What's new

Avoid cow slaughter on Eid, suggests Dar-ul-Uloom India)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see why it is a big issue at all if some states in India want to ban cow slaughter keeping in mind the religious sensitivities of a large majority of people.

It should be par for the course. The same way the religious sensitivities of the Muslims are also considered. Books are banned, Haj subsidy is given, Muslim personal law governs their affairs, there are minority educational institutes (a facility that the majority community doesn't enjoy) and so on.

What exactly is the problem here!

I don't see why it is a big issue at all if some states in India want to ban cow slaughter keeping in mind the religious sensitivities of a large majority of people.

It should be par for the course. The same way the religious sensitivities of the Muslims are also considered. Books are banned, Haj subsidy is given, Muslim personal law governs their affairs, there are minority educational institutes (a facility that the majority community doesn't enjoy) and so on.

What exactly is the problem here!

Gujrat, Madhya Pradesh and Chattisgarh also have a huge muslim population. Is pork banned there aswell?

Gujrat, Madhya Pradesh and Chattisgarh also have a huge muslim population. Is pork banned there aswell?

No sure if such a demand has been raised by the Muslims.

You can rest assured Indian Muslims are vociferous in raising their demands and it is getting better.

I being a vegetarian will prefer the banning of all meat anyway. ;)

i dont know why are pakistani members with respect are so unwantedly commenting in the civil and social life of the Indian Muslims as a muslim of the larger world community i would like to appeal to the pakistani muslims to leave the Indian Muslims alone for Allah's sake i mean c'mon BEEF has nothing to do with ISLAM

Hindus don't prefer to eat pork (many of us are vegetarians and those not are content with fish and chicken) pig is looked upon as dirty in general consciousness, and Muslims also don't eat it . So consumption is already very low. It might be available in some 5-star hotels but definitely is not commonly sold or served here.So there is no need to specifically ban it, its already quite low. BTW if a Muslim body makes a demand a ban I see no problem in supporting it.

thank god quaid-e-azam created pakistan

You can rest assured Indian Muslims are vociferous in raising their demands and it is getting better.

I being a veggie will prefer the banning of all meat anyway. ;)

Vinod,i thought the argument was over?:lol:

well the world doesnt care what you prefer or what not!
and nobody comprises their liberty.i am not a veggie ,so what if i like to ban all the veggie lovers around:azn:

Reactions: Neo
i dont know why are pakistani members with respect are so unwantedly commenting in the civil and social life of the Indian Muslims as a muslim of the larger world community i would like to appeal to the pakistani muslims to leave the Indian Muslims alone for Allah's sake i mean c'mon BEEF has nothing to do with ISLAM

Sir! i think you didn't get the point.let me help you with this.Islam has nothing to do with beef and beef has nothing to do with Islam.Ok? the thing is that Eid ul Adha is a religious festival that Muslims celebrate every year and....Hindus call it a "Murder" what we call a "Sacred sacrifice".and they have also got some serious problems with the cow slaughter.but they have their issues and they'll remain just as well:argh:

Trust methey will never ever raise any such voice.

Surprise Surprise....

I being a vegetarian will prefer the banning of all meat anyway. ;)

In other words hindus want to take away the right to eat from minorities like Christians, Sikhs, Muslims etc.???

Last edited:
as a matter of fact, Hindus just love bossing around No?

Vinod,i thought the argument was over?:lol:

well the world doesnt care what you prefer or what not!
and nobody comprises their liberty.i am not a veggie ,so what if i like to ban all the veggie lovers around:azn:

Sure. You may want to do that. First you need to promise not to have anything vegetarian at all. That you will kill an animal any time you feel the urge to feed yourself.

For me it is not about religion. It is about cruelty to the animals.

I don't see why a poor animal needs to die every time I feel the hunger pangs.

There is a major turn towards vegetarianism in many parts of the world now. A lot of people in USA and Europe are turning to vegetarianism because of health benefits as well as to prevent the cruelty to animals.

Surprise Surprise....

In other words hindus want to take away the right to eat from minorities like Christians, Sikhs, Muslims etc.???

did u missed the wink at the end of the post ? he was making a light hearted comment and you are taking it seriously. moreover he said 'as a vegetarian' so it was a statement which implied the community of vegetarians and not hindus.

It is nothing to do with Hindus.

It was a personal comment. I feel it is a cruelty to kill an animal just to feed yourself.

You may not agree and I am fine with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom