What's new

Featured Azerbaijan Armenian War

Armenian Metis ATGM hit Azeri T-72 MBT

Armenian M75 mortars

Azeri kamikaze drone shot down by Armenian MANPADS

You are boring us to death with these old videos some of these posts are already under control of Azerbaijani forces. Regarding shooting a drone down well A token victory for huge losses. Congratulation Looser!!!

This seems to be one of the few English speaking forums where this conflict is being discussed.

I think this conflict is a significant issue because it signals a resurgent Turkey as leader of the muslim world.

Their amazing military and engineering advances are giving them a seat at the table with the big powers for the first time in 100 years.

Naturally, if you don't have nukes, you are very limited in how much weight you can throw around. And I think this is where Pakistan's role is crucial. While Turkey has implicit backing of Pakistan it is able to do what it is doing.

The fight is being done by Azerbaijan and it is only able to do it because it has Turkish and Pakistani backing.

And they seem to be doing ok. Armenians have had 30 years to dig in. It reminds me of the movie "Letters from Iwo Jima", where the Japanese were able to resist for a whole month outnumbered by the Americans 5:1 with USAF air support and the whole pacific fleet bombing the Japanese. So I would not be surprised if this war takes months or even another 10 years on and off. Inch by inch. hill by hill.

Armenians won't give up easily. They feel historically wronged and they feel their country is too small. and it is. It's all mountains and its tiny and landlocked. And it's probably the worst positioned country in the region. So they want to expand quite badly I would say.
Pakistan's support for Azerbaijan is independent of Turkey. However, this conflict does display the potential of a Turkey-Pakistan nexus. Middle east is divided into 3 evenly matched power blocs right now. The Turkey bloc, the Iran bloc, the GCC+Egypt bloc. Pakistan can become the pivot that allows one faction to become more dominate over the others. Turkey is the strongest individual country in the ME however on its own, it got bogged down in Syria and and Libya. GCC+Egypt is probably the strongest bloc but on their own were bogged down in Yemen and Libya. The Iran bloc, on paper is the weakest but has performed well in the field in Syria and Yemen.

Pakistan has supplied, trained, and advised Azeri forces as well as Turkey. This additional support has made the Azeri military far more potent then GNA or Syrian factions on the ground.... and will allow the Turkey bloc to have a clear victory over the Armenia/Iran bloc.....just a matter of time.

The implications for the region is clear, if Pakistan strongly sides with one of the ME power blocs...they will win. This for Pakistan will be come a juggling act. Iran is our neighbor...we need good relations with them. We have big historic ties to GCC and need good relations with them. At this point we are a wild card for the ME factions.

It's kind of amused me on how litle coverage by major world media on this conflict . Why ?? Because they supposedly champion are definitely in the wrong position here ?? Hence their standard holier than thou attitude can no longer fitting in the narratives . Or simply they couldn't to watch the armenian get pounded relentlessly witthout so much of fight at all ??
All we have is loudmouth indian bullshit and missguided armenian diaspora buzzer who far from the firing line flooding the socmed with their own self made delutional " supposedly true " story

It's worth pondering tho'

😎

The Russians have declared their red line, 'no taking of Armenian sovereign land'. So long as Azerbaijan sticks to only taking back its territory, it'll be in the clear.

The writing is on the wall, the Armenians are a burden for Russia right now, which is why the Russians haven't intervened yet, even though the status quo benefits them. The Armenians will either lose, or the international community will convince Azerbaijan to stop its offensive, in either case, the Russians have nothing to gain.

The hope for Russia now is that Azeri land goes back to Azerbaijan, and Armenia remains in one piece. In this way, their south border will become stable again. They'll still have influence in Armenia, but they know now that Azerbaijan is a lost cause for them. Their goal will be to counter Turkish influence in Azerbaijan, by propping up Armenia even further, after the war ends.

[Edit]: on a side note, I wouldn't be surprised if Azerbaijan and Turkey have Washington's secret backing. Keep in mind, Turkey is a member of NATO, and Azerbaijan shares a border with both Russia and Iran. Azerbaijan is also geographically close to China, making it an ideal place for NATO to counter Russia, Iran and China. It also helps that Russia, Iran and China are all rivals to both Turkey and the US.

While Armenia proper is the red line, Russia sells military hardware to Armenia at heavy discount due to CSTO. Armenia bought 4 Su-30SM jets for only 100 million USD which is about half market price.

