What's new

Attack on PAF Base Minhas

Status
Not open for further replies.
O bhai, these are Pakistani bases, not some other cash laden country.

Debris of false ceiling hints that, terrorist was inside the office building.
Could be.... he shot at base commander.

Debris of false ceiling hints that, terrorist was inside the office building.
Could be.... he shot at base commander.

But they were kept outside the base, near the boundary wall weren't they?, as per some, who said that they never got too far into the base. (notice the false ceiling, definitely not a outpost)

I think the picture is in black and white where the body is, to hide the blood.

But they were kept outside the base, near the boundary wall weren't they?, as per some, who said that they never got too far into the base. (notice the false ceiling, definitely not a outpost)

I think the picture is in black and white where the body is, to hide the blood.

From the naked wires it's obvious, it's some temporary hut or something, could even be sentry post, besides the picture is very much in colour, the yellow explosive on his chest and the green bottle on the ground.

From the naked wires it's obvious, it's some temporary hut or something, could even be sentry post, besides the picture is very much in colour, the yellow explosive on his chest and the green bottle on the ground.

No.. the temporary huts are not furnished with false ceilings and fancy lighting fixtures.
Hanging wires could be result of false wall coming off as a result of fire.

As you pointed the explosive strap, he most likely went to the building to explode him self, but looks like he failed... for some miraculous reason.

our discussion needs to stitch to finding out
what actually is the security detail

number of checkposts and observation posts
number of manned posts and sentries
number of electronic surveillance equipment like CCTV
presence of any airborne observation and combat unit

its a false economy to try to save few hundred thousands and end up risking tens of millions in the process.
it is understandable that PAF wont be forthcoming in listing down the exact security details and procedures in place but the recent attack is a give away of what might have been in place.

our discussion needs to stitch to finding out
what actually is the security detail

number of checkposts and observation posts
number of manned posts and sentries
number of electronic surveillance equipment like CCTV
presence of any airborne observation and combat unit

its a false economy to try to save few hundred thousands and end up risking tens of millions in the process.
it is understandable that PAF wont be forthcoming in listing down the exact security details and procedures in place but the recent attack is a give away of what might have been in place.

No.. the temporary huts are not furnished with false ceilings and fancy lighting fixtures.
Hanging wires could be result of false wall coming off as a result of fire.

As you pointed the explosive strap, he most likely went to the building to explode him self, but looks like he failed... for some miraculous reason.

I was pointing to the wires going through a hole on the left side of the entrance, the cement door frame also points to that it's not an inside structure. From other pictures, it's obvious others also had explosives strapped to their bodies.

one thing is new here dear

this picture and white powder on it . they used phosphors grenades on them ?

Apparently, proved very effective and most likely the reason why they all failed to explode them selves.

I wonder what the source of images and which media leaked them first!

I also failed to understand, how come security check posts allowed a group of 9 strapped with explosives and loaded with ammunition.... only, if they ever came across one!

I was pointing to the wires going through a hole on the left side of the entrance, the cement door frame also points to that it's not an inside structure. From other pictures, it's obvious others also had explosives strapped to their bodies.

Windjamer, i was replying exactly to the same.

It was a concrete wall and ought to have a false wall of gypsum/wood etc.
I guess the naked concrete is a result of false wall falling down, hence taking with it the electrical receptacle fixture.
I seriously doubt that check posts design include, the fixture lying all over the place and I strongly believe it was some sort of permanent building, could be still under construction!!!!

IMG_0027.jpg

Check out these temporary huts in the back ground in Kamra, probably erected to keep some building material, such huts are also present on the parameter of the base and he probably tried to hide in one of them. If it was anywhere sensitive, the security forces wouldn't have used any such weapons.

Windjammer is right. This guy was killed in one of those huts near the runway. And as far as I know, he was killed by a grenade attack from SSW commandos.

chief human element is priceless. the electronics and computers have not reached the level of human inference and perception. yet. in the end it has to be a a mixed bag. we have all the sensors and gizmos at airport but its the old fashioned human frisking and strip search that does the job where sensors sometimes fail. I advocate a perfect mix of man and machinery.

Not to mention the weakest link in any surveillance system is still the human watching the electronic equipment. Unless we enable the electronic devices to use automatic lethal response, the decision and alertness still depends on the humans monitoring the equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom