What's new

Attack on CTD center in Bannu Cantonment

I frequent Kharian Cantt main checkpost, the biggest one. Not sure how that compares to others but Kharian is the 2nd largest cantonment, I think.
Reports of 35 Ts. That's a lot for that checkpost. iirc, TTP even used to attack in hundreds when the operations were going on. So, you can't be prepared for every eventuality and I am not an expert by any means but, 35 Ts sound like a lot.

On the other hand, this guy saying it happened when Ts getting interrogated by CTD managed to overpower and disarm the interrogators and freed other Ts from lock up. So, no frontal assault.

It is an embarrassment no matter how you take it

Whether attack came from outside or inside. It is pathetic to say the least

Incidence took place from inside police station...no outside attack.

Prisoners managed to over whelm guards and free others

Yes,, it was probably poor local police practices, if there were 35 TTP captured then there should have been more staff there

2 - I pointed out the lack of intel sharing between intelligence agencies (mind you these are not all under army command)
Wasn't blaming the army. and I didn't disagree with the rest of your post.

3 - Lastly, what i am saying is that attack was planned outside Pakistan, the terrorists probably are from Afghanistan which is area of operation of ISI and they failed to foil this plan.

I am not sure what is so hard to understand from my earlier comment.
Not commenting on that either. BTW, reports suggest Ts already under CTD custody inside the cantt managed to overpower and disarm the interrogators so in that case, no blame goes to ISI, army. Which bring me to the point of contention.

1 - I accepted that CTD is under provincial govt
You validated this red herring used by brain dead zombies to imply that the political party ruling KPK s responsible for the tactical fkcups of the various security agencies. For example, if the reports of Ts overpowering and disarming CTD personnel while under custody are true, do you expect Imran khan to teleport there, disarm the Ts and save the day, bcoz that's what that guy was expecting apparently. If you recall, this argument was used by months before when people in KPK were protesting against a resurgence in militancy, to deflect blame and comfortably bury head in sand. (again, not saying ISPR was feeding that line, just that, that is the IQ level of zombies)

Do you praise the federal govt for the bravery of PA? So, why criticise the provincial govt for the deficiencies of the LEAs, then?
Unfortunately, the flaws are institutionalized. A govt can be blamed for not introducing wholesale reforms and capacity building of Law enforcement, which is still not too fair as no single govt can claim this feat, although it's their job to do so, as opposed making sure tactical mishaps are miraculously prevented.

It is an embarrassment no matter how you take it

Whether attack came from outside or inside. It is pathetic to say the least
That we agree on. Let's pray that this ends well. By well, I mean with a Jackson pollock of terrorists' brain matter on walls and floors

Facepalm to Pakistan and a bigger to Army/CTA/ISI etc. why:
1) When people were warning TTP presence in KPK, they were busy with political engineering.
"a stitch in time, saves nine"
2) 2nd time it is happening (DIK attack in 2013).

Let's pray we have no casualties and let them escape for now.
you missed out cursing the taliban loving PTI that has been in power for 2 consecutive terms.
the condemnable role of Gen Bajwa is agreed unanimously to be main cause for TTP resurgence but KPK has been under PTI and it has never ever bothered addressing it other than ranting.
KPK govt has police to counter these terrorists . the terrorists are not using tanks and helicopters. but PTI 's hive mind has not helped to stop the attacks on polio workers nor the attacks on police and FC ever stopped.

PTI must not seek votes and power again if all ots going to do is rant and accuse army.

I frequent Kharian Cantt main checkpost, the biggest one. Not sure how that compares to others but Kharian is the 2nd largest cantonment, I think.
Reports of 35 Ts. That's a lot for that checkpost. iirc, TTP even used to attack in hundreds when the operations were going on. So, you can't be prepared for every eventuality and I am not an expert by any means but, 35 Ts sound like a lot.

Although this would raise MANY questions on it's own, such as the lack of handcuffs and other techniques to keep a prisoner at bay, this is contrary to what the alleged hostage taker says in the video.

They say in the video that they had a dream that tomorrow they have to attack and kidnap the security officials, so today they did.

This could also be considered as a dream coming to one of the prisoners and then they acting on it, remains to be seen.

Secondly, in the alleged video, one of the hostage takers is seen holding an AR-15 type weapon. None of the Pakistani civilian forces AFAIK have those weapons, and within the army too it's only the SSG. So highly unlikely they sourced this weapon from within the CTD center.

I understand this is a police station nothing to do with the army.

It is within the Cantt.

And in situations such as these, especially in KP and Balochistan, any such attack on local police or admin infrastructure does attract a military response, just the nature of these areas.

Last edited:
Incidence took place from inside police station...no outside attack.

Prisoners managed to over whelm guards and free others
Let me guess, it's Imran khan's fault as he was busy stealing watches nad didn't train the guards well enough?
And he also hasn't teleported to Bannu cantt and rescued the hostages by shooting fireballs from his eyes and lightning bolts from his arse?

1671374246232.jpeg

So far, seven CTD guys martyred. SSG has reached.....
hostages or rescuers?

the interrogators and demanded the other’s weapon, after which they held both hostage. They have been able to free the other extremely dangerous terrorists in the installation and have hold themselves up with the terrorists inside the interrogation cell of the CTD compound with multiple hostages.

Currently, Army and Security Forces officials are negotiating with the terrorists, who have demanded a helicopter to take them back to Afghanistan.

for Arshad Sharif
"agar ISI chahay to koi mulk sa bahir ja sakta ha? ma yeh sawal aap pa chorta hun"
TTP: Hold my naswar
P.S. why there is always a rise in the terror wave when a new chief comes in? is there a window of some sort that these people take advantage of?

It’s just a Game

They think of themselves as the smartest.

Are they wrong though ?

Joker nation. Is anyone going to resign because of this?

Doesn't it seem like ISI has a bigger political wing vs. Intelligence wing?

This has nothing to do with the army or ISI but poor practices at the local CDT police station

Do you praise the federal govt for the bravery of PA? So, why criticise the provincial govt for the deficiencies of the LEAs, then?
Unfortunately, the flaws are institutionalized. A govt can be blamed for not introducing wholesale reforms and capacity building of Law enforcement, which is still not too fair as no single govt can claim this feat, although it's their job to do so, as opposed making sure tactical mishaps are miraculously prevented.
Sir, again, i am not blaming one person or an institution here, maybe my message implied (im not sure how) that i am blaming one side only which isn't the case.

Also i find it hard to believe that Talibs were under investigation by CTD, this wasn't the protocol last i heard. Any Terrorist which has linkage outside this country is handed over to ISI.

Nice joke, TTP presence inside pakistan had nothing to do with army or ISI?

Whose chopper will fly these pigs back across the border? CTD?

They are not going to lose a aircraft and pilot to take these afghans to Afghanistan, would you trust the afghans?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom