What's new

At least 80,000 Muslims in China Allegedly forced to do slave labor in Chinese concentration camps

Check the site that has almost 10 000 well documented cases, and then you will understand.
https://shahit.biz/eng/#view
Why should I check it for what reason & why should I believe the site? Tomorrow morning I can make a site and put 100K cases there the Issue still remains how would be there any verification of it. There are people who travel from Pakistan to China daily why don't they tell such things cause they travel from those area regularly?

Why should I check it for what reason & why should I believe the site? Tomorrow morning I can make a site and put 100K cases there the Issue still remains how would be there any verification of it. There are people who travel from Pakistan to China daily why don't they tell such things cause they travel from those area regularly?
I gave it up, this guy had long lost it.

oh, my goodness..., I MADE IT UP...

Check Abdurehim Heyit. How can you be so.....
There was no one in the video you posted. Stop lying

Ok support genocide of Muslims because of Pakistans Chinese interests. Jazak Allahu Khayran brother. :tup:

China is reportedly sending men to sleep in the same beds as Uighur Muslim women while their husbands are in prison camps
Alexandra Ma
Nov 4, 2019, 1:06 PM

5dc013272f364a2829275572

An ethnic Uighur woman holding her child in a shop in Kashgar, in China's far western Xinjiang province.
Kevin Frayer/Getty Images
  • China's Communist Party is waging a hardline campaign against the Uighur ethnic minority, which has seen more than 1 million people detained in prison camps.
  • Authorities have since 2017 been sending men to live with Uighur women, many of whose husbands had been sent to prison camps.
  • Those men often sleep in the same beds as the women, a new Radio Free Asia report says, citing two unnamed Chinese officials.
  • It is almost impossible to hear from Uighurs in Xinjiang because speaking to journalists or anyone outside the region can get them imprisoned too.
  • Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.

Chinese men assigned to monitor the homes of Uighur women whose husbands were sent to prison camps frequently sleep in the same beds as them, Radio Free Asia reported last week.

It appears to be another facet of the Communist Party's hardline campaign against the mostly-Muslim Uighur people in their home region of Xinjiang, in western China, over the past two years.

Beijing sees all Uighur people as terrorists and has used Islamophobia to justify its actions in the past.

Authorities have detained at least 1 million Uighurs in prison-like camps, euphemistically called "re-education centers." Activists have likened the campaign to ethnic cleansing.

5c6ed999598e237e3b651b16

A woman and a child waiting outside a school entrance in Peyzawat, Xinjiang.
Ng Han Guan/AP
Since 2017, China has run a "Pair Up and Become Family" program in the region, in which Communist Party officials who are Han Chinese — the ethnic group that makes up most of China's population — stay in Uighur homes.

The program is to "promote ethnic unity," officials say, but it also lets the government keep a close eye on the Uighurs.

Those officials, who are mostly men, typically stay for up to six days at each Uighur household, many of which have male family members in detention, RFA described an anonymous Communist Party official in Kashgar as saying.

5ca76e46569b557ba82551ba

A masked Uighur boy at a protest at the Fatih Mosque in Istanbul, Turkey, in November 2018.
Murad Sezer/Reuters
The Han Chinese officials — who are called "relatives," even though they are not family — visit Kashgar every two months and work and eat with Uighur families, as well as discuss Communist Party political ideology, the official told RFA.

"They help [the families] with their ideology, bringing new ideas," he told RFA. "They talk to them about life, during which time they develop feelings for one another."

He added that "normally one or two people sleep in one bed, and if the weather is cold, three people sleep together," and that "it is now considered normal for females to sleep on the same platform with their paired male 'relatives.'"

5b97eaaadcee303b118b5dcf

A government official scanning a QR code on the wall of a house in Xinjiang that gives him access to the residents' personal information.
Xinjiang state radio via Human Rights Watch
RFA said a local neighborhood official in Yengisar County, where Kashgar is, confirmed the sleeping arrangements but insisted that "relatives" and their female hosts always keep a distance of three feet between them at night.

Both officials cited in RFA's article claimed that male Communist Party officials had never tried to take advantage of the women. The official in Kashgar told RFA that the Uighur families were "very keen" to welcome the Han Chinese men into their homes.

It is almost impossible to hear from Uighurs in Xinjiang, as any communication with journalists or people outside the region can land them in detention. Uighurs living abroad previously told Business Insider that their relatives in the region had blocked them online to avoid being punished for communicating with outsiders.

China's embassies in London and Washington, DC, did not immediately respond to Business Insider's request for comment on RFA's article.

Sayragul Sauytbay, an ethnic Kazakh Uighur woman who fled a Xinjiang detention camp, told Haaretz last month that she witnessed a gang rape and medical experiments on other prisoners. She said she was also subject to beatings and food deprivation because another prisoner hugged her.

5dae2bb44af9091697532e94

Sayragul Sauytbay in court in Zharkent, Kazakhstan, in July 2018.
Ruslan Prianxov / AFP via Getty
RFA is one of the remaining outlets documenting the Uighur oppression from the region.

Chinese officials have forbidden all foreign journalists from entering the region, though two Vice reporters sneaked in as tourists and took undercover footage earlier this year.

The government has also arranged highly staged trips to detention camps for foreign journalists and inspectors in the past.

Rep. Jackie Speier of California tweeted that the RFA story was "absolutely repulsive" and urged the US to "speak out about the systemized enslavement and attempted cultural obliteration" of the Uighurs.

The Treasury Department blacklisted some of China's most valuable artificial-intelligence startups last month over their role in surveilling Uighurs in Xinjiang.

Vice President Mike Pence and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo have criticized Beijing's actions in Xinjiang, but President Donald Trump has not said anything.

Last week, China warned the US that criticism over the Uighurs was not "helpful" for ongoing trade talks.

Apple and Nike urged to cut 'China Uighur ties'

Image copyrightGETTY IMAGES
_113579895_gettyimages-1219616370.jpg

Corporate giants including Nike face growing calls to cut ties with suppliers alleged to be using "forced labour" from China's Uighur people.

Activists have launched a campaign accusing firms of "bolstering and benefiting" from exploitation of the Muslim minority group.

The US has also ramped up economic pressure, warning firms against doing business in Xinjiang due to the abuses.

Nike and other brands have said they are tracking the issue.

Nike said it was "conducting ongoing diligence with our suppliers in China to identify and assess potential risks related to employment of Uighur or other ethnic minorities".

It said it does not source materials directly from Xinjiang, the region in western China that is home to much of the country's Uighur population and many of the factories said to use the labour.

Apple also said it had investigated the claims. "We have found no evidence of any forced labour on Apple production lines and we plan to continue monitoring," the firm said.

Politicians and activists say companies need to do more if they do not want to be complicit in the Chinese government's human rights abuses.

"Brands and retailers should have left long ago, but they haven't and that is why this public call to action is important and necessary," said Chloe Cranston of Anti-Slavery International, one of the more than 180 organisations involved in the pressure campaign.

"It's not just about ending a relationship with one supplier. It's really about taking a comprehensive approach."

What is happening in Xinjiang?
Reports by the Australian Strategic Policy Institute (ASPI) and the US Congress, among others, have found that thousands of Uighurs have been transferred to work in factories across China, under conditions the ASPI report said "strongly suggest forced labour". It linked those factories to more than 80 high-profile brands, including Nike, Apple and Gap.

China, which is believed to have detained more than one million Uighurs in internment camps in Xinjiang, has described its programmes - which reportedly include forced sterilisation - as job training and education.

Officials say they are responding to risks of extremism and have dismissed claims of concentration camps as "fake".

p08l8gxw.jpg

Video captionChina's ambassador Liu Xiaoming: "There is no such concentration camp in Xinjiang"
Omer Kanat, executive director of the Uyghur Human Rights Project, said getting companies to shift business away from Xinjiang is critical to convincing the Chinese government to change its policies.

"Until now, there have been condemnations of what the Chinese government has been doing but there have not been any actions," he told the BBC. "The Chinese government will not do anything unless there are some real impacts, so therefore targeting the companies means a lot."

_113579893_gettyimages-539712678.jpg

Image captionXinjiang produces an estimated 80% of China's cotton
What are governments doing?
The call for action comes as the US has also ramped up economic pressure over the issue.

This month, it sanctioned Chinese officials overseeing the region and warned firms against doing business in Xinjiang .

American border officials also seized a shipment of 13 tonnes of hair products from the region worth an estimated $800,000 (£628,000), while the Commerce Department blacklisted 11 more companies - suppliers said to work with firms such as Apple - a move that limits the ability of those firms to buy US products, citing abuses.

Image copyrightUS CUSTOMS AND BORDER PROTECTION (
_113189273_mediaitem113189170.jpg

Image captionOne of the products seized in the US
Lawmakers in the US Congress are considering legislation to explicitly ban imports from Xinjiang, while politicians in the US and in Europe have also threatened legislation that would force companies to monitor the issue more closely.

"Companies all over the world must reassess their operations and supply chains and find alternatives that do not exploit the labour and violate the human rights of the Uighur people," said US congressman James McGovern, who leads a committee on China.

Mr Kanat said he believes an international movement is growing, pointing to recent comments by UK Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab, who accused China of "gross and egregious" human rights abuses and said sanctions could not be ruled out.

"This is encouraging," he said. "It is the first step."

What do the companies say?
The activist campaign is focused on clothing brands because Xinjiang produces the majority of China's cotton, which accounts for about 20% of the world's supply.

Apparel companies said they were taking the issue seriously.

Nike said after it confronted one of its suppliers, Taekwang Group, about the issue, the firm stopped recruiting employees from Xinjiang at one of its factories. The sportswear company said that Taekwang said those workers "had the ability to end or extend contracts their contracts at any time".

"This remains an issue of critical importance," the firm said. "We are continuing to draw on expert guidance and are working with brands and other stakeholders to consider all available approaches to responsibly address this situation."

_113579891_gettyimages-1204096835.jpg

Image captionA Taekwang Group factory
Gap also said it has policies that bar involuntary labour in its supply chain and does not source clothing directly from Xinjiang.

"We also recognize that a significant amount of the world's cotton supply is grown and spun there," it added. "Therefore, we are taking steps to better understand how our global supply chain may be indirectly impacted."

Other companies disputed the claims that their supply chains were tainted.

Adidas said it had never sourced products from Xinjiang and the company cited in the ASPI report had falsely claimed to be a supplier.

"The adidas workplace standards strictly prohibit all forms of forced and prison labour and are applicable to all companies across our supply chain," it added. "The use of forced labour by any of our partners will result in the termination of the partnership."

Apple said it had not found any issues, despite conducting several surprise audits of its long-time supplier O-Film - one of the firms cited by the US Commerce Department.

Some of the Chinese companies accused of using forced labour from Uighur workers have also disputed the claims.

"We absolutely have not, do not, and will never use forced labour anywhere in our company," said the Esquel Group, a Hong Kong based shirt-maker, reportedly a manufacturer for brand such as Lacoste .

It added that it was "deeply offended" by the US decision to add it to its export blacklist this week.

"We are working with all relevant authorities to resolve the situation, and we remain committed to Xinjiang as we are proud of our contribution in the region over the last 25 years."

I see were you are going with this. I felt from the beginning that you wanted to troll the thread, but I thought mods aren't allowed to troll.
Please do not disrespect staff members.

The fact that this thread remain open to discussion and you are being allowed to say whatever you want in relation to the topic, is due to generosity of PDF staff members. Do not take this liberty for granted - a friendly advice.

The one you took a jab at is a man of big heart and allow discussion.

@BHarwana

Please do not disrespect staff members.

The fact that this thread remain open to discussion and you are being allowed to say whatever you want in relation to the topic, is due to generosity of PDF staff members. Do not take this liberty for granted - a friendly advice.

The one you took a jab at is a man of big heart and allow discussion.

@BHarwana
Being a staff member doesn't mean someone is a saintly being capable of doing no wrong.Staff members are humans as well & not free from flaws.
Isn't posting threads & discussing what a forum is for? Why exactly is there talks of generosity in being allowed to do what a forum is for then?

Being a staff member doesn't mean someone is a saintly being capable of doing no wrong.Staff members are humans as well & not free from flaws.
Isn't posting threads & discussing what a forum is for? Why exactly is there talks of generosity in being allowed to do what a forum is for then?
My point is not to take jabs at staff members (violation of forum rules). Each have his/her own opinion about different themes.

Address his arguments. This is all.

My point is not to take jabs at staff members (violation of forum rules). Each have his/her own opinion about different themes.

Address his arguments. This is all.
How is it taking a jab?

He started by saying my posts are fake and that he has real evidence of camps in China. He asked me if I want to see them, I said no. Then he posted a "real" camp and said it is in China, but it was actually in India. Then he tried to derail the thread. How is this not trolling? You always have a problem with me.

How is it taking a jab?

He started by saying my posts are fake and that he has real evidence of camps in China. He asked me if I want to see them, I said no. Then he posted a "real" camp and said it is in China, but it was actually in India. Then he tried to derail the thread. How is this not trolling? You always have a problem with me.
Calm down. Legend is, from my limited experience, one of least biased mods here.
Leave it & continue the discussion.

Calm down. Legend is, from my limited experience, one of least biased mods here.
Leave it & continue the discussion.
I am calm, I am not accusing him of being biased, but he is being unfair.

Virtually entire' fashion industry complicit in Uighur forced labour, say rights groups
Human rights coalition says cotton produced in camps in Xinjiang region finds its way into one in five cotton products worldwide

1543.jpg

In this undated video footage run by China’s CCTV, Muslim trainees work in a garment factory at the Hotan Vocational Education and Training Centre in Hotan, Xinjiang. Photograph: AP Video

Exploitation in focus is supported by
About this content
Annie Kelly
Published onThu 23 Jul 2020 05.00 BST
Many of the world’s biggest fashion brands and retailers are complicit in the forced labour and human rights violations being perpetrated on millions of Uighur people in the Xinjiang region of northwestern China, says a coalition of more than 180 human rights groups.

There is mounting global outrage over the atrocities being committed against the Uighur population in the region, including torture, forced separation and the compulsory sterilisation of Uighur women.

Despite these abuses, the coalition of human rights groups says many of the world’s leading clothing brands continue to source cotton and yarn produced through a vast state-sponsored system of forced labour involving up to 1.8m Uighur and other Turkic and Muslim people in prison camps, factories and farms in Xinjiang. It says that the forced labour system across the region is the largest internment of an ethnic and religious minority since the second world war.

China's UK ambassador denies abuse of Uighurs despite fresh drone footage
Read more

Global fashion brands source so extensively from Xinjiang that the coalition estimates it is “virtually certain” that as many as one in five cotton products sold across the world are tainted with forced labour and human rights violations occurring there.

China is the largest cotton producer in the world, with 84% of its cotton coming from the Xinjiang region. Cotton and yarn produced in Xinjiang are used extensively in other key garment-producing countries such as Bangladesh, Cambodia and Vietnam. Xinjiang cotton and yarn are also used in textiles and home furnishings. This week the New York Times reported that factories in the region were also supplying face masks and other PPE to countries around the world.

The coalition has published an extensive list of brands it claims continue to source from the region, or from factories connected to the forced labour of Uighur people, including Gap, C&A, Adidas, Muji, Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein.

4376.jpg

Workers at a cotton factory in Awat county, in China’s Xinjiang region. Photograph: Xinhua/Alamy
“Virtually the entire [global] apparels industry is tainted by forced Uighur and Turkic Muslim labour,” the coalition said in a statement issued today.

The coalition says many more leading clothing brands also continue to maintain lucrative strategic partnerships with Chinese companies, accepting subsidies from their government to expand textile production in the region or benefiting from the forced labour of Uighur people transferred from Xinjiang to factories across China.

“There is a high likelihood that every high street and luxury brand runs the risk of being linked to what is happening to the Uighur people,” says Chloe Cranston, business and human rights manager at Anti-Slavery International.

In a call to action, the coalition, which includes more than 70 Uighur rights groups, anti-slavery organisations and labour rights campaigners, says the global apparel industry must eradicate all products and materials linked to forced labour in Xinjiang within a year.

“Global brands need to ask themselves how comfortable they are contributing to a genocidal policy against the Uighur people. These companies have somehow managed to avoid scrutiny for complicity in that very policy – this stops today,” said Omer Kanat, executive director of the Uyghur Human Rights Project.

According to the Worker Rights Consortium (WRC), one of the signatories of the call to action, brands have no credible way of proving that their supply chains from the Xinjiang are free of forced labour.

“Forced labourers in the Uighur region face vicious retaliation if they tell the truth about their circumstances. This makes due diligence through labour inspections impossible and virtually guarantees that any brand sourcing from the Uighur region is using forced labour,” said Scott Nova, executive director of the WRC.

“An apparel brand that claims to know, with confidence, that all the farms and factories it uses in the region are free of forced labour is either deeply cynical or misinformed.”

In April, the Global Legal Action Network (Glan), a group of human rights lawyers, also provided evidence to HMRC that brands including Muji, Uniqlo, H&M and Ikea were selling products in the UK containing cotton and yarn from the Xinjiang region. Glan argued that the UK government should halt sales of products linked to forced labour across the region as it breached several UK laws including the 1897 Foreign Made Goods Act.

In response, H&M and Ikea said they would stop buying cotton from the region. In an updated statement to The Guardian, H&M said that it had an indirect relationship with one yarn producer operating in the region but said it was reviewing the relationship.

8660.jpg

The coalition says workers face ‘vicious retaliation’ if they tell the truth about their employment conditions. Photograph: VCG/Getty Images
Muji confirmed that it continues to use cotton yarn from Xinjiang but denies that its cotton and yarn are connected to forced labour. “Our business partner [assures] us that the people who make our products have good working conditions and are treated with respect, the independent auditors have conducted on-site audit on these cotton spinning mills and have confirmed that there is no evidence of forced labour and discrimination of ethnoreligious minorities at their facilities.

A Uniqlo spokesperson said that no Uniqlo product is manufactured in the region and insists that all production partners in its supply chain uphold their codes of conduct on human and workers rights.

In a statement, PVH Corporation, which owns Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger, said it did not source finished garments from the region and would cease all business relationships with any factories and mills that produce garments or fabric, or use cotton grown, in Xinjiang within the next 12 months.

Adidas said it does not source goods from Xinjiang and have instructed its suppliers not to source yarn from the region.

A C&A spokesperson said it did not source from any manufacturers or work with any fabric or yarn mills in the region.

Yet members of the coalition said that it was not sufficient for brands and retailers to just sever direct relationships to suppliers but that a complete overhaul of the sector’s links to the region had to be undertaken.

“This isn’t just about direct supply chain links, it’s about how the global apparels sector is helping prop up and facilitate the system of human rights abuses and forced labour,” says Cranston. “There needs to be a deep and thorough interrogation of how brands and retailers are linked to what is happening at scale to the Uighur people.”

Gap has been contacted for a response.

China’s human rights record in Xinjiang has provoked growing international condemnation. Earlier this month, the US imposed sanctions on Chinese officials in protest at the treatment of the Uighur and other minority groups, including Kazakhs.

Last week the Chinese ambassador to the UK denied his government was committing human rights violations after videos resurfaced online appearing to show shackled and blindfolded Uighur prisoners being loaded on to trains in Xinjiang.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom