What's new

Australia says no plans to sell uranium to Pakistan

<.....>

I agree that the facts clearly indicate that the West has proliferated far more in reality than Pakistan is even alleged to have done.

And I have very clearly explained how Western 'sharing' and Pakitsani 'proliferation' are two different things that are not remotely similar.

Its not a question of 'how much', but just 'how'.

Perhaps you can continue just there (or here) to prevent repetion.

And I have very clearly explained how Western 'sharing' and Pakitsani 'proliferation' are two different things that are not remotely similar.

Its not a question of 'how much', but just 'how'.

Perhaps you can continue just there (or here) to prevent repetion.
My post above was in response to your 'explanation', I have yet to read your response to that.

Your attempt to differentiate between Western and alleged Pakistani proliferation is, as I said, convoluted and flawed.

In terms of the NSG Pakistan is under a 'blanket ban', and Pakistan is not under any obligation to not offer nuclear technology to other nations since it is not a signatory to any treaties prohibiting such.

When I say blanket ban,I mean all forms of trade and not just fissile material.You will have to work something like India if you want to get NSG's approval while still being a non-signatory to NPT.Thats far fetched.

Pakistan already has enough nukes for India. I'm sure the country can look into it's own resources for uranium if not Africa. Indians getting happy as usual because the white man said yes after making them dance around their feet.

The thread is not about Pakistan.

When we say we need nuclear fuel,our primary requirement is meant for the nuclear reactors to generate electricity.We have a huge,ever increasing demand for electricity,and we are investing heavily upon it.In fact,electricity sector is one of the most rapidly developing sector in India.We need a steady supply of high quality ores to ensure that our existing reactors run smoothly,apart from the several new ones under construction.
So far as the matter of joy is concerned,well,the reason is,if Australia agrees to sell us Uranium,then we will be able to conserve our own resources for time being.Take an analogy.US has one of the largest reserves of oil in the World,and still it is the largest importer of oil in the World.You know why?answer is simple,they want to conserve their own resources.

When I say blanket ban,I mean all forms of trade and not just fissile material.
It won't happen through the UN or any other international body, since Pakistan will have broken no international laws or agreements - it will at best come about through actions by individual states, and if they do, it will only incentivise Pakistan to trade in nuclear technology even more to offset the losses from trade.
You will have to work something like India if you want to get NSG's approval while still being a non-signatory to NPT.Thats far fetched.
We do not have to follow India's exact route - as I said, Pakistan can use nuclear trade, civilian use, in limited sectors where possible, to pressure the NSG into trying to regulate Pakistan's trade by making it an NSG member. Trying to negotiate with the Chinese to allow Pakistan to supply some parts of any potential Chinese reactor deal with other nations looking to set up NPP's would be another avenue to explore.

My post above was in response to your 'explanation', I have yet to read your response to that.

Your attempt to differentiate between Western and alleged Pakistani proliferation is, as I said, convoluted and flawed.

Huh, by 'there' I meant the other thread where I have replied to your 'rebuttal.

And how many Western and Asian nations were responsible for proliferating to Pakistani, Israeli and South African nuclear programs, which ended up with two nuclear powers, and one very, very close to being one before rolling back?

Compare that to the 'worst kind of proliferation' allegedly done by AQ Khan to Libya and Iran - AQ Khan does not even come close - it is quite clear that the 'worst kind of proliferation' has been done by Western and Asian nations already part of the NSG.

The West (including Australia for purposes of clarity) just loves to trumpet this canard about 'Pakistan is the worst proliferator' to excuse its own duplicity and double standards in allowing an NSG exemption to India, and not to Pakistan.

Then the best solution now is for Pakistan to join/sign the NSG!!!! Then Australia would have no choice would it.......

Pakistan should put pressure on Australia. Make it clear we will suspend all intel sharing and even threaten economic ties

If Australia is forced to make a decision between India and Pakistan, my guess is they will decided to remain neutral

a small country like UAE punished Canada a few years back with visa sanctions etc
Pakistan can do far more to stupid Australia

If Pakistan stays quiet, then it will encourage other countries to take sides. its in Pakistan Interest if other countries remain neutral and put principles before $$$

Uranium sale to India was a possibility, but Australia WILL NEVER sell to Pakistan.

Pakistan has a reputation as a rogue state when it comes to nuclear weapons. Pakistan has been one of the worst-behaved countries in terms of promulgating nuclear technologies beyond its borders.

There was a network run by the scientist AQ Khan that was responsible for some of the worst proliferation excesses that we've seen in the last decade or two

AQ Khan obviously didnt do a good job..Iran and Libya still dont have nukes

Morris Cohen on the other hand is a far bigger proliferator

There is no such thing as reputation in Foreign Affairs, just how america paints you

West is clearly trying to boost India.
Pakistan shouldve been more vocal in objecting to Indo-US deal,

Pakistan already has enough nukes for India. I'm sure the country can look into it's own resources for uranium if not Africa. Indians getting happy as usual because the white man said yes after making them dance around their feet.
The nuclear fuel what is being exported by Australia comes with a strict agreement that the fuel be used only of civilian energy needs and you are talking about producing nuclear weapons.I really find some of your post showning the level of understanding that you have about how government works as laughable.
You think Austraila planning to export uranium is for us to produce nuclear weapons, just don't ask the international community for what ever is offered to India be offered to Pakistan.
India earns what it is offered by good will, exhibit the same good will to the world and the world will be at your service.
Instead blackmailing the international community for not giving you what is provided to INdia will just make your country look more like a -ve power.
I or most Indians don't want Pakistan to be portrayed as a -ve power, but if you people persue the attitue of blackmailing that you'll sell your NPP to Iran, Turkey then you are inviting the international community to brand you as a -ve power.

Uranium sale to India was a possibility, but Australia WILL NEVER sell to Pakistan.

Pakistan has a reputation as a rogue state when it comes to nuclear weapons. Pakistan has been one of the worst-behaved countries in terms of promulgating nuclear technologies beyond its borders.

There was a network run by the scientist AQ Khan that was responsible for some of the worst proliferation excesses that we've seen in the last decade or two

If Australia does start selling Uranium to India despite India not being a NPT signatory then Australia will violate the NPT whereby nullifying the significance of it. Besides, violation of NPT by Australia & India would mean that Pakistan (or an individual Pakistani) never actually committed any violation at all as the former holds no substance. And for the love of God, please tell me why do we have these treaties in the first place if any country can violate them at will?

Pakistan should put pressure on Australia. Make it clear we will suspend all intel sharing and even threaten economic ties

If Australia is forced to make a decision between India and Pakistan, my guess is they will decided to remain neutral

a small country like UAE punished Canada a few years back with visa sanctions etc

If Pakistan stays quiet, then it will encourage other countries to take sides. its in Pakistan Interest if other countries remain neutral and put principles before $$$

Is this a joke?

Australia gives $100 Million aid to Pakistan every year. Go ahead sever the "economic" ties.

LOL...what you are saying Pak will punish Australia??.:rofl:
Man please go and check the economical data that how much money Australia is giving to Pak as an Aid and you are talking an economic sanction ...:hitwall:

Biggest Joke of the week..

If Australia does start selling Uranium to India despite India not being a NPT signatory then Australia will violate the NPT whereby nullifying the significance of it. Besides, violation of NPT by Australia & India would mean that Pakistan (or an individual Pakistani) never actually committed any violation at all as the former holds no substance. And for the love of God, please tell me why do we have these treaties in the first place if any country can violate them at will?

But the funny thing, my man, is with the unaimous exemption given to India by both IAEA and NSG , even exporting to India without NPT is still legal. :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom