What's new

Assocham wants India to bypass Pakistan for gas pipeline with Iran

@surya kiran

I repeat there have been no Shia-Sunni riots on a scale anywhere close to the anti-Muslim riots in India.
By riots it means one neighborhood against the other.
The majority in most cases start hunting down the minority citizens....hacking them and raping there women just like what happened in Gujarat.
In Pakistan there have been terror attacks against the Shia community not mass scale riots.

As for Modi's role
hac8oqSEJUS6O-_rdazvJSmc4Uf6NevG5SGTVoSkP7HSYUfXLzY_1K_n83PJgc6U5aeNF_Rmy35kGHzZCF3xfOp1gKbAFVtAyTW0GdjQGj4CxnujmzXt0JJ6ftu5nQwj1MKBFQ-kcXZV6Xg35BYufN6qptL_YoJSFoLG=w384-h384-nc

And this is why he is an attraction to the Hindu majority in your country.

And i don't want to ruin my day by posting about the disgusting issues you have in your country.

I mean you have sons raping there own mothers in India

How fcuked up is that !!!

PREAMBLE TO THE UNITED NATIONS CONVENTION ON THE LAW OF THE SEA

Article58

Rights and duties of other States in the exclusive economic zone

1. In the exclusive economic zone, all States, whether coastal or land-locked, enjoy, subject to the relevant provisions of this Convention, the freedoms referred to in article 87 of navigation and overflight and of the laying of submarine cables and pipelines, and other internationally lawful uses of the sea related to these freedoms, such as those associated with the operation of ships, aircraft and submarine cables and pipelines, and compatible with the other provisions of this Convention.

2. Articles 88 to 115 and other pertinent rules of international law apply to the exclusive economic zone in so far as they are not incompatible with this Part.

3. In exercising their rights and performing their duties under this Convention in the exclusive economic zone, States shall have due regard to the rights and duties of the coastal State and shall comply with the laws and regulations adopted by the coastal State in accordance with the provisions of this Convention and other rules of international law in so far as they are not incompatible with this Part.

---------------

It doesnt look like Pakistan can suddenly make a law that no pipelines are allowed in our EEZ, or make regulations for those pipelines....as there is no provision for this under the UNCLOS.

At most Pakistan can take the case to arbitration at international court, where like Baglihar dam, it will come out in favour of India as usual (with maybe one or two restrictions on pipeline diameter etc...for environmental consideration if Pakistan decides to pursue that line of it).

Of course thats the way it looks to me as I read it.

Maybe a legal expert can shed some light into this some more?
Teas the entire thing again... Or let me tag the guy @HRK. Bhai Ji help out a lil here

It wasn't us who backed out of the IPI in the first place ! It was india that backed out under US pressure or maybe your domestic politics!

dumbass read the UNCLOS articles 58 about the continental shelf and "consent" required from the coastal state... Continental shelf isn't a "political" boundary ..

I can "rape" you with that stats alone... Cibsidering you are the poorest state kb the world map and the back shittiest wet sanitation and clean water etc... So stop whining.

Is that why you monkeys were jumping in that UAE thread?

Your new found arab husbands have been banned from hunting... (They were issues licsense in the past).

We are the second largest shia country which has had several shia military chiefs Aswell as head of state .. A country at war... What's your accuse ? You monkeys are gang raping,hacking and killing eachother not just in the basis of religion but also caste and creed ! . So STFU.

is that why india loaned her territory to US to spy on China? Is that why Singaporeans have a base in india?

Lmao.. We just backed off from Yemen conflict,Bought weapons from Russia,Held military ex with KSA,started work on IPP,improved ties with US... Offered Iran to join CPEC and more... How's your bitching and moaning about isolating PAKISTAN working?

Yeah. Got droned. Got poached. Got paid. Once, everything is over you come and say oh we have stopped. Point is your country with less than 20% of the total population of India is unable to solve its sanitation problem, while we pull out 50% of the size of your population from poverty every decade. Your army was rented out to the Americans. Your Army then got bombed by the Americans. Your foreign policy is now follow China. That is the only difference. Tell me compared to our bringing out a 100 Million people from poverty in one decade, what have you achived? Even after renting out your army, letting foreigners kill your wild life. Admit it, your country will now move to a higher level. Toll booth operator. That is what it is capable of.

I repeat there have been no Shia-Sunni riots on a scale anywhere close to the anti-Muslim riots in India.
By riots it means one neighborhood against the other.
The majority in most cases start hunting down the minority citizens....hacking them and raping there women just like what happened in Gujarat.
In Pakistan there have been terror attacks against the Shia community not mass scale riots.

Let us stop this, my friend. My apologies. Hopefully, with the killing of the head of the LeJ, things will get better. Cheers!

I see,

is there a mechanism in place w.r.t delineation approval process from the coastal state?

Several parts of the UNCLOS clearly state that the coastal state cannot impede or stop a pipeline from going through the EEZ....so my question is can Pakistan keep rejecting a pipeline route (it is my understanding they can bring up environmental issues and resource exploitation issues) in perpetuity....or is there a firm dispute resolving process to firmly ask Pakistan the grounds for its dismissal of a proposed route and validating these grounds on the provisions given in UNCLOS (environment, pollution and resource harvesting)?

Either way, India might avoid such a dispute litigation altogether by doing a CBA of having the pipeline leave from Oman (and combine with parallel energy pipelines from the Middle East) and cut across the ocean bypassing this new extension of Pak EEZ as well.....when they do a full CBA of comparing with gas/oil tanker transport instead.

An extended route in my estimate will be about 33% longer anyway*....might still be easily economically feasible especially if an additional source or two are added from other middle east nations (in say separate oil pipeline or combined gas).

I shall look up prices later when I got some time (pipeline laying submarine and overland CAPEX + OPEX)...or if someone can do it in the meantime I will be much obliged.

*New route if bypass needed in red, old route in black (roughly):

pipeline.jpg

Back
Top Bottom