What's new

Azadi chowk is ready to be inaugurated

I know what I'm talking but any way ... it's a good development and it will be what it is..Congrats!!

Please book mark my post and look at it in few years time you'll realize that designers could have considered a long term solution

Cheers!!

This thread will die and will only pop if what you says is true. So hopefully never,

Anyway see this to get better idea,

Do you think its still a bad choice?

The complete waste of resources.

PML n has always come up with such vague money burning schemes.

We dont need such projects for now !! We need education and Health.

Education: Will get rid of terrorism, Employment and flourishing opportunities

Health: More productive citizens

I still cant figure out why is this whole thing in the air? if this whole thing was on level 0, what other traffic it could have stopped? doesnt make sense.

2-3479-800-600-80-jpg.37985

leave the inauguration. just figure out why is this flyover even flying?
people will trying to cross the road from it and stuff.

The complete waste of resources.

PML n has always come up with such vague money burning schemes.

We dont need such projects for now !! We need education and Health.

Education: Will get rid of terrorism, Employment and flourishing opportunities

Health: More productive citizens
this is more important for now, education will take years and years to achieve and its not like the government has stopped efforts to improve education.
with better infrastructure we have more relief for our population , it will be better for business and better for our health

This thread will die and will only pop if what you says is true. So hopefully never,

Anyway see this to get better idea,

Do you think its still a bad choice?
Sorry Bro, I cannot see picture you've posted!

We had similar situation in Delhi and solved by a excellent design allowing traffic to bye pass whole stretch or move in out that's too at a T junction at very crowed place.. FYI

19777.jpg

Sorry Bro, I cannot see picture you've posted!

We had similar situation in Delhi and solved by a excellent design allowing traffic to bye pass whole stretch or move in out that's too at a T junction at very crowed place.. FYI

19777.jpg

Its a youtube video in 3d, search Azaadi chowk lahore in youtube.

What is the reason behind it, I thought pakistan is the only country where youtube is currently banned.

Info knowledge censoring in disguise of crack down of propaganda from west.

China has banned YT, Facebook, Google, Gmail, Photobucket (on & off) , Most of blogspots and they did it before Pakistan did.

Chief Minister Punjab Muhammad Shehbaz Sharif inaugurated the Azadi Chowk Flyover near Minar-e-Pakistan, Lahore, today

While talking to the media, CM Shehbaz Sharif said that the flyover has been constructed with a cost of Rs. 5 billion and 30 crores. The flyover got completed in less than six months. Shahbaz Sharif said that more than two hundred thousand vehicles will use this flyover daily. While cars had to wait for several minutes at this road due to traffic signals and heavy traffic during rush hours, they will now be using this flyover and avoid long delays.

Criticizing the political opponents indirectly, Chief Minister said that Pakistan needed progress at this stage and must abstain from the politics of agitation. “Pakistan needs March of Progress right now instead of Long Marches”, said the CM. He further added that this flyover will not only help people save time but will also save them fuel.

CM Shahbaz also congratulated the residents of Lahore and those who regularly visit the city. Azadi Chowk is situated near Shahdra Toll Plaza and most vehicles entering Lahore must pass this square. Supporters of the Chief Minister and common people were present in large numbers on this occasion.

CM remarked that Pakistan needed to progress and those conducting long marches are trying to hold the country back. Shehbaz Sharif said that the flyover will provide people with excellent travelling standards.

Pakistan Muslim League (N) has always focused construction and road projects every time it has come into power. The idea of Motorway was first conceived during 1992 when the current Prime Minister had held the seat for the first time. The same project was completed during his second tenure.

Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif also worked upon several projects during his 2008-13 tenure. Lahore Metro Bus Project, Muslim Town Flyover, Kalma Chowk Flyover, underpassm Model Town Underpass and Saggian Interchange in Lahore while Chandni Chowk flyover in Rawalpindi were the highlights of his previous tenure. Ring Road around Lahore was also completed during his tenure.

During his third term as the Chief Minister of Punjab that started last year after General Elections 2013, which PML (N) swept in Punjab, he has already started work on Rawalpindi-Islamabad Metro Bus Project in collaboration with the Capital Development Authority (CDA) and National Highway Authority (NHA).

The completion of Azadi Chowk Flyover is yet another milestone achieved by the government in such a short span of time. Though the PML (N) is often criticized by its opponents for its extra focus on the road construction, the projects have always helped the party securing good number of votes in all the elections. Metro Bus Systems in Multan and Faisalabad are also in pipeline while the Prime Minister has announced Metro Bus System for Karachi as well during his recent visit to the financial hub of the country. Lahore-Karachi Motorway and Orange Line Train, Lahore, are two of the projects being worked at currently by the Federal and Provincial governments respectively.

Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif inaugurates Azadi Chowk Flyover | Pakistan | Dunya News

The only thing I don't understand whenever I see these pics is where is the give-way line? It's a major junction and I fail to see how the traffic will be diverted into different lanes.

Like this.......
ZaTCSyG.jpg

Green is how people will end up driving.The design is a complete mess (Red arrows) and add the driving habits of people back home :mad:

Back
Top Bottom