It is interesting to note in this war Armenia has counter battery radars which accurately locates Azeri artillery positions whereas Azeri army don't have counter battery radars.

I see your point. However, Russia will not, and I repeat will not annex Azerbaijan. I already explained to you the negative consequences of the Crimea annexation and under Trump the sanctions have not changed but rather proliferated in some areas.

Putin does care about Russians more than you think. As a matter of fact he saved and kept it's independence in Financials (foreign banks have limited access to Russian Markets), Energy, defense, food production, etc. Without him, all of these industries would have been "privatized" by western corporations and private investors. This has been done with most eastern European countries (i.e. Poland, Croatia, Bulgaria, Romania, etc.) all of their critical industries have been bought. Let's not get off topic here, Putin publicly stated that Russia only has a responsibility to safeguard the territory of the republic of Armenia, not Nagorno-Karabakh (which is internationally recognized as territory of Azerbaijan).

In a worst case scenario, Russia would send in their Wagner group to assist the Armenians, but so far it has not done that primarily due to Armenia's current prime minister who is pro-west.

I already predicted what will happen. The Azeris will use drones and artillery to soften the Armenian defenses and to lure in their reservists (which is already happening). Destroy and kill as much as possible in the first few weeks (3-8) then a massive offensive will occur and liberate a big chunk. I doubt Azerbaijan will get all of Nagorno-Karabakh, but let's wait and see.

Yeltsin did not care about the economy of Russia, putin is a Yeltsin appointee. putin is the trump of Russia, 15 years ahead of USA, MRGA, though is more for pushing nazi agenda, same as trump. trump behind the scenes insults average Americans, putin is no different. Both want empires, yet fool everybody they are for peace.

putin knew the neo-liberals hated putin and there would be heavy repercussions if putin annexed Crimea. If putin was stupid enough to annex the Crimea with Obama and full neo-liberal opposition, then a 2nd term for trump (with trump no longer removable through elections) annexation of Azerbaijan is possible. trump is not going to care about Azerbaijan. The ball would be in Europe's camp to sanction, that is what putin worries about. If Europe sanctions Russia outside of US pressure not to, then putin is going to be more in the sphere of China. If Europe is a push over, then watch Washington and Moscow grow closer. And watch Moscow slowly ditch China for India and Washington. This won't fully happen until Rome and Berlin go neo-nazi putin supporting with Salvini and AfD.

This is why Azerbaijan has time for a victory without Russian involvement. If the war drags for years, putin is more likely to enter the war and annex Azerbaijan.

trump sanctions the pipeline to Germany because Washington feels that is their sphere of US hegemony to sell Nat Gas. However trump after the election/selection would feel free to help putin and spread the neo-nazi movement around the globe. Azerbaijan being annexed is part of trumps neo-nazi agenda. The anti-Russia holdovers in Washington would go crazy though. First term is to beat down opposition, 2nd term is where trumps ambitions is going to be attempted.

If biden loses in November, watch trump pivot to Russia. trump wants a lasting anti-EU, pro-Russia, pro-nazism, pro-Netanyahu movement in Russia, Europe, North America, India and Australia.

Such a movement would not care if half of Azerbaijan is genocided by putin.

Azerbaijan should speed up liberation, situation may turn bad if it drags on.

I am happy to know, as u mentioned u have extensive knowledge and are much qualified in deen. it might take me 5 decade to know wat u know, as u said. I am happy to know u have studied deen extensively.

Yes, i am not an expert and not sure, if even after 5 decades i will be able to distinguish right or wrong to the degree u so confidently claim. what little knowledge i have and through wat my teachers taught, i dont see turning a church into toilet is ever in any case justified in Islam. Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) nor his companions has ever done that nor preached as such. But please help me, if through your extensive over 5 decades of learning islam, you can show me where Islam says to do such acts of jahalat. Problem is u are having all the wrong concept of money and property and u being free to do watever u please wid it.

Please share proof. would highly appreciate it. Just plz dont give example of 360 idols being thrown out as its 180 to case we are discussing. Would love to learn from you, based on your extensive knowledge about islam and its teachings.

There is Islam and there are things permissible in Islam.

Islam = Quran / Sunnah.
Permissible = Anythng not prohibited in Islam.
Miswak/Siwak = Sunnah = Islam.
Tooth brush = not sunnah = but despite it permissible = (because) it is not prohibited.

Permissibility is not based on explicits texts of Quran, or prophetic teaching permissibility is based on something not being prohibited.

There is: (1) Fard, (2) Sunnah, (3) Mubah i.e. permissible. For the first two, Fard, and Sunnah text from Quran and Hadith is needed. In other words if I say demolishing a church, making it into toilets is Fard/Sunnah. Then I will need to support it with evidence of Quran/Sunnah. Because what I have done by saying that is - indirectly I have said this is what Allah instrcted in Quran and Prophet saw, did, or spoke in support of. So I need to provide evidence.

I said, it is permissible and not prohibted. I give you evidence for it being permitted and you quote me texts of Quran/Hadith saying it is prohibited.

What Allah has made lawful in His Book is halal and what He has forbidden is haram, and that concerning which He is silent is allowed as His favor. So accept from Allah His favor, for Allah is not forgetful of anything. He then recited, "And thy Lord is not forgetful." [Ref: Musnad Al Bazzar]

“Allah has prescribed certain obligations for you, so do not neglect them; He has defined certain limits, so do not transgress them; He has prohibited certain things do do not do them; and He has kept silent concerning about other things out of mercy for you, and not because of forgetfulness, so do not ask questions concerning them.” [Ref: Sunan Darqutni]

“It was narrated that Salman Al-Farisi said: “The Messenger of Allah was asked about ghee, cheese and wild donkeys. He said: ‘What is lawful is that which Allah has permitted, in His Book and what is unlawful is that which Allah has forbidden in His Book. What He remained silent about is what is pardoned.’” [Ref: Ibn Majah, B29, H3367]

What these Ahadith say is Halal and Haram are clearly stated in Quran and Sunnah. And what is not prohibited/permitted is Mubah (i.e. allowed as mercy and Allah has remained silent on them). I said it is permissible. And why making a church into toilets is permissible is because it is not prohibited in Quran and Sunnah. And Allah has remained silent over it not because He did not know what I was capable of but he left it out as an act of Mercy. Act of this mercy translates to hundreds of mosques in England becoming Masjids, here. And hundred of others have becomes homes of gora people living in UK example of few, here.

If you say it is prohibited/Haram then you quote me where Allah or his Messenger said we cannot make a church into a house, Masjid, or even public toilets (as act of charity and kindess for people). The one who prohibits something is under burden of proof to prove it. For permissibility proof is not needed because all not prohibited is allowed according to above Hadith but all prohibited is in Quran and Hadith ... so you simply quote me where it says I cannot make church into public toilets.

There is Fard, Sunnah, Mubah. I said it is Mubah because it hasnt been prohibited. You believe it is prohibited in Islam. You prove the prohibition I have proven permissibility on basis of Allah remained silent therefore allowed - remained silent on church bein converted to toilets - therefore it is allowed.

Those who converted it to homes. what do they have in homes, toilets, what do mosques have in them toilets and if mosque is on former church then toilets are in it. Ex-church-homes they have toilets in them, goras have kama sutra in them, watch **** movies in them. Try to understand in islam there is no prohibition of making a church into masjid, home, toilets, community centre, cinema, gym, or anything else.

Central Asians were brutally colonised by Russia for a long time. Thats why they speak Russian.

Someone said they have Russian names. lol no they don't. Anyone in Russia can easily know that their names are not Russian. Surnames often end with "-ayev" and first names are like "Nursultan".

I think it's not so Russian.

They might look Chinese to someone who has never seen a Chinese person in their life.

The Central Asian people most integrated into Russia are the Tatars, and they all speak their own language before they learn Russian at school. They've been a part of Russia since Ivan the terrible and before that, they controlled Russia. Most probably even look Russian, and they are loyal citizens because they really have no choice.

All the other central asians that have their own country, are just sitting pretty while their Russian population evaporates. And they do as Russia says, because they don't want to end up like Ukraine.

But one day they will be totally free. This is better for them than fighting a war with Russia.
Central Asia turned into Russian after 1st world war. These people change their identity to adjust themselves with Greater Russia. Even the name change from " Azim" to Azimov" . Otherwise they have been isolated and neglected from jobs etc ..

Now the army of Azerbiajan is trained by Israel and provided massive training, but...

Azerbaijan-Israel Military Partnership: Implications for Regional Security
Over the last twenty years, the political and defense ties between Israel and Azerbaijan have improved dramatically, to the point where the Jewish State is now considered one of Azerbaijan's closest military partners

1602260517510.png

The close diplomatic relations with Israel has always been a suitable factor for official Baku to demonstrate its uniqueness in the Muslim world. The diplomatic relations established in April 1992, not long after the dissolution of the Soviet Union. Since the establishment of diplomatic relations between two countries, there have been a number of high-level visits, although in most cases, the visiting senior officials were Israelis. Over the last twenty years, the ties between Israel and Azerbaijan have improved drastically.

After the collapse of the Soviets, Israel has rapidly expanded its foreign policy options by establishing a dialogue with CIS countries, in particular with Azerbaijan. Azerbaijan lies on the shores of the Caspian Sea, bordered on the south by Iran. Like Iran, it is predominantly Shia country, but its regime is secular and pro-Western. In fact, Azerbaijan-Israel partnership is mostly based on culture, since Azerbaijan is a historical home for ethnic-Jewish people, while dozens of Azeri Jewish people live in Israel.

In addition to political and cultural relations, Israel is one of the closest military partners of Azerbaijan, as the country is a target for Israeli defense industry exports. Israeli defense companies were also involved in training Special Forces and bodyguard missions for senior officials in Azerbaijan, constructing security systems for the airport in Baku and upgrading military equipment from the Soviet era. There have also been reports that Azerbaijan serves as a hub for Israeli intelligence-gathering operations against Iran.

In 2012, a $1.6 billion transaction involving the sale of weapons by Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) to Azerbaijan was reported. The transaction included unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) and satellite systems. Over the past three years, Azerbaijan has become an even more significant destination for Israeli arms exports. The bilateral military cooperation between Israel and Azerbaijan has entered the new phase during the latest visit of Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu to Baku. While the latest visit of Netanyahu boosted the bilateral relations in a good way, some experts argued that the new military contract was signed in Baku. Unexpectedly, during the joint press conference, President Ilham Aliyev announced that his country had signed $5 billion worth of long-term contracts over the years to buy weapons and security equipment from Israel.

Eventually, from Azerbaijan’s perspective, one of the primary goals of its foreign policy is redeeming territory lost during the war in Nagorno-Karabakh in the 1990s. The cooperation in the security field between Israel and Azerbaijan helps the latter to maintain balanced foreign policy towards regional countries such as Russia, Iran, and Turkey. Official Baku now is keener in purchasing Israeli-made weaponry, in particular, kamikaze drones following the successful “Four-Day War” in Karabakh in April 2016. According to Azerbaijani military experts, the Israeli-made equipment is better quality and more modern compared to other purchased equipment. Nevertheless, Russia still maintains the main weapon supplier position of Azerbaijan Armed Forces. According to estimates, 85 percent of Azerbaijan’s arms expenditures from 2005-2014 went to procurements from Russia.

As a result of Israel’s undeniable contribution to Azerbaijan's military, especially during the April war there appeared certain articles, statements, and commentaries in local mass media praising Israeli-Azerbaijan military partnership.

Besides military ties, Israeli authorities eye more cooperation with Baku in energy, agricultural and other fields. Considerably, the energy issue was on the agenda of Prime Minister Netanyahu during his Baku visit. It is no secret that Azerbaijan is the biggest supplier of oil to Israel for years. During his visit to Baku, Israeli PM Netanyahu discussed the possibility of joining the Baku-led Trans-Adriatic Pipeline, which intends to deliver natural gas to the southern part of Europe via Turkey. "Now we’re talking about not just the sale of oil from Azerbaijan to Israel, which is a very important part of our oil imports. We’re talking about using common facilities for the export of gas and the linking of Israel’s gas exports potentially to a great pipeline that is being built as we speak right now from Azerbaijan into Turkey," said PM Netanyahu.

Azerbaijani government, which always maintains balanced foreign policy towards neighboring countries, will likely increase the volume of military partnership with Israel. However, the details of future arm import from Israel remains unclear, given the discord of Iran to growing Israeli involvement in the region. Although Azerbaijan avoids provocative measures against Iran, Israeli defense industry offers the best option (newly made defense radar system) to Baku to confront with Armenia’s Iskander Missile system.

Fuad Shahbazov (@fuadshahbazov) is an Expert-Advisor at Baku-based Centre for Strategic Studies under the President of Azerbaijan Republic. His area of expertise embraces regional security, religious radicalism, and military issues.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom