What's new

Australia says no plans to sell uranium to Pakistan

Do you really think honestly Pakistan going to stop nuclear productions despite the fact Australia says no plans sell uranium to Pakistan likely in the future ?

Slowly, it will change and patiences.

Slowly what will change ? :undecided:

so why your ambassador is worried and talking about equality??

No, we didn't ask for uranium. A reporter ask the questions, Julia replied herself "Australia has no plans to consider selling uranium to Israel or Pakistan despite moving to open up uranium sales to India, Prime Minister Julia Gillard."

That's political discussion, nothing else. Sometimes politicals can be change. Again, Pakistan have own 35 trillions uranium, we need to start own resources ourselves.

If India is happy, so be it. End of story.

Uranium sale to India was a possibility, but Australia WILL NEVER sell to Pakistan.

Pakistan has a reputation as a rogue state when it comes to nuclear weapons. Pakistan has been one of the worst-behaved countries in terms of promulgating nuclear technologies beyond its borders.

There was a network run by the scientist AQ Khan that was responsible for some of the worst proliferation excesses that we've seen in the last decade or two
And how many Western and Asian nations were responsible for proliferating to Pakistani, Israeli and South African nuclear programs, which ended up with two nuclear powers, and one very, very close to being one before rolling back?

Compare that to the 'worst kind of proliferation' allegedly done by AQ Khan to Libya and Iran - AQ Khan does not even come close - it is quite clear that the 'worst kind of proliferation' has been done by Western and Asian nations already part of the NSG.

The West (including Australia for purposes of clarity) just loves to trumpet this canard about 'Pakistan is the worst proliferator' to excuse its own duplicity and double standards in allowing an NSG exemption to India, and not to Pakistan.

I really dont buy any of this. Who and why are the west dictating which sovn ccountry can have nukes and cant have nukes. It reeks of hypocracy. But then again their propaganda is so good that often we seem to be defending their allegation that pakistan is a rogue state. I think pakistan should ramp up its nuke production and sell them. Special offer buy one get one free. If israel can have them wwhen the use F16s against civilian populations let everyone have them all states have a right to defend themselves from aggressors.

I agree - if not complete NPP's, Pakistan should start advertising associated services and components (for civilian NPP's) for smaller nations looking to start acquiring Nuclear Power.

Usually, suppliers of civilian NPPs lock in provision of all ancillary services and components as part of the contract to install the NPP in the first place, so this idea may not fly at all realistically speaking. Any unauthorized usage would be a breach of contract.

Also, most of services needed require access to dedicated software systems, and most of the components require sophisticated and exacting metallurgy.

Usually, suppliers of civilian NPPs lock in provision of all ancillary services and components as part of the contract to install the NPP in the first place, so this idea may not fly at all realistically speaking. Any unauthorized usage would be a breach of contract.

Also, most of services needed require access to dedicated software systems, and most of the components require sophisticated and exacting metallurgy.
We'll have to approach it on a case by case basis then.

And the components Pakistan would be offering for export would be ones she is already manufacturing locally.

We'll have to approach it on a case by case basis then.

And the components Pakistan would be offering for export would be ones she is already manufacturing locally.

Being a member of the NSG would be quite essential for starters:

Home-Eng

I guess Pakistan don't even need low quality uranium from Australia. They can happily keep it for them or sell it to India we don't care about it.....:)

well 1st of all Pakistan has its own nuclear deposit we dont need mr Eisenstein =)) every one is jelss from Dr Abdul Qadir khan why cz he provided the best missile tech to pakistan even amrca , europe , whole world is afraid off cz see what Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam provided to india is ( FAILED MISSILE TEST BY INDIA - YouTube ) is this Dr Abdul qadir khan provided to pakistan ( India VS Pakistan Missile Technology - YouTube ) c for yr self

Being a member of the NSG would be quite essential for starters:

Home-Eng
Are nations not part of the NSG bound to only import from NSG nations once an NPP is functional?

I would argue it'll depend on the contract details - whether it binds them to the nation originally setting up the NPP or not for all associated maintenance, supplies, sub-systems etc.

Are nations not part of the NSG bound to only import from NSG nations once an NPP is functional?

I would argue it'll depend on the contract details - whether it binds them to the nation originally setting up the NPP or not for all associated maintenance, supplies, sub-systems etc.

You make a good point; I really do not know of a specific case where such a binding contract has not been the case, but you might.

No, it is utter ridiculous hypocrisy which shows all over the world to India.

Nothing will come as a free lunch..You gotta earn every penny..or in this every pound of yellow cake ;)

No amount of whining or crying or moral horse rides from you or your compatriots will change that simple fact.

The world does not consider India and Pakistan as equals anymore. Get used to it soon.

I strongly disagree with you, AQ Khan might have commited crime, but we can not accuse the entire Pakistani Establishment for one mans mis-deeds.

Machi...you should be fooling yourself if you think such a complex network of smuggling of hitech and high security technologies were illegally smuggled by just one man fooling the ever-paranoid Pakistani Establishment.

In PAst australia Abuse Indian students..
Now this is the gift of abusement and it will continue..
I think Indian student should be ready to abuse more because they will get more Uranium due to that.

Back
Top Bottom