What's new

Assocham wants India to bypass Pakistan for gas pipeline with Iran

This guy is a potential terrorist and suicide bomber . i don't want to sugar coat it and i'll explain why in a short .

1- he is a hater :he says Iran is mocking prophet mohammad (PBUH) by making movies . this is interesting . you know why ? because he has NOT seen the movie yet . the movie just hit the screens 3 days ago in Iran and it's yet to get an international unveiling . his assumption is based on the fact that Iran is a shia-predominant country and thus we hate Islam and the prophet more than them juice .

now this get more interesting knowing the fact that Prophet mohammad (PBUH) movie is the most expensive and sophisticated movie any Islamic country has created yet .

Another question : Iran makes movies to change the world's opinion about Islam , what do you do ? what do you do to promote Islam ?

of course daily bombing and terrorism are not exactly the best means to promote sth . not if you live in 21 century .

you've gotta ask yourself this : if let's say an american citizen comes to pakistan , how are you going to convince him to change his/her religion ? what will you show him in your country that has this capability ?

2- he is ignorant : he says that Iran has no muslim friend . funny thing coming from him , you know why ? because pakistan's best friend is China & USA . they provide Pakistan with whatever Pakistan has today : it's means to defend itself , it's infrastructure , it's economy , .....

Pakistan has nothing without China and US . now these 2 countries are not exactly what you call Islamic country , are they ?

another question that can be raised is that what muslim allies does pakistan have besides KSA ? the same KSA that beheads pakistani nationals and treats them like shit ? name 5 muslim countries or Islamic groups that are ready to fight a war for Pakistan . nah , name 5 allies of pakistan in the region .

here is a hint : you've got none . you're all alone . funny thing , the only thing that is providing a means for you to thrive in the region is Iran . all your other neighbors hate your guts .

no dear , Iran has lots of muslim allies . don't you worry .

Hate + Ignorance = Terrorism

i'm sorry that this might hurt , but i just needed to clarify my position towards these terrorists after all the time i read their posts

As far as what he said about Iran is concerned, he is no "special" person. He is just honest enough to tell what hundreds of millions of muslims truly think about Iran. For a long time, I tried to explain what these guys truly think, but still you guys are surprised about what they say. :lol:
Based on his sect of religion, showing his prophet in a movie is mockery of his prophet. He is entitled to his opinion and is more than welcome to boycott watching that movie, nothing more than that. You have also the right to make the movie and watch it. That's your right.

Really !! Iran supports Armenia against Muslim Azerbaijan; Armenia, Greece and Cyprus against Turkey and India against Pakistan. I have seen Iranian posters here with Iran and Cyprus flags.
Honestly, I have no time nor any patience to educate every single idiot in internet who talks about Caucasus when they don't even know the basics about our own region. At least, don't quote me when you want to talk about Caucasus.

PS. I am a frank and honest person, so don't be hurt about my language.

For a long time, I tried to explain what these guys truly think, but still you guys are surprised about what they say. :lol:

Well, forgive those guys for not paying heed to the warnings of a ranting Internet fanatic hiding in the States.

Honestly, I have no time nor any patience to educate every single idiot in internet who talks about Caucasus when they don't even know the basics about our own region. At least, don't quote me when you want to talk about Caucasus.

PS. I am a frank and honest person, so don't be hurt about my language.

The Iranian are supporting Armenians against Azerbaijan when the Armenians themselves hate Muslims including the Iranians just read the Armenian websites.

The Iranian are supporting Armenians against Azerbaijan when the Armenians themselves hate Muslims including the Iranians just read the Armenian websites.

You are wrong about many things. I don't blame you, because it's not as simple as what you think. I'll need to spend some time to write a comprehensive response for you, but when I see posts like post #109 from your countryman, I prefer not to spend my time for you Pakistanis. Also, we will go off-topic and @Serpentine will delete our comments.

You are wrong about many things. I don't blame you, because it's not as simple as what you think. I'll need to spend some time to write a comprehensive response for you, but when I see posts like post #109 from your countryman, I prefer not to spend my time for you Pakistanis. Also, we will go off-topic and @Serpentine will delete our comments.

I like to study in the quiet corner of cafeteria of my university and I can filter the noise and concentrate on my study. Sometimes I do have to go to the library. You should learn to ignore and filter out idiots of any nationality.

I like to study in the quiet corner of cafeteria of my university and I can filter the noise and concentrate on my study. Sometimes I do have to go to the library. You should learn to ignore and filter out idiots of any nationality.

OK, then when I found time, I will write a response for you in an appropriate thread, and I will tag you there. The topic is controversial, so if I write my response, I am already expecting many Iranian and Turkish members jump to talk about it, specially considering that none of these 2 nationalities will like my post :lol:

We didnt support armenia 'it was us who warned armenia about advancing toward nakhjavan otherwise Azerbaijan would have lost that part too.
Some people are angry because we didn't participate in the draconian siege on armenia that was certainto turn into a massacre in that winter.

@haman10... I understand that. Those rabidly anti Iran Pakistanis are how many? Half a dozen or so out of probably thousands of members. There are similar numbers of members probably who are extremely inclined towards your country. And a vast majority of average joes like me who understand the historically good relations that we had and look positively towards you guys. What I am pointing to is this cascade effect in which a single troll from either side makes an extremely insulting post for the other side attracting similar posts... That attracts a bit wider response and so on and so forth. The result: average joes like me and you and up saying things we never would have... Wouldn't it be better that these "certain" trolls be not given a chance to turn the members of both the countries hostile to each other in general?

No offence to Pakistanis, but we should forget Pakistan and connect our pipeline to India and after India China.

Go ahead ... Bypass our entire EEZ... And hope the indians would allow you access to china...:lol:

P.S; in reality IP (india backed away due to US sanctions) is in the works and Iran is considering joining CPEC..:pop:

@haman10... I understand that. Those rabidly anti Iran Pakistanis are how many? Half a dozen or so out of probably thousands of members. There are similar numbers of members probably who are extremely inclined towards your country. And a vast majority of average joes like me who understand the historically good relations that we had and look positively towards you guys. What I am pointing to is this cascade effect in which a single troll from either side makes an extremely insulting post for the other side attracting similar posts... That attracts a bit wider response and so on and so forth. The result: average joes like me and you and up saying things we never would have... Wouldn't it be better that these "certain" trolls be not given a chance to turn the members of both the countries hostile to each other in general?
Similarly there isn't a dartg if rabid anti Pak Iranian members either.. This 2800 guy is just another such troll!

sir jee in ko bolo aik machli to paker ke dikhaay pakistani waters main se :lol::enjoy:these kids can wrrite nuke destroy pakistan here daily but in real life borders are borders :-) if its this easy why we arrest daily dozens of indians from out waters ? until our EEZ they have no right to do any activity without pakistani permission .
Sir wohe to me b kahu , jb EEZ hamara lekn pir b permission darkar nahe hammare kise ko b. or koi b aa jaa sakta hay. to pir HAMARA kaisa hua ?? or Us hesab se to pir Pirates b allowed hay.

This is a great adea. Project shall be a big and complex but once it is completed, the return generated out of it shall also be very big.

12 mile is your territory limit after that is eez . You cant stop anybody from travelling there unless you want war. For example china only coul send some fisher to make noise around american ship when they mapped sea bed in their EEZ . Also we parked a ship just outside india territorial water for one year without telling them what we are doing and they only could complaign.
hmm... very informative. but still i have my doubts. i will read about EEZ and UNCLOS. afterall it's for knowledge sake.

Nobody here has read UNCLOS........ :coffee:
EEZ is NOT the same as Territorial Waters...... :lol:
You still need Paks permission ... This idea isn't new... It was rejected by PAKISTAN in the 90s Aswell...

Now with extension in our EEZ you will either have to bypass it or ask Pakistsns permission ...

hmm... very informative. but still i have my doubts. i will read about EEZ and UNCLOS. afterall it's for knowledge sake.

They legally can't construct a pipeline in our EEZ... Yeah that's confirmed.

Those are not your sea limits. Not your territory. You have no right to impede movement in those waters.

No ? It's part of our continental shelf and you can't do anything about it without our permission ... This issue has been discussed to death... Your own media has written articles about it....

Have you even read the damn UN shit on the issue ?

Stuck in the pipeline: A $4-billion deep-sea gas project | The Indian Express

They legally can't construct a pipeline in our EEZ... Yeah that's confirmed.

Ye hue na baat.

Original article
@DESERT FIGHTER

Stuck in the pipeline: A $4-billion deep-sea gas project:
The indian Express

A UN resolution last March has dashed India’s hope for a natural gas pipeline from the Middle East. Internal assessment is that a proposed deep-sea gas pipeline from Oman and Iran would run into a diplomatic roadblock following the UN approval.

The $4-billion deepwater pipeline was proposed by South Asia Gas Enterprise (SAGE) from the Middle East — bypassing Pakistan — after the onland Iran-Pakistan-India pipeline got stuck on New Delhi’s decision to backpedal on the project because of geopolitical and security reasons.

The sea route was outside Pakistan’s exclusive economic zone (EEZ) to transport up to 1.1 billion standard cubic feet per day of gas from Chabahar in Iran and Ra’s al Jifan in Oman to Porbandar in Gujarat state with a spur line to Mumbai later.

“Route under finalisation for the proposed pipeline will have minimal political risk,” SAGE had claimed in a presentation to the Petroleum Ministry in May later.

The sea route was outside Pakistan’s exclusive economic zone (EEZ) to transport up to 1.1 billion standard cubic feet per day of gas from Chabahar in Iran and Ra’s al Jifan in Oman to Porbandar in Gujarat state with a spur line to Mumbai later.
A UN resolution last March has dashed India’s hope for a natural gas pipeline from the Middle East. Internal assessment is that a proposed deep-sea gas pipeline from Oman and Iran would run into a diplomatic roadblock following the UN approval.

The $4-billion deepwater pipeline was proposed by South Asia Gas Enterprise (SAGE) from the Middle East — bypassing Pakistan — after the onland Iran-Pakistan-India pipeline got stuck on New Delhi’s decision to backpedal on the project because of geopolitical and security reasons.

“Route under finalisation for the proposed pipeline will have minimal political risk,” SAGE had claimed in a presentation to the Petroleum Ministry in May last year.

However, that situation has changed after the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS) extended Pakistan’s seabed territory by another 150 kms on March 19.

The extension of the continental shelf from 200 nautical miles to 350 nautical miles would give Islamabad special rights with regards to exploration and use of marine resources, including energy production in the area under its jurisdiction, also described as its EEZ.
India’s assessment is that Pakistan, which is not a beneficiary of the sub-sea pipeline, was unlikely to allow the pipeline to cross its exclusive economic zone as in 1995 when Islamabad blocked a proposed deep-sea pipeline from Oman to India because it crossed its exclusive economic zone.

Under the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea, coastal nations are allowed economic control of the waters and seabed up to 200 nautical miles from their shores. They can further claim an extended shelf up to 350 nautical miles from the baseline of sea if they prove that the claimed area was a natural prolongation of their land.

The second problem that could crop up is that the SAGE project hinges on an offshore gas compression station on Qualhat Seamount (Murray Ridge), about 300km from the Omani coast. The seamount could now fall under Pakistan’s control and the station can be set up with Islamabad’s approval, said officials.

An email sent to SAGE on May 7, seeking its comments on the problems highlighted in the wake of UNCLOS resolution, remains unanswered.

The onland IPI pipeline has not taken off despite negotiations since 1995. India withdrew from the project in 2009 over security issues, gas pricing and gas volumes. Iran blames India of dropping out under pressure from the US.

link :
Stuck in the pipeline: A $4-billion deep-sea gas project | The Indian Express

So you mean that there ships and helicopters will be like coming and going to/from our territory Without asking us. ?
and we will watch there ships/helicopters crossing our Sea borders ?
It sounds like my neighbor come to my house daily and use my Washroom And that also even without asking me..
@Akheilos , @Zarvan , @Imran Khan ,,, Sir i need your help. educate me Can they (India) lay pipeline in our Sea limits and regularly conduct maintenance operations in our territory without our (Pakistan) permission ??

err
, am afraid not sir' , sorry but just a little of short there ( including the new extended EEZ of Pakistan) but the pipeline route comes under Oman's maritime or EEZ & not Pakistan's EEZ & its part of the international trade route

images

& a detail map of the undersea pipeline between Iran & India

SAGE_Middle-East-to-India-Deepwater-gas-Pipeline_MEIDP_Project_map.jpg

SAGE to build Middle-East To India Deepwater Gas Pipeline « 2B1stconsulting

Back
Top Bottom