What's new

At least 80,000 Muslims in China Allegedly forced to do slave labor in Chinese concentration camps

I am calm, I am not accusing him of being biased, but he is being unfair.
Leave it bro.
Let us focus on bringing the sufferings of our brethren in Xinjiang to light instead of these small squabbles.

On topic, I must thank you for efforts on this thread.From what I have seen, most Iranian posters usually ignore the sufferings of Uyghurs because it suits their narrative.So it's refreshing & heartening to see someone like you who is doing the right thing instead of following the herd mentality. JazakAllahu Khairan.

Leave it bro.
Let us focus on bringing the sufferings of our brethren in Xinjiang to light instead of these small squabbles.

On topic, I must thank you for efforts on this thread.From what I have seen, most Iranian posters usually ignore the sufferings of Uyghurs because it suits their narrative.So it's refreshing & heartening to see someone like you who is doing the right thing instead of following the herd mentality. JazakAllahu Khairan.
I wish there was more I could do

Hello my dear friend sorry I was busy for a while with some personal issues. I am no one's personal moderator you are correct there 100%. I was not the only one tagged but multiple other moderators were also tagged in that post I fail to understand why you have issues with me my friend. My apologies if I have in any way unknowingly said something to offend you. For me I love Turkish people very much.
I have no issuea with you, you are one of the members that I like, there is no problem. Only that some members abuse tagging option. My apologies as well for the misunderstanding.

I wish there was more I could do
I wish it too brother.

However, there isn't much we can do at the moment except praying for them & continuing to speak out on their behalf & ensure that the world doesn't forget about their plight.

Kashmiris have Pakistan, Rohingyas have Bangladesh, Palestinians have much of the Muslim world behind them.
While all of them have forsaken the Uyghurs who are suffering just as much, if not worse.

I wish it too brother.

However, there isn't much we can do at the moment except praying for them & continuing to speak out on their behalf & ensure that the world doesn't forget about their plight.

Kashmiris have Pakistan, Rohingyas have Bangladesh, Palestinians have much of the Muslim world behind them.
While all of them have forsaken the Uyghurs who are suffering just as much, if not worse.
Our countries are not going to do anything, but for once, it serves our interest that the west is not pleased with China for different reasons obviously, but if they use the Uighur crisis as propaganda to bring down the oppressors, I am not going to complain.

Our countries are not going to do anything, but for once, it serves our interest that the west is not pleased with China for different reasons obviously, but if they use the Uighur crisis as propaganda to bring down the oppressors, I am not going to complain.
I feel the same.

I dislike the West for what it has done to Afganistan, Iraq, Syria, Libya & Iran, their support for Israel, their warmongering ways etc.

As far as I'm concerned, China & the West are two sides of the same coin when it comes to oppressing innocent people for their agenda.

However, if the West acts against China for the Uyghurs, they would have my support. Even if they're doing it for their own benifits & not out of the goodness of their hearts.

I feel the same.

I dislike the West for what it has done to Afganistan, Iraq, Syria, Libya & Iran, their support for Israel, their warmongering ways etc.

As far as I'm concerned, China & the West are two sides of the same coin when it comes to oppressing innocent people for their agenda.

However, if the West acts against China for the Uyghurs, they would have my support. Even if they're doing it for their own benifits & not out of the goodness of their hearts.

100%

Uighurs total population is less than 0.8% of China's total, only a fool would spend time and energy to try to persecute such a small minority which can't pose any real meaningful threat to this vast country.
But anyway you guys can believe China is a fool, like what the west has always believed.

Uighurs total population is less than 0.8% of China's total, only a fool would spend time and energy to try to persecute such a small minority which can't pose any real meaningful threat to this vast country.
But anyway you guys can believe China is a fool, like what the west has always believed.
Well, save your time and do other meaningful work. There is no need to play with him. He is blinded with the propaganda of West and won't believe anything we post, so just let him go. The more you reply the higher will he be.

I am just curious about his career that he can keep post such nonsense again and again, or maybe he just doesn't have one.

It is Xinjiang's people that are qualified to conclude, not some fanatic foreigners.

Well, save your time and do other meaningful work. There is no need to play with him. He is blinded with the propaganda of West and won't believe anything we post, so just let him go. The more you reply the higher will he be.

I am just curious about his career that he can keep post such nonsense again and again, or maybe he just doesn't have one.

It is Xinjiang's people that are qualified to conclude, not some fanatic foreigners.
Ha, I have lots of time now, I'm in training business and now Beijing still doesn't allow us to reopen, hopefully next month we can go back to normal business.

I am calm, I am not accusing him of being biased, but he is being unfair.

Virtually entire' fashion industry complicit in Uighur forced labour, say rights groups
Human rights coalition says cotton produced in camps in Xinjiang region finds its way into one in five cotton products worldwide

1543.jpg

In this undated video footage run by China’s CCTV, Muslim trainees work in a garment factory at the Hotan Vocational Education and Training Centre in Hotan, Xinjiang. Photograph: AP Video

Exploitation in focus is supported by
About this content
Annie Kelly
Published onThu 23 Jul 2020 05.00 BST
Many of the world’s biggest fashion brands and retailers are complicit in the forced labour and human rights violations being perpetrated on millions of Uighur people in the Xinjiang region of northwestern China, says a coalition of more than 180 human rights groups.

There is mounting global outrage over the atrocities being committed against the Uighur population in the region, including torture, forced separation and the compulsory sterilisation of Uighur women.

Despite these abuses, the coalition of human rights groups says many of the world’s leading clothing brands continue to source cotton and yarn produced through a vast state-sponsored system of forced labour involving up to 1.8m Uighur and other Turkic and Muslim people in prison camps, factories and farms in Xinjiang. It says that the forced labour system across the region is the largest internment of an ethnic and religious minority since the second world war.

China's UK ambassador denies abuse of Uighurs despite fresh drone footage
Read more

Global fashion brands source so extensively from Xinjiang that the coalition estimates it is “virtually certain” that as many as one in five cotton products sold across the world are tainted with forced labour and human rights violations occurring there.

China is the largest cotton producer in the world, with 84% of its cotton coming from the Xinjiang region. Cotton and yarn produced in Xinjiang are used extensively in other key garment-producing countries such as Bangladesh, Cambodia and Vietnam. Xinjiang cotton and yarn are also used in textiles and home furnishings. This week the New York Times reported that factories in the region were also supplying face masks and other PPE to countries around the world.

The coalition has published an extensive list of brands it claims continue to source from the region, or from factories connected to the forced labour of Uighur people, including Gap, C&A, Adidas, Muji, Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein.

4376.jpg

Workers at a cotton factory in Awat county, in China’s Xinjiang region. Photograph: Xinhua/Alamy
“Virtually the entire [global] apparels industry is tainted by forced Uighur and Turkic Muslim labour,” the coalition said in a statement issued today.

The coalition says many more leading clothing brands also continue to maintain lucrative strategic partnerships with Chinese companies, accepting subsidies from their government to expand textile production in the region or benefiting from the forced labour of Uighur people transferred from Xinjiang to factories across China.

“There is a high likelihood that every high street and luxury brand runs the risk of being linked to what is happening to the Uighur people,” says Chloe Cranston, business and human rights manager at Anti-Slavery International.

In a call to action, the coalition, which includes more than 70 Uighur rights groups, anti-slavery organisations and labour rights campaigners, says the global apparel industry must eradicate all products and materials linked to forced labour in Xinjiang within a year.

“Global brands need to ask themselves how comfortable they are contributing to a genocidal policy against the Uighur people. These companies have somehow managed to avoid scrutiny for complicity in that very policy – this stops today,” said Omer Kanat, executive director of the Uyghur Human Rights Project.

According to the Worker Rights Consortium (WRC), one of the signatories of the call to action, brands have no credible way of proving that their supply chains from the Xinjiang are free of forced labour.

“Forced labourers in the Uighur region face vicious retaliation if they tell the truth about their circumstances. This makes due diligence through labour inspections impossible and virtually guarantees that any brand sourcing from the Uighur region is using forced labour,” said Scott Nova, executive director of the WRC.

“An apparel brand that claims to know, with confidence, that all the farms and factories it uses in the region are free of forced labour is either deeply cynical or misinformed.”

In April, the Global Legal Action Network (Glan), a group of human rights lawyers, also provided evidence to HMRC that brands including Muji, Uniqlo, H&M and Ikea were selling products in the UK containing cotton and yarn from the Xinjiang region. Glan argued that the UK government should halt sales of products linked to forced labour across the region as it breached several UK laws including the 1897 Foreign Made Goods Act.

In response, H&M and Ikea said they would stop buying cotton from the region. In an updated statement to The Guardian, H&M said that it had an indirect relationship with one yarn producer operating in the region but said it was reviewing the relationship.

8660.jpg

The coalition says workers face ‘vicious retaliation’ if they tell the truth about their employment conditions. Photograph: VCG/Getty Images
Muji confirmed that it continues to use cotton yarn from Xinjiang but denies that its cotton and yarn are connected to forced labour. “Our business partner [assures] us that the people who make our products have good working conditions and are treated with respect, the independent auditors have conducted on-site audit on these cotton spinning mills and have confirmed that there is no evidence of forced labour and discrimination of ethnoreligious minorities at their facilities.

A Uniqlo spokesperson said that no Uniqlo product is manufactured in the region and insists that all production partners in its supply chain uphold their codes of conduct on human and workers rights.

In a statement, PVH Corporation, which owns Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger, said it did not source finished garments from the region and would cease all business relationships with any factories and mills that produce garments or fabric, or use cotton grown, in Xinjiang within the next 12 months.

Adidas said it does not source goods from Xinjiang and have instructed its suppliers not to source yarn from the region.

A C&A spokesperson said it did not source from any manufacturers or work with any fabric or yarn mills in the region.

Yet members of the coalition said that it was not sufficient for brands and retailers to just sever direct relationships to suppliers but that a complete overhaul of the sector’s links to the region had to be undertaken.

“This isn’t just about direct supply chain links, it’s about how the global apparels sector is helping prop up and facilitate the system of human rights abuses and forced labour,” says Cranston. “There needs to be a deep and thorough interrogation of how brands and retailers are linked to what is happening at scale to the Uighur people.”

Gap has been contacted for a response.

China’s human rights record in Xinjiang has provoked growing international condemnation. Earlier this month, the US imposed sanctions on Chinese officials in protest at the treatment of the Uighur and other minority groups, including Kazakhs.

Last week the Chinese ambassador to the UK denied his government was committing human rights violations after videos resurfaced online appearing to show shackled and blindfolded Uighur prisoners being loaded on to trains in Xinjiang.

They are working, they are even not cheap labor not to mention forced labor.

As you are sharing this with your bharati butt brother @Nilgiri keep in mind that Pagan shithole have changed the status of UNSC recognized dispute of Kashmir uniletrally and is settling Hindus there as we speak, going against all UN resolutions. meanwhile Xinjiang was never an international dispute so Chinese citizens can settle in their country. Of course no one like when he is being turned into minority in his own region, so I also understand position of uyghurs, but for fvxk sake you can't be allowed to made mockery of Kashmiris and Uygurs by having pagan genocidal terrorists as Uyghurs supporter. Plz ban Pagan terrorists from this thread. @waz @BHarwana
"butt buddy" "pagan shithole" Why the insults? I opened up a thread about ethnic cleansing and genocide of Muslims, and you insult me?

Did you not read this?

China is reportedly sending men to sleep in the same beds as Uighur Muslim women while their husbands are in prison camps
Alexandra Ma
Nov 4, 2019, 1:06 PM

5dc013272f364a2829275572

An ethnic Uighur woman holding her child in a shop in Kashgar, in China's far western Xinjiang province.
Kevin Frayer/Getty Images
  • China's Communist Party is waging a hardline campaign against the Uighur ethnic minority, which has seen more than 1 million people detained in prison camps.
  • Authorities have since 2017 been sending men to live with Uighur women, many of whose husbands had been sent to prison camps.
  • Those men often sleep in the same beds as the women, a new Radio Free Asia report says, citing two unnamed Chinese officials.
  • It is almost impossible to hear from Uighurs in Xinjiang because speaking to journalists or anyone outside the region can get them imprisoned too.
  • Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.

Chinese men assigned to monitor the homes of Uighur women whose husbands were sent to prison camps frequently sleep in the same beds as them, Radio Free Asia reported last week.

It appears to be another facet of the Communist Party's hardline campaign against the mostly-Muslim Uighur people in their home region of Xinjiang, in western China, over the past two years.

Beijing sees all Uighur people as terrorists and has used Islamophobia to justify its actions in the past.

Authorities have detained at least 1 million Uighurs in prison-like camps, euphemistically called "re-education centers." Activists have likened the campaign to ethnic cleansing.

5c6ed999598e237e3b651b16

A woman and a child waiting outside a school entrance in Peyzawat, Xinjiang.
Ng Han Guan/AP
Since 2017, China has run a "Pair Up and Become Family" program in the region, in which Communist Party officials who are Han Chinese — the ethnic group that makes up most of China's population — stay in Uighur homes.

The program is to "promote ethnic unity," officials say, but it also lets the government keep a close eye on the Uighurs.

Those officials, who are mostly men, typically stay for up to six days at each Uighur household, many of which have male family members in detention, RFA described an anonymous Communist Party official in Kashgar as saying.

5ca76e46569b557ba82551ba

A masked Uighur boy at a protest at the Fatih Mosque in Istanbul, Turkey, in November 2018.
Murad Sezer/Reuters
The Han Chinese officials — who are called "relatives," even though they are not family — visit Kashgar every two months and work and eat with Uighur families, as well as discuss Communist Party political ideology, the official told RFA.

"They help [the families] with their ideology, bringing new ideas," he told RFA. "They talk to them about life, during which time they develop feelings for one another."

He added that "normally one or two people sleep in one bed, and if the weather is cold, three people sleep together," and that "it is now considered normal for females to sleep on the same platform with their paired male 'relatives.'"

5b97eaaadcee303b118b5dcf

A government official scanning a QR code on the wall of a house in Xinjiang that gives him access to the residents' personal information.
Xinjiang state radio via Human Rights Watch
RFA said a local neighborhood official in Yengisar County, where Kashgar is, confirmed the sleeping arrangements but insisted that "relatives" and their female hosts always keep a distance of three feet between them at night.

Both officials cited in RFA's article claimed that male Communist Party officials had never tried to take advantage of the women. The official in Kashgar told RFA that the Uighur families were "very keen" to welcome the Han Chinese men into their homes.

It is almost impossible to hear from Uighurs in Xinjiang, as any communication with journalists or people outside the region can land them in detention. Uighurs living abroad previously told Business Insider that their relatives in the region had blocked them online to avoid being punished for communicating with outsiders.

China's embassies in London and Washington, DC, did not immediately respond to Business Insider's request for comment on RFA's article.

Sayragul Sauytbay, an ethnic Kazakh Uighur woman who fled a Xinjiang detention camp, told Haaretz last month that she witnessed a gang rape and medical experiments on other prisoners. She said she was also subject to beatings and food deprivation because another prisoner hugged her.

5dae2bb44af9091697532e94

Sayragul Sauytbay in court in Zharkent, Kazakhstan, in July 2018.
Ruslan Prianxov / AFP via Getty
RFA is one of the remaining outlets documenting the Uighur oppression from the region.

Chinese officials have forbidden all foreign journalists from entering the region, though two Vice reporters sneaked in as tourists and took undercover footage earlier this year.

The government has also arranged highly staged trips to detention camps for foreign journalists and inspectors in the past.

Rep. Jackie Speier of California tweeted that the RFA story was "absolutely repulsive" and urged the US to "speak out about the systemized enslavement and attempted cultural obliteration" of the Uighurs.

The Treasury Department blacklisted some of China's most valuable artificial-intelligence startups last month over their role in surveilling Uighurs in Xinjiang.

Vice President Mike Pence and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo have criticized Beijing's actions in Xinjiang, but President Donald Trump has not said anything.

Last week, China warned the US that criticism over the Uighurs was not "helpful" for ongoing trade talks.

Now I'm just disgusted by this thread!
'Muslims' argue with their brothers over which Regime kills more Muslims - to protect their nationalist interests.

I have a sober view of the whole thing for you and you should read this very carefully - since you seem to be totally blind:

>> Both INDIA AND CHINA are >> genociding << Muslims! <<

Israel is oppressing and killing Muslims...
while the west is killing Muslims in false flag wars -

our prophet saas told us:
"my ummah will be split like the foam of a broken wave" ...

here you have the result! I pity all of you -

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom