What's new

Australia not to supply uranium to India

guys I think we just forgot Namibia.If I am not wrong a deal has been signed between Namibia and India where India will help namibia to develop its nuclear energy industry and namibia will allow uranium sales to India.
Namibia is one of the largest producer of uranium.

Yes of course not, supplies should not present a problem but expect to pay a lot more than NPT signatories since 40% of the available supplies are at present off limits. IMO the Indian government should be more concerned about the repercussions of the Australian stance, they are questioning the legitimacy of the India-US nuclear deal.

dude nobody cares you know why nothing gonna change or any thing gonna happen . it will be one of those many satement and it will be read and forgotton so chill out

fest37.gif

My friend , Uranium is found everywhere. the aricle said out of the 1000 possible sites 9 looks promising. dont jump into conclusions seeing the header. next time read it carefully. :cheesy::cheesy:

India has 60,000 tonnes of proven uranium reserve which is more than enough for 50 years of use.

:lol::lol: this explains your post best..

If ur claim is true than why so many canda, russia, blah blah deals..
so contradictory statements.:crazy:

BREAKING NEWS

Australia mulls waiver to sell uranium to India

BS Reporter / Kolkata April 24, 2010, 0:58 IST

With India making an entry into the global nuclear technology market on the back of the Indo-US civilian nuclear agreement, the Australian government may now look at modifying its domestic rules to enable uranium export to India.

This comes subsequent to Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG), a 46-member organisation of which Australia is a part, granting a waiver to India in September 2008 thereby, allowing access to civilian nuclear technology and fuel from other nations. Effectively, this waiver has made India the only country with nuclear weapons to partake in nuclear commerce without being a signatory to the Non Proliferation Treaty (NPT). However, exports from Australia are outside the purview of this.

With 40 per cent of the world’s proven uranium reserves, the state of South Australia (SA) was keen on exploring opportunities to commercially exploit the resources, South Australia’s Department of trade & economic development director (investments), Damian Papps said here today.
To that end, the government was considering amending the current regulations enabling uranium to be exporting to India.

This is because even if domestic firms invest in uranium exploration and mining there, they cannot bring this back to India as per existing rules. Papps explained that Australia was attempting to partner with firms from country’s such as the United States, China, Canada, Germany as well as India to share the cost of infrastructure projects required to support mining augmentation in the country.

At present, India’s Reliance Industries has a presence in Australia's uranium mining sector through Uranium Exploration Australia (UXA) with which it inked an agreement in 2007 for exploration across eight tenements, including four near the Olympic Dam mine in northern SA.

http://www.business-standard.com/india/news/australia-mulls-waiver-to-sell-uranium-to-india/392851/

Last edited:
:lol::lol: this explains your post best..

If ur claim is true than why so many canda, russia, blah blah deals..
so contradictory statements.:crazy:

read the article given , it clearly says in pure english that any additional supplies are welcome.. hey wait.. can u read??? :what::what:

BREAKING NEWS

BS Reporter / Kolkata April 24, 2010, 0:58 IST

With India making an entry into the global nuclear technology market on the back of the Indo-US civilian nuclear agreement, the Australian government may now look at modifying its domestic rules to enable uranium export to India.

This comes subsequent to Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG), a 46-member organisation of which Australia is a part, granting a waiver to India in September 2008 thereby, allowing access to civilian nuclear technology and fuel from other nations. Effectively, this waiver has made India the only country with nuclear weapons to partake in nuclear commerce without being a signatory to the Non Proliferation Treaty (NPT). However, exports from Australia are outside the purview of this.

With 40 per cent of the world’s proven uranium reserves, the state of South Australia (SA) was keen on exploring opportunities to commercially exploit the resources, South Australia’s Department of trade & economic development director (investments), Damian Papps said here today.
To that end, the government was considering amending the current regulations enabling uranium to be exporting to India.

This is because even if domestic firms invest in uranium exploration and mining there, they cannot bring this back to India as per existing rules. Papps explained that Australia was attempting to partner with firms from country’s such as the United States, China, Canada, Germany as well as India to share the cost of infrastructure projects required to support mining augmentation in the country.

At present, India’s Reliance Industries has a presence in Australia's uranium mining sector through Uranium Exploration Australia (UXA) with which it inked an agreement in 2007 for exploration across eight tenements, including four near the Olympic Dam mine in northern SA.

Kudos bro, This is called rising power India. Other countries has to manipulate their policies to accommodate us rather than us manipulating our constitution for accommodating them.:tup:

Take that on your face!!

Kudos bro, This is called rising power India. Other countries has to manipulate their policies to accommodate us rather than us manipulating our constitution for accommodating them.:tup:

Take that on your face!!
Indeed very true. WAQAS learn something here. Don't be a hard headed child.

OMG -AHHH and you are questioning the decision of your own country - I see ur pissed with Indians cos they have been posting counter arguments (not just in this one but many other threads) - sorry but we are naturally VVV SMART - I MEAN WE GOT A CIVIL NUCLEAR DEAL BACKED BY YOUR SUPER POWER GOVT. - GOT RUSSIA TO BACK US STILL - GOT FRANCE AND THE ABOVE TWO TO SUPPLY THE URANIUM - I MEAN ARE WE SMART OR ARE WE SMART?

HMMMM.......food for thought there!

I understand - Our smartness can get the better of many people!

But don't worry we are with YOUR COUNTRY - UNLESS YOU WANT TO BACK OUR FOES - WE WILL GLADLY AND EASILY PUSH YOUR COUNTRY ASIDE WHEN IT COMES TO THE BEST OF DEFENCE DEALS - AND TRUST WITH YOUR ECONOMY EVERY SINGLE DOLLAR GOING TO THE STREETS OF BUFFALO, DETROIT, ETC WILL MEAN A LOT TO YOUR GOVT!

:cheers::cheers:

wow! I mean wow! I'm dazzled by your smartness. :wave:

As for the India- US nuclear deal, I think it sets a poor precedence and legitimizes nuclear apartheid. I believe nuclear energy should benefit all mankind and not just a chosen few. As for Indians countering my arguments, yes there are a few skilled debaters here the rest wouldn't know a counter argument if it jumped up and bit them on the a$s.

I suspect I ended up on the Indian $hit list because of the things I said about the Brahmos. I reiterate, it isn't a criticism of Indian capability but an attempt to challenge the efficacy of supersonic cruise missiles in general.

Aus and its people have a real itch for india and its people now forget even thinking about a deal like this lolz.

wow! I mean wow! I'm dazzled by your smartness. :wave:

As for the India- US nuclear deal, I think it sets a poor precedence and legitimizes nuclear apartheid. I believe nuclear energy should benefit all mankind and not just a chosen few. As for Indians countering my arguments, yes there are a few skilled debaters here the rest wouldn't know a counter argument if it jumped up and bit them on the a$s.

I suspect I ended up on the Indian $hit list because of the things I said about the Brahmos. I reiterate, it isn't a criticism of Indian capability but an attempt to challenge the efficacy of supersonic cruise missiles in general.

No need to explain...and no you are not on $hit list(i am not even aware if there is such a list :D)...Anyways as far as bolded part is concerned then you are right Nuclear energy should be for mankind...However do you think NPT is nothing but deroagatory is every aspect??? How come P5(are recognized nuclear power) all allowed to keep nukes and rest will have to face sanctions and what not???

China has nukes so there is no way India could have signed NPT-CTBT...India have nukes so there is no way Pakistan can sign NPT-CTBT....Israel can never be a party to it becuase of their concerns ....NPT will not recognize anybody as nuclear states so there is a stalemate...From that perspective i belive India-US deal is a game changer...India has very good proliferation record which make it easier...and countries who are non-signatory to these deals can be brought into some sort of check with such deals...

If we look from a bigger picture than not sure if Indo-Us deal legitimizes nuclear apartheid but the treaty surely do...

Aus and its people have a real itch for india and its people now forget even thinking about a deal like this lolz.

I am sure they have special love for Pakistanis so why don't you guys inch a deal...b/w does trolling makes your day better than usual???

Do you guys know that India also produces about 250 tonnes of uranium per year.At present India need only 478 tonnes of uranium per year to produce 4500 mega watt of electricity..

Even India's ambition to produce 20000 mega watt of electricity by 2020 only require about 2000 tonnes of uranium..

The denial of Australia to supply uranium to India will not effect it,as India has secured supply of uranium from more than 4 countries:chilli::chilli:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom