What's new

Australian sentenced to 500 lashes in Saudi Arabia for blasphemy

532738-mansor-almaribe.jpg

He is not being targeted for being a Shia-
He is being punished for insulting the Holy Prophets companions-

Thousands of Shia come to Makkah for pilgrimage-
This is a one off case-
Blame lies with only him-

Nothing wrong here. There country there laws, you got a problem, don't go.

The fact that he was on pilgrimage is even more disgusting.
punishment for Blashmy is ok if it just makes the person who commited blashmy to realize his mistake, but this punishment is to kill a man cold bloodedly

He is not being targeted for being a Shia-
He is being punished for insulting the Holy Prophets companions-

Thousands of Shia come to Makkah for pilgrimage-
This is a one off case-
Blame lies with only him-

I understand that, people were speculating that he might be a Shia, so I thought I would point it out.

Although the guy is diabetic and has a broken back. They should show some leniency towards him.

His son Isaam Almaribe, 21, said his father suffered from diabetes and had broken bones in his back and knees from a car accident.

"He couldn't survive 50 lashes, let alone 500 lashes," he said.

punishment for Blashmy is ok if it just makes the person who commited blashmy to realize his mistake, but this punishment is to kill a man cold bloodedly

Cm'on man read for once-
READ the Opening Post-

Their rules, their country.

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

Although sometimes, the Saudi rules can be really tough.

Would be interesting to know what is the sentence according to Shariat.

BTW, who hands down the sentence, a judge or a Muslim scholar.?

I understand that, people were speculating that he might be a Shia, so I thought I would point it out.

Although the guy is diabetic and has a broken back. They should show some leniency towards him.

With broken bones and diabetic condition- he took the risk- you know i know how the saudi laws are- and he a grown up man- he should have known better-

Like i said- blame lies only with him-

Although it is highly unlikely he will be shown some leniency-

Their rules, their country.

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

Although sometimes, the Saudi rules can be really tough.

Would be interesting to know what is the sentence according to Shariat.

BTW, who hands down the sentence, a judge or a Muslim scholar.?
rules are made to make a better man out of one, not to kill.
If its about doing time in the jail, i would have not come down harsh, but whipping a man 500 times is a punishment to kill the poor guy.

The holy books in Hindu do not advocate this practice of SATI, it was a costom in some sections of Hindus and is outdated based on the changes in time.
But look at you, we move a step forward to realize that God is in every man, women and child. but you are going backwards to punish cruelly a 45 year old man with back problems to be whiped 500 times.

Right now i am cursing the companions of the great saint to get this man into trouble.
Because I curse them, they are not going to loose their holiness, neither they care of what i or others say about them as they are dead, even alive they will not care as they are holi and mans comments does not afect them.

They are not holy even the prophet peace be upon him is not holy. nothing is holy in Islam except for God and God alone. We respect these men, These men would fight along side Muhammad Peace be upon him when no one else would they believed in him when everyone was out to kill him they died for him and this religion so that it would reach us. They went through hell by their families friends and were abandoned by everyone and lost everything just because they believed. Least we owe them is some respect.

With broken bones and diabetic condition- he took the risk- you know i know how the saudi laws are- and he a grown up man- he should have known better-

Yeah seems like a pretty dumb thing to do, that too on a pilgrimage:confused:

We understand he was heard to curse two companions of the prophet Mohammed and that was apparently witnessed by at least one person who then brought that charge against Mr Almaribe.

So am guessing Shias don't like these companions for some reason?

If its about doing time in the jail, i would have not come down harsh, but whipping a man 500 times is a punishment to kill the poor guy.

The lashes are not done with a whip like how you imagine I know the Pirates of the Carrabean dead man's chest flying Dutchman scene came to your head but it is not like that. Not at all.

Although it does sound cruel, but again, their country, their laws. He should have been knowing the laws of KSA.

Like when I was in Muscat, the first thing I was said was that NEVER say anything against the Sultan, there are Secret Service agents all over, Cabs, rooms, hotels, malls, they hear you, then you are history.

Yeah seems like a pretty dumb thing to do, that too on a pilgrimage:confused:

So am guessing Shias don't like these companions for some reason?

Shias believe that they stole the rule from Ali when in fact they were democratically elected by everyone to become rulers. Shias say no they kept him down and all just out of greed and power hungriness. I fail to see how a man who died owning nothing except the clothes on his back is greedy or power hungry but hey who am I to disagree with Khameni.

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

Although it does sound cruel, but again, their country, their laws. He should have been knowing the laws of KSA.

Like when I was in Muscat, the first thing I was said was that NEVER say anything against the Sultan, there are Secret Service agents all over, Cabs, rooms, hotels, malls, they hear you, then you are history.

Qaboos killed his father and took the rule from him so he is a bit paranoid :cheesy:

Back
Top Bottom