What's new

Avalanche traps about 150 Pakistani soldiers

Heartfelt condolences for the families of the bereaved. May god pull some miracles and save some of them.

High time India approach Pakistan to demilitarize Siachen. There would be no better time to approach this solution. As a CBM, we can lend support for the rescue and retrieval of the bodies. Hope MMS and AAZ touch upon this subject during his visit.

16204463.jpg

First images from the scene: Rescuers search for survivors

The more I think and read about this incident the more and more disgusted I feel with both india and pakistan .... is there no level of trust left.....

I have noticed that some of the youtube comments are from people who sympathize with Taliban or Taliban themselves and they are celebrating it. I have also noticed a very positive attitude from the Indians. Now can we at-least think about who is our enemy and who really is our friend! Point proved

Taliban & US are Pakistan's enemy for sure and can't be friend in any case, however if India resolve the disputes with us than we don't have any special enmity with them and there is lot to gain for both Pakistan & India together but unfortunately it's not possible at-least in next few decades.

Back to topic: What's update any good news?

Press Release
No PR66/2012-ISPR Dated: April 7, 2012
Rawalpindi - April 7, 2012:
As many as 135 persons including 124 army soldiers and 11 civilians (paid out of def estb) of 6 Northern Light Infantry Battalion came under a huge snow slide early this morning in Gayari sector near Skardu. Snow slide is covering an area of 1 sq kilometer. This battalion headquarter is situated at same place for last 20 years and no incident of this nature has happened.

However immediately after the incident Rescue efforts went in on. Sniffing dogs, helicopters and troops on ground are employed on rescue efforts .

Heavy Engineers machinery have been moved from Rawalpindi by air.

---------------------------------------------------

How did they manage to Airlift Heavy machinery to that height?...

Mi-17's were most probably used.

Hi,

If you read the american comments on yahoo / fox/ etc on this issue---it shows the true hatred that the american public has developed for pakistan----. Kiyani---you are pakistan's worst enemy.
Sir a while ago i was reading the result of a research that concluded that around 70% of americans became familiar with the word "Pakistan" through Media and Afghanistan. And secondly, hate comments are not confined to Pakistan, if you're anything other than a white, you will most probably face them.

Hi,

If you read the american comments on yahoo / fox/ etc on this issue---it shows the true hatred that the american public has developed for pakistan----. Kiyani---you are pakistan's worst enemy.

Maybe Kiyani is doing something right and that is why the American Public hates Pakistan. Why is it so important for Pakistan to be liked by American public? Is America God that Pakistan needs its blessing?

India and pakistan should make agreement to demiliterise siachin and spend all saving on poor people of both countries

Hi,

Sir plz do not generalize for american public after reading a few comments on yahoo ... i have a lot of western friends who will never rejoice on this incident

It is high time that India & Pakistan authorize each other's positions and pull back military. Its a waste of money.

Rawalpindi - April 7, 2012: For information regarding buried soldiers in snow slide in Gyari Sector, contact following helpline numbers:-
1. 05150932040,
2. 0515590212
3. 03215136525.
A helpline has also been established in Gilgit (Headquarter FCNA). Telephone numbers are:-
1. 05811920181
2. 05811920335.

:: ISPR :: Inter Services Public Relations - PAKISTAN

Back
Top Bottom