What's new

Azadi chowk is ready to be inaugurated

10489683_760708320634443_3732210625339081477_n.jpg

10514537_760708083967800_6668422563118655604_n.jpg

1926918_603840903048531_1263754885397376150_n.jpg

10423292_910928065590900_4549310553163041575_n.jpg

Last edited:
The complete waste of resources.
PML n has always come up with such vague money burning schemes.
We dont need such projects for now !! We need education and Health.
Education: Will get rid of terrorism, Employment and flourishing opportunities Health: More productive citizens

Some of the posts on here really make me wonder if people in Pakistan are just selfish for their own political agenda or is it an issue across the nation and not at an individual level. Every time there is a thread open that shows a good project finished up and completed helping the people, so many posts like the one above are written in so many ways, its sad. Such a divided country without any nationalism and pride!

The project here will help hundreds of thousands of people, will reduce gas consumption, daily commute and time for the poor who currently travel to and from work in these areas. How is that not helpful? Also, projects like these create jobs and then permanent jobs for ongoing support and maintenance. All that means revenue going into people's pockets (majority of which are poor), and thus, making parents able to afford schools and education and all, not to mention that better infrastructure kicks off the economy into a growth mode and invites investment, all of which helps the people of your country.
Without having jobs, people making money, paying taxes.....how do you envision ANY government providing Education and Healthcare to people?????
Why bash such an important thing when you should actually be proud that your country has started to do what hasn't been done in 70 years....?? I feel like I am hitting my head against a wall. You guys don't recognize common people's problems and appreciate anything that happens for public welfare. But you are too focused on being negative just to support your selfish political agenda. SAD!

Last edited:
Well said orangzeb ....totally agree with you. Good to see that at least some people are still on country's side rather than their own political party

Great work :tup:
Ayashi karo lahore walon
Humne bhi ayashi ki thi Naimat ullah kahn aur Mustafa kamal ke time mein:rolleyes:
Lakh di lanat on sindh govt.:tdown:

Like this.......

Green is how people will end up driving.The design is a complete mess (Red arrows) and add the driving habits of people back home :mad:

There are pictures now available with traffic going through it. Seems like people are driving just fine and the design hasn't really caused traffic stops :). The design is fine as these guys have similar designs already in place and people are familiar with how to use lanes.
This isn't the first project for overhead pass in that area. Last time I visited South Asia, I saw a few of these in Lahore in different places. People are used to using signal free overpasses. In India, you guys use a different approach, its about where the architecture / highway system is coming from, at the end, you get similar results.

Last edited:
The design is fine as these guys have similar designs already in place and people are familiar with how to use lanes.
Thanks Aurangzeb Orangzeb (CPEng,FCIHT).

You don't need to be a road planner to figure out the fu*k up.......Driving License would be a good enough qualification.

Indian roads are as shitty as the Pakistani ones when it comes to Usability and Safety :lol:

The complete waste of resources.

PML n has always come up with such vague money burning schemes.

We dont need such projects for now !! We need education and Health.

Education: Will get rid of terrorism, Employment and flourishing opportunities

Health: More productive citizens

Yeah, from your post it's quiet evident that Pakistan needs to spend more on education.

(Y) iPhone.

I don't know why these people don't realise that infrastructure development is the key to prosperity. I think they forget about Dubai, Singapore etc. that how they developed themselves into what they are today.

A simple way of saying is that where there is no infrastructure, nobody wants to go there or if is already there then is unhappy. E.g. Sindh, Balochistan, KPK. Everytime criticise Punjab but the fact is that if Punjab govt wants to develop infrastructure and modernize the province, then I'm all on board with that.

I think one who criticizes should realise that its the same reason, there are different departments for different people to take care of. One cannot say, spend all the money on health and don't spend anything on infrastructure.

Real gorgeous pictures by Hasan Khan of the new Azadi Chowk near Minar-e-Pakistan, completely changed the loca view of Badshahi Majid and the Minar. Splendid job.

Given the outburst of Lahore population and extreme rush on Lahore streets, alot more work needs to be done. This is too little too late.

Back
Top Bottom