What's new

Attacks on Hinduism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awesome

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
For all intents and purposes we're a secular forum - we patronage nor oppose any religion as the official policy of the forum and everyone is equal here regardless of "religion, caste or creed" (Jinnah). However abuse of a religion be it any religion is strictly forbidden. We don't allow anyone to proselytize a religion, we won't allow anyone to mock it either.

What some members are doing is bigotry and can/should end you in jail. There is no valid reason to discuss anyone's religion or make any remark about their personal beliefs. We've seen people from India get a battering about them being Hindu. That is no argument - stick to facts, figures, politics and issues.

Side note: For Pakistani members, you'd do well to remember there are by some estimates around 10 million Hindus in Pakistan now. You're doing a great disservice to your nation as well by sidelining them in this way.

This level of discussion makes you look like a crazy illiterate, bigoted person. Please don't just vent out, next time, think and craft out your statements better.

Once again, anybody's personal beliefs are nobody's business.

Last edited:
For all intents and purposes we're a secular forum - we patronage nor favor any religion as the official policy of the forum and everyone is equal here regardless of "religion, caste or creed" (Jinnah). However abuse of a religion be it any religion is strictly forbidden. We don't allow anyone to proselytize a religion, we won't allow anyone to mock it either.

What some members are doing is bigotry and can/should end you in jail. There is no valid reason to discuss anyone's religion or make any remark about their personal beliefs. We've seen people from India get a battering about them being Hindu. That is no argument - stick to facts, figures, politics and issues.

Side note: For Pakistani members, you'd do well to remember there are by some estimates around 10 million Hindus in Pakistan now. You're doing a great disservice to your nation as well by sidelining them in this way.

This level of discussion makes you look like a crazy illiterate, bigoted person. Please don't just vent out, next time, think and craft out your statements better.

Once again...:pdf::cheers:

For all intents and purposes we're a secular forum - we patronage nor oppose any religion as the official policy of the forum and everyone is equal here regardless of "religion, caste or creed" (Jinnah). However abuse of a religion be it any religion is strictly forbidden. We don't allow anyone to proselytize a religion, we won't allow anyone to mock it either.

Well said Asim!:tup:

I would also appeal to PDF members to STRICTLY adhere to this advice.

Thankyou All.

I didn even imagine once I d be thanking Asim given the diverging views on almost everything

But hey for this one...:tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup:

Completely agree with you Asim. I have often seen this on pdf. Some forum members like to curse Indians by calling them Hindus without thinking for once that we have Pakistani Hindus as well. What if by chance they read that? What will they think of us? that we are no different from those people who wrote Kafir on Ramchand's coffin.
Anyway, thanks for bringing up this issue.:tup:

Very aptly put, religion is a personnel matter and a very serious one for some. That is why it should not be included unnecessarily in discussions and that too for insulting others.

Show respect to all and remain dignified in your conversations or arguments.

well said Asim, I have raised my voice for a number of times when members start calling Indians as Hindu's. Please do remember we have millions of hindus in Pakistan as well and we are happily living with them. Just try not to alienate one nation from the whole community. Either prove them wrong with facts and figures or stop ranting unnecessarily

Same applies for Indians when they start ranting about Pakistan calling them terrorists and a tyrant country

Agreed with u Asim but this 10 million figure doesnt sound realistic.

Asim did a good work,,,
But i think my fellow Pakistanis calling Hindus in a geographical perspective..
We Pakistanis are Hindus too as we are living in Indian sub-continent..
Hindu=people living in Indian sub-continent can be called Hindus..
Indian sub-continent is further divided in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh..
Similar to the Arabs of Jordan, U.A.E, Oman e.t.c are called Arabs..

Asim did a good work,,,

Bro you are right. And as for Arabs, the Prophet (SAW) said himself that from this day onwards, anyone who speaks Arabic is an Arab. Just wanted to say that.

Asim did a good work,,,

calling anybody hindu is not a problem. Attacking and stereotyping hindu community is what we are talking about

The word hindu is given by persians for those living beyond the river indus in sind they got the name wrong so sind became hind thats where the modern word hindu comes from but it is a alien word not from our dharma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom