What's new

Avalanche traps about 150 Pakistani soldiers

:: ISPR :: Inter Services Public Relations - PAKISTAN.................
COAS remained with the troops for some time and lauded their motivation in face of tough conditions and extreme weather. He appreciated their resolve to upkeep Army’s proud tradition of not leaving a man behind, until humanly possible, regardless of cost................

And reality is beginning to make itself felt, slowly but surely.

Thats indeed Major Zaka's dad

I am reposting his tribute for his son in case some one missed it earlier

Father's Tribute to a Son of Cadet College Hasanabdal
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 10:53:21 +0500

aik dard kay rishtay mein munsalik hum donoo....

... ... A Tribute to a Son of Cadet College, Hasanabdal

Today is my birthday. I was born to an officer of Merchant Navy named Abdur Rauf Saggu on tenth April, 1955. It was Sunday and lady doctor Mrs. Benjamin (RIP) had to leave her Easter Service in the church to help bring me into this world, where the Departure Mark is now closer than the Arrival Mark as I have turned fifty seven.

Believe you me, this is the saddest birthday of my life, because one of my sons Maj Zaka ul Haq is lying trapped under an eighty foot river of ice which has stopped and solidified into a hard mountain at Siachin. Like many others, I was hoping and praying for the miracle of his survival. And make no mistake if anyone who could make his way out of this white granite, it was him… Zaka, my mischievous son. The hope is fast fading away…..the scale of the rescue task is huge, and the efforts impeded by the weather and terrain seem to be puny and piddling…the only thing we are left to do is praying…praying for a miracle. Still, let’s continue to pray!

Several times today, I was accosted, ‘Saggu Saheb tabiat theek hey?’ and I said, ‘Haan yar April he na, lagta he zara allergy ho gai he.’ Zaka, you’ve made me realize that I’m growing old and people can see through the thin film of tears in my eyes and excessive sniffing. There’s a pall of fragrant sadness over CCH today, although it’s the tenth of April and the campus is blooming and beautiful like a princess. CCH is an extraction from Paradise, it truly is! It’s a special gift for people like Zaka.

Be sure Zaka if you have by now crossed to the other Kingdom, through the magical power of the wishes of Abdalians we shall transport your CCH to where you have gone and where it really belongs. There again the Adju will give you Front Rolls and Rounds of the Sport Grounds. The housemaster will reach for his cane for the smell of smoking and cardamom, and I shall recommend you for an appointment this time. You might even become the CC on the strength of your debating and sporting skills. Listen up, smoking is bad for health!

From the roiling and swirling turbulence of hope and despair, I can only babble out these few words at the moment.

Bye! My son! Pak Fauj Zindabad

WE ARE MANY, BUT ARE ONE
WE ARE ABDALIANS, SECOND TO NONE

United in grief

A Q Saggu
Deputy Vice Principal (coordination)
Cadet College, Hasanabdal

@ANTIBODY

wow wat a move man !!! u dont have the courage to stop an american spreading hopelessness around here but u immidiately deleted my post !!! its pk defence forum i guess ??

dissapointment !!! i thot its a forum for all and ppl can express thr sentiments but no i was wrong , mods here are quick to delete anti american posts :)

@Safriz ... bro i was calm and asked this VCheng to stop posting his idiotic logic again n again but he is alwys thr with new and worst comment !!! neways my bad with this note and STRONG DISSAPOINTMENT FROM ADMINISTRATION !! I quit this forum !! i know it dznt makes any difference but i dun feel like coming where ppl whr admins r baised !!!

My heartiest prayers for the struck brothers, May Allah S.W.T gives a happy news soon !!! ameen sum ameen !!

Ban me or Del my account from ACP pls !!!

Allah hafiz

@ANTIBODY

wow wat a move man !!! u dont have the courage to stop an american spreading hopelessness around here but u immidiately deleted my post !!! its pk defence forum i guess ??

dissapointment !!! i thot its a forum for all and ppl can express thr sentiments but no i was wrong , mods here are quick to delete anti american posts :)

@Safriz ... bro i was calm and asked this VCheng to stop posting his idiotic logic again n again but he is alwys thr with new and worst comment !!! neways my bad with this note and STRONG DISSAPOINTMENT FROM ADMINISTRATION !! I quit this forum !! i know it dznt makes any difference but i dun feel like coming where ppl whr admins r baised !!!

My heartiest prayers for the struck brothers, May Allah S.W.T gives a happy news soon !!! ameen sum ameen !!

Ban me or Del my account from ACP pls !!!

Allah hafiz

Yaar jazbaati kiyoon hotaa hai?

This thread is intended for news and relevant discussion about Siachen Disaster...Some have posted technical comments,other post any news about the incident they come across..Some write analysis.
Difference of opinion is only natural and happens..I see things positively,somebody else sees the negative aspect .
I can argue with them or let them do what they are doing while i keep posting my positive views on the subject.
I was not asking you to stop posting,i was asking you to stop confronting and keep posting you positive point of view.
Confrontation leads nowhere.

This guy Vcheng is pathetic.. I agree with Pak Falcon... ..Vcheng thinks tht no one would be able to survive..but some ppl here hope for a miracle..Even if u think so, tht no one would be alive, ok fine...u have said it many times...we have heard it clearly from you...mostly ppl think so too, but if ppl are hoping and praying for a miracle, what problem do u have? What pleasure do u get by spreading hopelessness and negativity? And its not like tht...today after so many days..u are spreading hopelessness...he is spreading negativity from day 1.... Why do u want ppl to stop praying...(for a miracle)? It seems he forcefully wants ppl to stop praying by spreading all sorts of negativity...U must have heard... Jisay Allah rakhey usay kon chakhey... But even if no miracle happens..and none of them is able to survive(God forbid), then we will accept Allah's will... Allah jab dukh deta hai...tu sabar bhi deta hai...But why do u want to spread hopelessness NOW and stop ppl praying for a miracle? It seems u get some sort of pleasure by ruining ppl's hopes and ur only aim is to spread negativity...He will highlight even the most minor things tht will spread negativity, and will discourage everyone who wants to pray to Allah for a miracle...Dont know...what pleasure do u get by this?

............ ..Vcheng thinks tht no one would be able to survive.................

.............. and VCheng is right. Sadly.

Dua'a ka matlab yeh nahi hota keh aqal ka istimaal chhor diya jaye.

.............. and VCheng is right. Sadly.

Dua'a ka matlab yeh nahi hota keh aqal ka istimaal chhor diya jaye.

@bold....Did u even bother to read my whole post what i was saying ...or just stopped at the first line...bcoz this is what u are obsessed with...and doesnt want to read anything else? I know...u didnt get my point..bcoz u just dont want to...

I hope that the recovery proceeds quickly enough to be as complete as humanly possible before the weather turns cold again.

Summer is only a short and relative luxury at that height.

can somebody search a similar incident and rescue operation that happened elsewhere in the world?
that will give us a rough idea on what timeframe to expect....and what else to expect from this operation.

i am of the opinion that this disaster is unique.

can somebody search a similar incident and rescue operation that happened elsewhere in the world?
that will give us a rough idea on what timeframe to expect....and what else to expect from this operation.

i am of the opinion that this disaster is unique.

As a rank amateur and an outsider, I am more than puzzled by the difficulty being faced.

The original coordinates of the camp are known. The army must have its exact GPS coordinates.

The direction of movement of the ice fragment is known.

The endpoint of the ice and rubble is clearly visible.

Surely they are excavating a segment of an arc with its centre at the original location and its periphery at the actual edge of the accumulated rubble. If so, then it becomes a function of time. The amount of rubble shifted per day can be used to calculate the number of days needed to shift the total amount of rubble within, say,a ten-degree arc.

It is impossible that this exercise had not been done. Possibly to avoid false hopes being raised, the rescuers have not put a date to their completion of their quest.

As a rank amateur and an outsider, I am more than puzzled by the difficulty being faced.

The original coordinates of the camp are known. The army must have its exact GPS coordinates.

The direction of movement of the ice fragment is known.

The endpoint of the ice and rubble is clearly visible.

Surely they are excavating a segment of an arc with its centre at the original location and its periphery at the actual edge of the accumulated rubble. If so, then it becomes a function of time. The amount of rubble shifted per day can be used to calculate the number of days needed to shift the total amount of rubble within, say,a ten-degree arc.

It is impossible that this exercise had not been done. Possibly to avoid false hopes being raised, the rescuers have not put a date to their completion of their quest.

The movement of such an immense amount of material is not as orderly or simplistic as you have assumed Sir.

Different layers of the slide move at different speeds, and the irregular terrain introduces upheavals and swirls within those layers in unpredictable patterns, resulting in a jumbled mix of aggregates. Even ground-penetrating radar has a huge difficulty in sorting out these recently disturbed layers, with cavitation and boulders giving false signals.

Further, the sheer amount of rubble that needs to be removed runs into at least several millions of cubic meters, even for targeted sites as you have mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom