What's new

Average Pakistani Soldier

EagleEyes

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Lets discuss what an average Pakistani soldier during the war will look like. Do all the soldiers get kevlar vest or other bullet proof materials? What kind of weaponry would an average soldier have? Discuss the scenerios, costs, deployment, purpose, etc. :tup:

A good place to start this will be to take a look at the basic training thread to see the basic equipment carried by the average infantryman (thanks to Blain2 there :tup: )

The average load-out for a sqauddie here (with similar weapon) would be 120-200 rounds in magazine form. Plus any additional weaponry (e.g. anti-tank assets for a infantry sqaud ) THEN you get to personal kit....sleeping bags, food,Hygiene equipment etc etc.
If you look at most of the pictures in the gallery it looks like the average infantryman. Will be using a U.S. pattern steel helmet. And a basic webbing system.

...Plus any additional weaponry (e.g. anti-tank assets for a infantry sqaud ) THEN you get to personal kit....sleeping bags, food,Hygiene equipment etc etc.
Correct me if I am wrong but the Pak infantry battalion does not have an AT weapon at the squad/ section level. The RPG-7 is issued at the Platoon level.

Apart from that the average joe is a disciplined and motivated chap.

Correct me if I am wrong but the Pak infantry battalion does not have an AT weapon at the squad/ section level. The RPG-7 is issued at the Platoon level.

Apart from that the average joe is a disciplined and motivated chap.

Well I am just quoting from my own experience. We would carry a LAW at sqaud level (I believe it has been upgraded to a new system recently (AT-4))

The rounds of ammunition are corrected for a 7-62 weapon. With a 5-56 look at 180-300

I believe you are right regarding the RPG's, however I am not the one to ask!:tup:

Pakistan has started to make it's own body armor and is equiping all of its soldier with this armor as far as I know. I also know that all soldiers are being equiped with 5.56mm weapons.

Pakistan has started to make it's own body armor and is equiping all of its soldier with this armor as far as I know. I also know that all soldiers are being equiped with 5.56mm weapons.

Where does your information come from? If a weapon costs $1000-$1500 (approx) then it will cost roughly $525 million to change all these weapons. (never mind the logistical arm costs)(based on 350 000 personnel) and $175 million for the body armour.

yes he is right but about the body armour they make it at POF so it does'nt cost a lot , but the 5.56mm info means that you have some one at a very high post who told you.
If anyone is interested to know the link it is simple call the pakistani embassdor to US Gen Durani he was the chairman of POF.

yes he is right but about the body armour they make it at POF so it does'nt cost a lot , but the 5.56mm info means that you have some one at a very high post who told you.
If anyone is interested to know the link it is simple call the pakistani embassdor to US Gen Durani he was the chairman of POF.

Well it is a huge shift to change ammunition type.....

Lyra Pvt. Ltd offer bullet proof plates (both ceramic & PE) when used with appropriate jackets provide protection as per NIJ Level III, III+ and Level IV.

Lyra Shoe Company (Pvt) Ltd

Protection : Level III-A, III-& IV if used with appropriate plates.

Style 202 is designed to be worn in concealed way thats why it does not provides shoulder & thorax protection.

Side opening with front to back overlapping Front, back & side coverage
Multi hit capability
Removable, washable outer cover
Waterproof & ultra violet light proof ballistic panels
Adjustable Velcro side closures
Adjustable Velcro shoulder fastening
Full freedom to movement
Front & back pockets for hard armor plates
2 front utility pockets suitable for M16/G3 magazines

At Idex exhibition,Abu Dhabi POF displayed 5.56 x 45 mm

Dupont also has its officese in Pakistan, and theyare providing the Kevlar to POF. POF is only assembling in vest/jacket form.

5.56 is nowhere near close to becoming PA's ammo. for reasons qouted by keysersoze. (hey there man, wasuup:) )

Secondlt, 5.56 is a very contraversial round. and is not proving itself in Afghanistan and Iraq. The US is also looking for a new caliber. Maybe a 6.5 or 6.8 but even they are hesitant about it due to exhorbitant costs. so how can a country like PAkistan make that switch. Secondly, IMHO 7.62 (the caliber of the G3 and ak47) is a much better caliber than the 5.56

US spec ops are testing various options as of now, including a special version of the M4 that accepts the ak47 magazine. Plus a weapons system that will fire 5.56 nato and russian, 7.62 nato and russian and 6.5 calibers., with quick change bolt and barrel assmbly. this will be the ultimate assault rifle.

I really feel, that PA should get better quality boots. this may sound funny, but good BOOTS are very essential.

Dupont also has its officese in Pakistan, and theyare providing the Kevlar to POF. POF is only assembling in vest/jacket form.

5.56 is nowhere near close to becoming PA's ammo. for reasons qouted by keysersoze. (hey there man, wasuup:) )

Secondlt, 5.56 is a very contraversial round. and is not proving itself in Afghanistan and Iraq. The US is also looking for a new caliber. Maybe a 6.5 or 6.8 but even they are hesitant about it due to exhorbitant costs. so how can a country like PAkistan make that switch. Secondly, IMHO 7.62 (the caliber of the G3 and ak47) is a much better caliber than the 5.56

US spec ops are testing various options as of now, including a special version of the M4 that accepts the ak47 magazine. Plus a weapons system that will fire 5.56 nato and russian, 7.62 nato and russian and 6.5 calibers., with quick change bolt and barrel assmbly. this will be the ultimate assault rifle.

I really feel, that PA should get better quality boots. this may sound funny, but good BOOTS are very essential. Decent Cordura webbiong would be good.

Hey I just noticed ive been prmoted to the rank of Lieutenant:chilli:

BTW weby, how does this promotion works? any strings i gotta pull:P ??

Cheers

Hey I just noticed ive been prmoted to the rank of Lieutenant:chilli:

BTW weby, how does this promotion works? any strings i gotta pull:P ??

Cheers

someone is happy :lol:

It depends on the number of post, rather then passing from a well known military school

Not exactly relevant to the average Pakistani soldier, but interesting nonetheless:

"Partners In The Global Struggle: U.S. Embassy Delivers Counternarcotics Equipment To The Anti-Narcotics Force Vehicles and Security Equipment worth $850,000

12/16/2006

Islamabad - Today U.S. Ambassador Ryan C. Crocker handed over U.S. $850,000 worth of vehicles and security equipment to the Anti-Narcotics Force. During the ceremony, Ambassador Crocker noted, "The vehicles and security equipment handed over today is just one example of the U.S. Embassy’s well-established relationship with the Government of Pakistan’s Anti-Narcotics Force. We will continue to support the ANF in the fight against narcotics and Pakistan’s effort to block the influx of opiates coming from Afghanistan." Major General Khalid Jaffery, Director General of the Anti-Narcotics Force, accepted the equipment today in a ceremony at the ANF Headquarters in Rawalpindi, Pakistan.

The U.S. Government has been a partner of the Anti-Narcotics Force since its inception in 1995 and a supporter of Pakistan’s counternarcotics goals for more than two decades. 200 ballistic helmets, 150 sets of body armor, and more than 70 vehicles were provided to the Anti-Narcotics Force in today’s ceremony. Additional vehicles, surveillance and communication equipment will also be delivered to the ANF in the next several months.

This equipment is part of the US $30 million package of supplemental funding the U.S. Embassy’s Narotics Affairs Section committed to the Government of Pakistan in September 2005. US $8 million of that total is dedicated to equipping the Anti-Narcotics Force as they expand their operations to confront the ever-present global narcotics threat. This supplemental funding further joins Pakistan and the United States in common goal to interdict opiates that affect millions of lives worldwide."

Back
Top Bottom