What's new

Attack Copters Wipe Out Chinese Tanks in Simulated Battle !

infrared imaging isn't so modern.

Fifty Years of Owning the Night: The History of Infrared Imaging

The story of FLIR begins in 1963 when Texas Instruments’ Defense Systems and Electronics Division, later acquired by Raytheon, invested $30,000 in what engineer Kirby Taylor called a “little experiment” in infrared imaging.

The U.S. Air Force had been mounting scanners in the bays of large cargo aircraft, shooting images of the ground in the infrared spectrum with film. It was a very slow process because the film had to be returned to base, then developed and then analyzed. One-hour pickup at the photo center, it's not.

rtn_212002.jpg

A U.S. Air Force Douglas AC-47D Spooky gunship used an early FLIR system during the Vietnam War.

Taylor’s idea was to replace the film with photoconductive detectors. Their output could be “rasterized“ and put onto a TV-style display.

WITH FLIR, YOU CAN'T HIDE
The technology came just in time for the military, which was having trouble tracking troop movements in Vietnam.

"The problem was the enemy was moving from North to South at night, undetected," Taylor said. "They weren’t picking up any activity — zero."

After conducting tests at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio, and Clark Air Base in The Philippines, the Air Force began flying missions over North Vietnam in the fall of 1965 using FLIR to identify ammunition dumps, bases and troop movements.

“By the time the team and I left, we were engaging 400 trucks a month, driving in convoys, on the Ho Chi Minh trail, “ Taylor said.
Is that Vietnamese officer teaching ur soldiers don't trust infrared imaging in modern war ?
I just feel pity to the Army ... :cray:

PLA soldier's night-vision device:
night device1.jpg

PLA infrared thermal imaging device:
night device2.jpg

Last edited:
Is that ur Vietnamese officer teaching ur soldiers don't trust infrared imaging in modern war ?
I just feel pity to the Army ... :cray:

Why you concluded that ? not from my words. Maybe you misunderstood when I said "it isn't so modern" I say so because it has more than 50 years of life, and first use was in Vietnam, so we managed to defeat them. How to defeat? if dont know the mechanism of the technology?

Correct you that they taught the soldiers, no modern weapons or technology unable to defeat.
Just try to know how to.

I think it's not so difficult for Vietnam shooter to hide from both night vision and infrared imaging device. American used both of that alongside with electronic warfare 50 years ago to stop VPA to move forward or approach their bases at night. But as we know they failed.

Night vision Vietnam made
nhung-loai-ong-ngam-quan-dung-viet-nam-san-xuat_61537977.jpg

Trang%20b%E1%BB%8B%20b%E1%BA%A3o%20h%E1%BB%99%20c%E1%BB%A7a%20Qu%C3%A2n%20%C4%91%E1%BB%99i%20Vi%E1%BB%87t%20Nam1.png

Last edited:
can you watch the video ? that's TOW on UH-1B in Vietnam during 1972
As you may know, the first tank killer helicopters was born in Vietnam War.
And you may know that, there's not many tanks from North Vietnam at the time, and VPA adopted guerrila tactic. So they aren't naive to show their tanks as targets for TOW

Raytheon developed first infrared imaging during 1960s and first use in Vietnam during night aerial in Ho Chi Minh trails and night airstrike in North Vietnam.
They called 50 years of owning the night.
1. First TOW ATGM appeared in 1972 Vietnam War, and the missile bring more damages than machine-gun and rockets from helos ... the accurate attack easily killed tanks, today ATGMs fly further and more accurate than 40-year ago 1st-gen TOW. If American TOW used during whole 1960s to 1970s, how N.Vietnam shoot down u said 5,000x helos (I doubt the number) ?

2. U r so fear the ATGM ... so "they aren't naive to show their tanks as targets for TOW", even today VPA also not try to show their T55 or T62 tank as target for ATGMs. Never mind, as i said the ATGMs from WZ-9, WZ-10, WZ-19 also can bomb infantry & firing point on the ground.
1126866-jpg.260013

Last edited:
1. First TOW ATGM appeared in 1972 Vietnam War, and the missile bring more damages than machine-gun and rockets from helos ... the accurate attack easily killed tanks, today ATGMs fly further and more accurate than 40-year ago 1st-gen TOW. If American TOW used during whole 1960s to 1970s, how N.Vietnam shoot down u said 5,000x helos (I doubt the number) ?

2. U r so fear the ATGM ... so "they aren't naive to show their tanks as targets for TOW", even today VPA also not try to show their T55 or T62 tank as target for ATGMs. Never mind, as i said the ATGMs from WZ-9, WZ-10, WZ-19 also can attack infantry & firing point on the ground.

5000x as from Pentagon statistics. Your argument is illogical. 5000x down by personal weapons, TOW or not TOW it doesn't matter. Not all helicopters are AH-64, and AH-64 isn't against ambushing shooters.
Vietnam paid less for tanks and more for anti tank weapons, I must say so. That's our strategy.
As you know, Vietnam must always confront the stronger enemies in long history. The only weaker one is Khmer Rouge. Vietnam used UH-1B aerial artilery , APC, bombers, C130 ...to handle them,

Last edited:
5000x as from Pentagon statistics. Your argument is illogical. 5000x down by personal weapons, TOW or not TOW it doesn't matter. Not all helicopters are AH-64, and AH-64 isn't against ambushing shooters.
Vietnam paid less for tanks and more for anti tank weapons, I must say so. That's our strategy.
:-) Saddam Hussein might wanna copy another Vietnam-War on the ground to American ... just the guy wrong the century and lost in a modern war. That's ur 1970s strategy, but modern war doesn't follow the strategy.

:-) Saddam Hussein might wanna copy another Vietnam-War on the ground to American ... just the guy wrong the century and lost in a modern war. That's ur 1970s strategy, but modern war doesn't follow the strategy.

Next enemy would be weaker than America. And we are stronger than we were in Vietnam war.
Iraq isn't comparable to Vietnam.
Our strategy in 1979 is different from 1978 or 1972 or 1954, our next is different too. But most of Vietnamese people anytime in the history, is familiar with fighting a stronger enemy.
-----------------
Let imagine, during Vietnam war, American fly over 12,000 of helicopters, hundreds of B52, thousand of F4, F105, F111, SR 71, U2 ... overhead of us.

While in South of Vietnam, we only have rifles, carbines, mines, some 12.7mm ... how we can manage to be survived, shoot down 5000x helicopters and have our victory?

There's a way, always. And we never surrender.
----------------
Now we have S-300, S-125TM2, Iskander, Buk, Tor, Pantsir-S1, Strela10m, Igla-S ... and Su-30,
I still believe that with a carbines we still able to hit helicopters at low altitude easily.

Last edited:
Next enemy would be weaker than America. And we are stronger than we were in Vietnam war.
Iraq isn't comparable to Vietnam.
Our strategy in 1979 is different from 1978 or 1972 or 1954, our next is different too. But most of Vietnamese people anytime in the history, is familiar with fighting a stronger enemy.
-----------------
Let imagine, during Vietnam war, American fly over 12,000 of helicopters, hundreds of B52, thousand of F4, F105, F111, SR 71, U2 ... overhead of us.

While in South of Vietnam, we only have rifles, carbines, mines, some 12.7mm ... how we can manage to be survived, shoot down 5000x helicopters and have our victory?

Come on, without the help of Soviet and China you could not shot anything, you could not make nothing even a bullet that time. By your own strength you only could shot with stones.

Don't forget SAM missiles supported from USSR and China ... some hit down by SAMs not only by guns. :D
mig17_19vn_021.jpg

0ca517a944d86ef060336097850824dc.jpg

20100328806454511769135.jpg

Come on, without the help of Soviet and China you could not shot anything, you could not make nothing even a bullet that time. By your own strength you only could shot with stones.

There's always helpers, they come or we search for.
Like Soviet and US who helped Chiang Kaishek to liberate China.

Don't forget SAM missiles supported from USSR and China ... some hit down by SAMs not only guns.
SAM from China can't kill even 1 US aircraft, Hong-qi missiles performance at the time very terrible,
There's no helicopters operates in North Vietnam as you may know

SAM from China can't kill even 1 US aircraft, Hong-qi missiles performance at the time very terrible,
There's no helicopters operates in North Vietnam as you may know
In 1960s Hong Qi-2 SAM hit down U-2 spy planes in China mainland flied from TaiWan ... i don't know why it unwork in N.Vietnam better than nothing. And don't forget China also sent Anti-aircraft troops into N.Vietnam to protect cities, does Chinese AAGs also unwork too ? :azn:
5cf854b045b2c5bc1ffd3.jpg

d16.jpg

496f577f45a48eed4f880(2).jpg

15166009.jpg

In 1960s Hong Qi-2 SAM hit down U-2 spy planes in China mainland flied from TaiWan ... i don't know why it unwork in N.Vietnam better than nothing. And don't forget China also sent Anti-aircraft troops into N.Vietnam, does them also unwork too ?
View attachment 260057
View attachment 260056
View attachment 260054
View attachment 260055

Did you see the bridge? their mission is building or repair roads and bridges. AA gun is just for protect the position. very little of results and they met heavy damage on personnel. Their target is B52 and supersonic F4, ... so they could avoid dive bombing is the best result... Don't have any Chinese troops in Vietnam specialized for AA, they are logistics.
If there's some helicopters at that, they could kill some...

Shooting down a unarmed, non-stealth U-2 is much easier. B52 at the time use some level of electronic warfare to make them stealth from radar detection. U-2 fly in daytime,
Linebacker II operation always at night.

Last edited:
Did you see the bridge? their mission is building or repair roads and bridges. AA gun is just for protect the position. very little of results and they met heavy damage on personnel. Their target is B52 and supersonic F4, ... so they could avoid dive bombing is the best result... Don't have any Chinese troops in Vietnam specialized for AA, they are logistics.
If there's some helicopters at that, they could kill some...

Shooting down a unarmed, non-stealth U-2 is much easier. B52 at the time use some level of electronic warfare to make them stealth from radar detection. U-2 fly in daytime,
Linebacker II operation always at night.
LOL ... those Vietnamese liar :lol:

1965 Sino-Vietnam friendship gate, China anti-aircraft troop into North Vietnam ... in 1960s Vietnam didn't creat AAG and Vietnamese didn't wear "Mao ZeDong" badge on the cloth, also didn't wave Mao's RedBook during China Culture Revolution ... only Chinese in North Vietnam.
001L5osVgy6QIo9iv3s52&690.jpg

001L5osVgy6QInMRfHQ52&690.jpg

001L5osVgy6QInOgO4Pb3&690.jpg

1.jpg

444.jpg

Vietnam War
People's Republic of China

Starting in 1965, China sent anti-aircraft units and engineering battalions to North Vietnam to repair the damage caused by American bombing, man anti-aircraft batteries, rebuild roads and railroads, transport supplies, and perform other engineering works. This freed North Vietnamese army units for combat in the South. China sent 320,000 troops and annual arms shipments worth $180 million. The Chinese military claims to have caused 38% of American air losses in the war.

The simple, everyone in Vietnam know.
Every logistic unit has AA gun unit accompanied.

There's North Korea pilots who flying Mig for aerial combat in North Vietnam sky.
No China pilot, no China air defence unit with SAM in North Vietnam.

Only logistic with AA gun accompanied.
==========
And there's no mystery, our soldiers, pilots were bad quality at first, but harden by combats and training of China and Soviet Union. In which the real experience collect from real combats is the most important.
So are Soviet and American weapons. Weapons need combats to test the real power.

Last edited:
----------------
Now we have S-300, S-125TM2, Iskander, Buk, Tor, Pantsir-S1, Strela10m, Igla-S ... and Su-30,
I still believe that with a carbines we still able to hit helicopters at low altitude easily.
Vietnam Army didn't have Iskander, Buk, Tor, Pantsir-S1 missile ... there's no any photo or news to prove VPA operating them. U r drunk, bro !

Back
Top Bottom