What's new

Attack on PAF Base Minhas

Status
Not open for further replies.
A total bloody shambles by the so-called Pakistanis on this forum. I refuse to play your game, it's almost like you losers are sad that the takfiri scum was sent to hell.

Mastan Sahib,
It's not about who you are, where you are and what you study. It's a simple matter of common sense and humanity; you see people in trouble, you try to help them out irrespective of what the SOP's are. The base commander in question, has earned my respect, he is a true hero of the nation and will be praised. With that said, it's Eid in USA, so Eid Muabarak!

Hi,

Thank you for giving me another oppurtunity----it is also a part of strategic game plan by the enemy to flush you out---create a scenario where innocent are hurt---they need help---your security detail goes out to help them---you are left exposed---you are done.

You are are giving security---you have your hand on the gun hidden under your jacket---an older person stumbles and is falling in front of you---you move your hand away from the gun to help assist---your humanity just killed the one you were protecting---.

There is nothing personal or of disrespect in my post against you or the others---I just want to kids to look and think out of the box.

This part I agree with, but since you are aware of the Pakistani mindset.. you should know that we are incapable of showing initiative on our own unless egged on by a senior or otherwise. The Base commander did exactly that..should he have done better in his training(or rather the air force).. in showing initiative.. ?
YEs.. but you and all others are also familiar with the mindset prevalent in the Pakistani military of not rocking the boat and not questioning authority..
When no officer claps in a ceremony till the Air Chief does so, what makes you think the very officers will display initiative in a firefight. The whole system of training is pathetic throughout Pakistan's Military.

As an example I am posting a quote from ACdre Kaiser Tufails blog on his observations as Base Commander Jacobabad during the US presence there.

So what the Base commander did, within the confines of the system he has been trained in and operates in .. is commendable.
What he did with respect to the overall picture of dealing with terrorism is not. But blaming the base commander is like catching small fry and castrating it for no reason when the whole sea is filled with sick fish.

Hi,

Thank you---'jacobabad diaries' must be a must read for every pakistani in high school and college and university----.

I don't find any gentleman here who is an expert in physical security or integrated security management system employed for such kind of large facilities. Most of the suggestions I have seen here are not professionally inclined in many ways.

Hi,

You are so correct in your judgement----the thing is---that what is coming out---if there was common sense security deployed---the terrorists would not have had the oppurtunity---two three men security teams in multiple teams making rounds on bicycles---dog patrols---watch towers with a minimum of two personales---was all that was supposedly needed----.

But my question is ---where are the millitary dogs----or does pak millitary don't have dogs any more---.

Hi,

You are so correct in your judgement----the thing is---that what is coming out---if there was common sense security deployed---the terrorists would not have had the oppurtunity---two three men security teams in multiple teams making rounds on bicycles---dog patrols---watch towers with a minimum of two personales---was all that was supposedly needed----.

But my question is ---where are the millitary dogs----or does pak millitary don't have dogs any more---.

Dogs, touching dogs is not considered a very good thing by muslims right?

Being in law enforcement here I have served under some gutless supervisors who in hairy situations ran like chickens. We felt like slapping them next time they had the nerve to share their war stories with us.
This man, the base commander has my utmost respect. Not many leaders could what he did. And of course all the props to Shaheed Asif. God bless his soul.

Anyway, Eid Mubarak sir Mastan Khan and my fellow Pakistani brothers.
Regards- Zulfiqar

It's dirt cheap mate. The only thing it requires is coding and planning an impregnable system. I can even recommend certain Turkish companies that can do the job and secure 20SqKm area under USD5Million. Do you think that it is an excessive amount securing a compound with a billion dollar + worth of equipment? No it's not!

You're studying accounting, when you progress to finance and financial planning, you'll come across a very interesting concept called "cost of business"

So the cost of defending an airbase. What is it?

'Cost of Business' - Are you talking about the Weighted Average Cost of Capital which in turn has the Cost of Equity and the Cost of Debt Financing as its elements or are you talking about the opportunity cost of something or are you talking about something completely different and I'm making a fool of myself here ! :oops:

Khair, Khan Sahib, I know that we can debate all that we want about what should or shouldn't be done but I think that we often loose sight of the fact that those guys who are charged with governance (in the Armed Forces !) aren't dodos and they do know what challenges they face ? What needs to be done ? And what could be done, in terms of the available finances and relations ? So if they haven't done it...I'm sure its because they've gone through those stages or that checklist and found it either 'unneeded' or 'unattainable' to do so !

Intelligent Video Analytics

This is a highly specialized software component that forms the heart of a modern video surveillance network. The incoming video data from cameras are processed in real time to detect any unusual objects, unusual movements or anomalies in camera images. This software is also capable of matching objects detected on camera with records in suspicious object database to identify weapons etc.

Other forms of Security & Surveillance Systems

Aerial Surveillance

Surveillance done with a bird’s eye view is the most effective form since it offers a complete picture of the activity area & its surroundings. Aerial Surveillance is such a solution that will offer a complete view of the designated location precisely thereby helping the authorities to take decisions that are more effective & informed.

Our offering includes a wide variety of aerial surveillance solutions that can add value to security & surveillance measures

Typical deployments of Aerial Surveillance include:

Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
Camera mounted Balloons

Perimeter Intruder Detection & Protection Systems

These are expert solutions that are designed to detect intrusions at boundaries and perimeters of installations that need to be secured.

This solution utilizes a specialized array of active or passive (PIR) infrared sensors & motion sensors to detect intrusion accurately. The electrical fencing systems can be clubbed with this to offer higher level of security by making it more difficult for the intruder from entering the premises. Installation of day-night cameras along the perimeter can add further value by enabling visual monitoring of activities around the perimeter.

Perimeter protection systems essentially are outdoor deployments. Hence they are subject to vagaries of weather. They need to be robust in construction and must be designed to avoid false and nuisance alarms on account of extraneous factors not related to actual threats. Several types of sensors are employed which can either be visible or lend itself to covert installations. The vulnerability of these sensors to damage due to manhandling or vandalism also need to be taken into account.

Perimeter security sensors are available with two distinctive operational attributes, Line-of-sight (LOS) or Volumetric. Volumetric sensors are usually terrain following in nature and are extremely difficult to defeat. Some typical examples are Megnetometric, Ported Cable and Bistatic Microwave sensors.

Perimeter surveillance technologies normally use:

Buried Cables
Seismic Transducers
Active or Passive Infra-red
Taut Wire
Electric Fencing
Bistatic Microwave
Ported Coaxial Cable or Fiber Optic Cable
Video Motion Detectors
HCL Security: Surveillance Solutions

I find it funny how India can blame us for "mass exodus" happening 2000 Kms away from our geographic border but we can't blame India for a terrorist attack , oh i remember we are so ******* nice !

I find it funny how India can blame us for "mass exodus" happening 2000 Kms away from our geographic border but we can't blame India for a terrorist attack , oh i remember we are so ******* nice !

If I may ask, true or not, Pakistan reject it without any investigation.. If India blames as if Pakistan accepts..

You should delete your post, you are off-topic and give yourself an infraction :P

Actually you can blame India or Afghan agencies. Even I dont believe these terrorists could organize such a planned mission and all for what ? Taking out an AWACS ? Yeah it will be a huge moral booster for them, but the real tangible gains for taking out an AWACS lies only to one party. But I would not be apologetic about that. Military targets,facilities are fair game in the cat-mouse ops between two countries.

Actually your blame started in your media channel when Kamra got attacked, the role of Pakistan in exodus started with today's news. So actually you set the ball in motion....If you can blame India behind Kamra, why can't we blame you after that.

I don't deny possible Indian hand in this attack, but be reasonable when a doubt against you is raised buddy.

This has been done in past too....Our politicians always put blame on external forces to hide their incompetence to provide security and other failures.

Better understand that the fault is also in the system too. As well as external threats are also real.

Actually your blame started in your media channel when Kamra got attacked, the role of Pakistan in exodus started with today's news. So actually you set the ball in motion....If you can blame India behind Kamra, why can't we blame you after that.

I don't deny possible Indian hand in this attack, but be reasonable when a doubt against you is raised buddy.

This has been done in past too....Our politicians always put blame on external forces to hide their incompetence to provide security and other failures.

Better understand that the fault is also in the system too. As well as external threats are also real.

Please make a distinction about media [owned by idiots in both countries] and politicians who are elected representatives of the people.

Firstly i am yet to see Pakistani media pointing an explicit finger at India not "hinting". On the other hand blame on Pakistan came from your home secretary who is an elected representative and what he says becomes official. Pakistani media is not a public representative and i am yet to see a single blame directly laid on India.

Mercifully they didn't blame us for the tricky carburettor that punched their air out. :lol:

Hi windhammer,

I don't think you can compare a burglar in a home with a terrorsit attack at the base. At home the owner himself is responsible for the security and even then if the burglars are armed and he runs to meet them unarmed would be pure stupidity and it would be wise to wait for the police to arrive, if the burglars take ou or anyone of your family member hostage, the situation would be worst than before.

In case of attack on the base, base commander running around unarmed does not make any sense, what possibly could he have achieved by being in the vicinity of firefight? tell the SSG team where to shoot? are they not capable to do it rhemselves?

What if while he was running around on one front, a seconfd or third terorist team team attacks from other directions on other targets? who would take charge of the control room, take the full picture in and devise strategy to tackle that? I think it enough to say that what he did was courageous, but a big big blunder, simply put a bse commander is not suppoosed to engage in fire fights when he has a security set up on his disposal to do the same.

Walikum Hi Mastan Khan,

Sir, I am somewhat dismayed by your assumptions, calculations and conclusions. Albeit, other gentleman have answered your dilemma amicably, let me ask you bluntly, if a burglar was trying to break into your house in the wee hours, would you stand around until the police arrives, hope some neighbour will notice and come for your help or simply confront the culprit even if it means launching an attack with your walking stick. !!!
You are making it sound as if there were no pilots available hence the base commander had to fly the mission.
This was only a natural reaction from a man in charge of his establishment. Is there anything to suggest what the base commander was doing at that time on that special night, sleeping, praying, preparing for his fast. ???
All salutes to him for leading from the front and setting an example. Let's not assume what could have happened since most of us are not in a position to even imagine what procedures were in place and what actions were executed, however all in all it seems the operation was regular as clockwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom