What's new

Azadi chowk is ready to be inaugurated

Azadi Chowk

10500564_758186460886629_5488409816196562849_n.jpg

Aerial View of the new Azadi Chowk Interchange ... Completed in record time of 165 days ... On average, over two hundred thousand vehicles will daily pass through this junction, saving fuel of Rs 9 million per annum.

A flyover and an elevated roundabout have been constructed under this project at Ravi Road. The roundabout has three up-ramps and three down-ramps; two up-ramps and two down-ramps on Ravi Road, starting from Texali Chowk and ending at Timber Market and vice versa. One up-ramp and a down-ramp have also been constructed on Ahmad Ali Road. The overall length of the interchange is 2.53 kilometer.
Traffic leading to Circular Road from Data Darbar, Shahdara and Timber Market will use this flyover for going to Maulana Ahmed Ali Road, Lorry Adda and other points at Circular Road.

New Circlular Road was also part of this project, which has been completed too. Total length of this road is 1.6 kilometer. This dual carriage way is 14.7 meters wide on each side. Each side comprises of four lanes and every lane is 3.3 meter wide. A roundabout and two U-turns were also made on this road. This new road was started from Maulana Ahmed Ali Road and then connects Minar-e-Pakistan, Lorry Adda, Badami Bagh, Masti Gate and Circular Road.

Why does a flyover need inauguration that is essentially a wasteful ceremony? what is with Pakistanis? Politicians , Military Leaders.. all need to plant that damn plaque and waste time instead of doing something useful.

I still cant figure out why is this whole thing in the air? if this whole thing was on level 0, what other traffic it could have stopped? doesnt make sense.

2-3479-800-600-80-jpg.37985

Why does a flyover need inauguration that is essentially a wasteful ceremony? what is with Pakistanis? Politicians , Military Leaders.. all need to plant that damn plaque and waste time instead of doing something useful.

leave the inauguration. just figure out why is this flyover even flying?

I still cant figure out why is this whole thing in the air? if this whole thing was on level 0, what other traffic it could have stopped? doesnt make sense.

2-3479-800-600-80-jpg.37985

Because ordinary junctions are too mainstream for Khadim-Shareef

Are you civil engineer (bridge engineer) bhai?

It surely looks nice; but, it also reminds me of a Chapter of Quran which talks about such monument builders!

Chapter 89 - Daybreak

In the name of God, the Lord of Mercy, the Giver of Mercy

1 By the Daybreak,
2 by the Ten Nights,
3 by the even and the odd,
4 by the passing night ––
5 is this oath strong enough for a rational person?
6 Have you [Prophet] considered how your Lord dealt with [the people] of Ad,
7 of Iram, [the city] of lofty pillars,
8 whose like has never been made in any land,
9 and the Thamud, who hewed into the rocks in the valley,
10 and the mighty and powerful Pharaoh? (pyramid builder)
11 All of them committed excesses in their lands,
12 and spread corruption there:
13 your Lord let a scourge of punishment loose on them.
14 Your Lord is always watchful.

I don't see any difference between those described in Quran and the builders of this Azadi monument. Both committed excesses and spread corruption. How much money would they have diverted from peoples welfare projects just to make Asia's biggest roundabout?

I like the design of this flyover. The only thing Showbaz does correctly, that is, building roads and flyovers.

Come on sir, where would Ittefaq Sarya go if this whole thing isn't in the air?

nope. just trying to get some commonsense for my head
The reason I asked is that bridge/road design in 21st century is very complicated process.

The best thing is to ask an expert before forming an opinion contrary to the existing one.

Or at least get a hold of feasibility studies and they should provide some kind of alternatives considered and then the final design selected.

On PDF and in our society, we get angry and frustrated based on incomplete or inaccurate info.

Which should not be the case.

Hope you understand.

Last edited:
The reason I asked is that bridge/road design in 21st century is very complicated process.

The best thing is to ask and expert before forming an opinion contrary to the existing one.

Or at least get a hold of feasibility studies and they should provide some kind of alternatives considered and then the final design selected.

On PDF and in our society, we get angry and frustrated based on incomplete or inaccurate info.

Which should not be the case.

Hope you understand.

well i do have some understanding of what is expected on 'PDF and in our soceity.' u see i have been here for sometime now! and since i was a mod as well so i know some rules as well :p
My comments on this flyover have been in the form of raising questions. are my posts suggesting a definite opinion? anyone can clarify if they know or leave it if they dont. If we are not here to inform each other than what are we here for? makes sense? :/?

Back
Top Bottom