What's new

Avalanche traps about 150 Pakistani soldiers

@ANTIBODY

wow wat a move man !!! u dont have the courage to stop an american spreading hopelessness around here but u immidiately deleted my post !!! its pk defence forum i guess ??

dissapointment !!! i thot its a forum for all and ppl can express thr sentiments but no i was wrong , mods here are quick to delete anti american posts :)

@Safriz ... bro i was calm and asked this VCheng to stop posting his idiotic logic again n again but he is alwys thr with new and worst comment !!! neways my bad with this note and STRONG DISSAPOINTMENT FROM ADMINISTRATION !! I quit this forum !! i know it dznt makes any difference but i dun feel like coming where ppl whr admins r baised !!!

My heartiest prayers for the struck brothers, May Allah S.W.T gives a happy news soon !!! ameen sum ameen !!

Ban me or Del my account from ACP pls !!!

Allah hafiz

Young sir,

Have you ever spent a night out in snow-----do you have any clue what 10-20-30 below freezing means----you and Farah---stop these silly non-sensical comical melodramatic posts.

I always say---people who are used to living in a cloth wrap aka 'dhoti / sari' have no clue what living in a snow country means and what happens when this snow and ice turns on you.

Praying is wasting 'band width' ----you should ask your LORD to give you something attainable---HE has already taken those away that HE wanted to----. There is no beating your head against the rocks now----so---start asking for something back to compensate for the loss.

Well , I think in realistic terms , its very hard to survive , with lack of oxygen not to mention severe cold
Now if they were trapped in a cave which had a source of oxygen we can argue , sure they may have used stored food etc

But reality is people were asleep , so they were sleeping fully clothed in hot clothes , and if Snow layer covered the base , it simply locked them in the barracks (supposing that that the barracks building was able to withstand the `weight`of the snow and rubble.

Also if lets assume that they were trapped , the oxygen in the barracks would run out rapidly with 130 people or so

At present one can only hope that perished , that the transition was fast and painless and quick.

But I think we should be still respectful , of what they represent guarding the borders in highest coldest peaks , and even if they perished , they will be remembered as brave soldiers

If they survived I hope they have oxygen/and proper clothes and food source.

Looking at the Amount of snow , its very difficult many people who have never been covered up by snow don't realize that when you get stuck in snow (Fresh Snow)

a) You can't move
b) You can't move your limbs
c) Snow melts and any openings are closed almost like a wall

If a miracle happens we can't deny it never happens but all mighty only knows what will happen

It would be good once we reach the location by digging and rest we will let it unfold

"When we constantly ask for miracles, we're unraveling the fabric of the world. A world of continuous miracles would not be a world, it would be a cartoon." - Doug Coupland

There will be no miracle in Gayari.

Hi,

Thank you---Gyari has taken---and it has taken them all----it was hungry for them for a long time---they were sitting right in front of its mouth for a long long time----. It let it pass by by---for as long as it could----.

The first lesson that I was told to remember when the first time I moved to live in the snow country in the usa----'snow and cold never ever forgive'---. Just one small mistake and you are a pop sickle----be ready--be prepared---be conscious in snow country 24/7.

Hi,

Thank you---Gyari has taken---and it has taken them all----it was hungry for them for a long time---they were sitting right in front of its mouth for a long long time----. It let it pass by by---for as long as it could----.

The first lesson that I was told to remember when the first time I moved to live in the snow country in the usa----'snow and cold never ever forgive'---. Just one small mistake and you are a pop sickle----be ready--be prepared---be conscious in snow country 24/7.

That is one thing, i have endured -33 winters.......but here, at Siachin, it is also the altitude....thousands of feet above normal level where these people lived!!!!

Did some one post this

Last edited by a moderator:
The image that was deleted was NOT offensive.

It merely showed how Pakistanis put all their faith in Allah, that is all.

Please note that I am NOT questioning the decision of the Mod, merely objecting to the word that has been used to describe it.

Could be a Mod of Indian background and might have not liked it :(

Good for you. I didn't ask you to challenge the Mod. itna bhi kiya darna?

No I don't. I only pay attention to current posts.

:: ISPR :: Inter Services Public Relations - PAKISTAN
No PR108/2012-ISPR Dated: May 3, 2012
Rawalpindi - May 3, 2012:

Chief of Army Staff, General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani visited Gayari, today, to see the progress of rescue efforts.

COAS was briefed about the progress of ongoing work including the efforts to create a water course to safely drain the lake formed by blocking of Gayari river by the avalanche. The satellite data link also became operational today, which will allow real time video monitoring of relief work from GHQ.

COAS remained with the troops for some time and lauded their motivation in face of tough conditions and extreme weather. He appreciated their resolve to upkeep Army’s proud tradition of not leaving a man behind, until humanly possible, regardless of cost.

COAS was also accompanied by Commander Rawalpindi Corps and a media team, invited to witness firsthand, the ongoing activities at disaster site.

apperantly they have installed a satellite link at the disaster site now..
eo GHQ is now connected to them 24/7

Back
Top Bottom