What's new

Avalanche traps about 150 Pakistani soldiers

no dead body found no concrete walls NOTHING found where has everything disappered? it seems a bit weird that so many days and nothing is found so far.

no dead body found no concrete walls NOTHING found where has everything disappered? it seems a bit weird that so many days and nothing is found so far.

Not weird at all, but simply a measure of the destructive force unleashed.

Capture-3.png

in the circle, those are fuel tanks.

They were found on the other mountain face. And fuel was spilled on the mountain face. the distance is on the image.

Just shows the destructive force.

324 meters is the distance.

They were found on the other mountain face. And fuel was spilled on the mountain face. the distance is on the image.

It is highly likely that any recoveries that will be eventually made will not be an an intact form, given the destruction.

Capture-3.png

Jesus wept! This is carnage! This is really scary!

Hi,

Thank you---Gyari has taken---and it has taken them all----it was hungry for them for a long time---they were sitting right in front of its mouth for a long long time----. It let it pass by by---for as long as it could----.

The first lesson that I was told to remember when the first time I moved to live in the snow country in the usa----'snow and cold never ever forgive'---. Just one small mistake and you are a pop sickle----be ready--be prepared---be conscious in snow country 24/7.

I saw that very early from the plan & pictures that they were sitting on mouth of glacier, but i purposely didn't mentioned the flaw!
Now since you have mentioned! I can have only one explanation to my self that it could be the only possible position in the impossible terrain.

It is highly likely that any recoveries that will be eventually made will not be an an intact form, given the destruction.

Getting bodies in that huge area will be a really tough task. If found at all, some might be disfigured, some intact.

i just pray to God.

There are absolutely huge boulders there, as seen from the TV program with Talat Hussain. There is a huge 2 floor high boulder there. It has now reduced to compact, dense slushy ice and rocks. Very hard surface now.

I saw that very early from the plan & pictures that they were sitting on mouth of glacier, but i purposely didn't mentioned the flaw!
Now since you have mentioned! I can have only one explanation to my self that it could be the only possible position in the impossible terrain.

I spoke to some officers of the area, and according to them, there was a little protrusion from the mountain, and the belief was that if the glacier does indeed move a bit or something happens, the protrusion will block/deflect that moving mass, and the camp will be spared. Then the river was also there.

The whole mass of the glacier just moved unexpectedly. non-normal conditions were there in the days preceding the event, high temperature than before, lower temperature than before.

Getting bodies in that huge area will be a really tough task. .............

That difficult task is made more so by the relatively short time window of the weather. Carrying on the recovery through the winter will be next to impossible.

The whole mass of the glacier just moved unexpectedly. non-normal conditions were there in the days preceding the event, high temperature than before, lower temperature than before.

Funny part is it happened early in the morning... in dark.
Very unusual time for avalanche.
Most likely artificially triggered.....

how much exploives will be needed to move 2.5 million tons of ice and rubble with such a speed?

Do you think that avalanches occur only in office hours; like 9 to 5?

Things are bad enough in Giyari. Hare-brained theories will certainly not help any.
BTW, the expression "Avalanche" in the context of the tragedy there may be a misnomer. It was more of a land-slide in both nature and magnitude. Actually part of the mountain moved, and moved a few million tonnes. That is monstrously unimaginably huge.

WTC of newyork weighed 500,000 tons each...
The mass of Gayari Ice avalanche was more than 2.5 million+ tons.
Thats 5 WTC size buildings.....propelled at 200 + mph.
I am no mathematecian or Glaciologyst..but looking at the figures...it doesnt look like a man made tragedy.

Batman - not today yaar. No conspiracy theories. Avalanches dont have times where they specifically come apon us. Give it a rest - for the respect of the dead. Not needed. Have a break dude

Back
Top Bottom