What's new

Assocham wants India to bypass Pakistan for gas pipeline with Iran

@Daneshmand, here in lies the problem. Let's not get in belittling others. When we were not grabbed by the neck by half the worlds power, we too provided help to Muslim world as far away as Bosnia without an expectation of returning favour. Things have been tough in the past decade and a half and we don't have the cushion of natural resources so we could not do what we had done in the past. We too have been left to fend for ourselves and the wiser grown up people are looking at strengthening the country from within instead of cursing others. To add to that, our love for our brothers even now has not diminished and the surveys conducted by PEW and others are a testament to that.

@Daneshmand, here in lies the problem. Let's not get in belittling others. When we were not grabbed by the neck by half the worlds power, we too provided help to Muslim world as far away as Bosnia without an expectation of returning favour. Things have been tough in the past decade and a half and we don't have the cushion of natural resources so we could not do what we had done in the past. We too have been left to fend for ourselves and the wiser grown up people are looking at strengthening the country from within instead of cursing others. To add to that, our love for our brothers even now has not diminished and the surveys conducted by PEW and others are a testament to that.

That is indeed the case. If you look at your own history, you will find the same lessons which I enumerated above, apply to you too. Muslims have never been and can never be allies. Love for others on individual level is a humane thing and is reflected in those polls. Basically at the end it comes to this common sense gem: "if you are too weak to even be of any help to yourself, how can you be of any help to others or of any use in an alliance?". Muslims are in a sorry state of affairs and let's not create lies here about Muslim "power" or "alliances". That would be a load of BS.

I would like to add one more thing. For all our short comings we have not taken sides in the conflicts within the Muslim world. Be it Iran-Iraq war, be it the current mess in Syria/Iraq or the recent Yemen crisis.

That is indeed the case. If you look at your own history, you will find the same lessons which I enumerated above, apply to you too. Muslims have never been and can never be allies. Love for others on individual level is a humane thing and is reflected in those polls. Basically at the end it comes to this common sense gem: "if you are too weak to even be of any help to yourself, how can you be of any help to others or of any use in an alliance?". Muslims are in a sorry state of affairs and let's not create lies here about Muslim "power" or "alliances". That would be a load of BS.

Indeed, but that does not mean that we should make it a point to be hostile where there is no need to be hostile. Case in point being the potential of economic cooperation that both our countries have. Some people agitated by wrong that have been done to their countries by others have become locked in a hostile attitude against each other, although it's not warranted at all.

Indeed, but that does not mean that we should make it a point to be hostile where there is no need to be hostile. Case in point being the potential of economic cooperation that both our countries have. Some people agitated by wrong that have been done to their countries by others have become locked in a hostile attitude against each other, although it's not warranted at all.

I was not being hostile. I was just being straight forward truthful. And my reply was in support of the argument brought up by Dr @haman10 itself in reply to a disrespectful and hostile poster trying to degrade Iranians and even use "takfir" on Iran. You can check the thread above if you are interested. I just brought the full of weight of the truth to bear on the thread so that the baloney of certain comments do not get passed on as the "truth".

I was not being hostile. I was just being straight forward truthful. And my reply was in support of the argument brought up by Dr @haman10 itself in reply to a disrespectful and hostile poster trying to degrade Iranians and even use "takfir" on Iran. You can check the thread above if you are interested. I just brought the full of weight of the truth to bear on the thread so that the baloney of certain comments do not get passed on as the "truth".

I was not refering to your post. I was talking in general sense.

Look bilal , you've got little idea of how average Iranian feels about Pakistan . i've said it many times and i say it again , Iran is still touched by Jinah's vision and you might think i'm exaggerating . my father still has his books about him from 1980s . maybe i can take a pic from them and post it later .

this is not about average Iranian or Pakistani . many people in this forum know me and most of them might think that i hate pakistan for my comments . buts thats far far away from the truth . i hold pakistan dear in my heart (i've got nothing to prove and i am indeed a free man and i say what i feel - time has proved that to old members ) but i cannot possibly tolerate any sectarian hate against shia muslims that is indeed spewed on a big scale on this forum . it has nothing to do with Iran , it has to do with sectarianism and racism (in regards to arab and some turk members) .

i'm not a saint myself and i've been a jerk where it really was no need to be , but i was never ever bias towards someone because of their race or religion and i hold pride in that .

this forum's pakistani members have shown mostly disgust and hate towards us Iranians and we quite frankly , don't need to take it .

name 1 thread in which Pakistanis have been nice to Iranians and Iranians have acted like a jerk . the opposite has many examples as you are well aware .

That would only be true in case of a war. Very unlikely in other conditions. In a war, a lot of things are going to be targeted anyways. The alternative of a pipeline through Pakistan might just find itself turned off or blown up by some "militants" every time India doesn't jump.....

Exactly! It is a lot easier for Pakistan to turn the tap off in case of IPI without even raising hackles. Besides, Pakistan is also very good at using non-state actors to blow the whole thing up even without any real war - just to send a message to India.

But any attack on this gas pipeline in international waters will be construed as a hostile action, practically equivalent to an attack on maritime asset in international waters and will therefore be retaliated.

It would also make it impossible for Pakistanis to claim the hand of 'non-state' actors which is so easy in case of IPI.

When they split the legs of Sudan wide open and put it under sanctions and broke a territory off of it, Sudanese did not go to Saudis or to Russians or to Pakistan. They ran to Iran for help. And Iran did provide whatever it could for example train wagons, locomotives, medical assistance, military equipment and commercial trade etc in order to save Sudan from complete collapse which was the aim of Western countries. As soon as the situation got a bit better, Sudanese left Iranian "alliance". Similar is the case with Palestinians. As is with many others.

You're talking about an Arab supremacist state which engaged in ethnic cleansing for crying out loud. Well congratulations! You helped a rogue state! Iran's now some mutated, bearded Frankenstein version of the United States which backs isolated third-world states and rag tag militias who spend their time wailing about the Jews. What strikes me as hilarious is how you're now mourning over the fact they left the Iranian alliance. Iran was backing a terrorist organisation and rogue regime. Were they expecting loyalty from folks who slaughter others and bomb buildings as a past-time? I mean, I've seen plenty of Iranians warning Saudis or Turks of the dangers of doing what they're currently doing. What, Iran is immune from all this back-stabbing?

this is not about average Iranian or Pakistani . many people in this forum know me and most of them might think that i hate pakistan for my comments . buts thats far far away from the truth . i hold pakistan dear in my heart (i've got nothing to prove and i am indeed a free man and i say what i feel - time has proved that to old members ) but i cannot possibly tolerate any sectarian hate against shia muslims that is indeed spewed on a big scale on this forum . it has nothing to do with Iran , it has to do with sectarianism and racism (in regards to arab and some turk members) .

You've got to be kidding me. This is not about sectarian hatred. If anything, you guys are obsessed with sectarianism. Just look at your own freaking foreign policy. You guys are protecting a Shi'ite dominated regime in Syria, assisting a Shi'ite militia in Yemen, crying for Shi'ite protesters in Bahrain and at the same time, you have the gall to claim that it's the rest of the world which is being influenced by Shi'ite haters. Where the hell are you coming from? I know it's easier to cover your ears and scream, "Wahabi! Salafist! Shi'ite Hater! Saudi-puppet!" when hearing criticism, but do you really think the words coming out are true?

@Daneshmand
You've got to understand, this power you've been handed isn't for dishing out -ive ratings to posts you don't like because they don't support the Iranian narrative.

@Daneshmand
You've got to understand, this power you've been handed isn't for dishing out -ive ratings to posts you don't like because they don't support the Iranian narrative.

Oh, I fully do. You get that rating for branding a nation "supermacist terrorist", just because you support the narrative of West over the issue. When you bring in such stereotypical and might even I say bigoted and prejudiced labeling of others, then you get such a rating. If you are respectful in your disagreements and put up an argument instead of name calling, then you might even get a positive rating for it.

Try harder next time.

4 billion is not expensive for us

You're talking about an Arab supremacist state which engaged in ethnic cleansing for crying out loud. Well congratulations! You helped a rogue state! Iran's now some mutated, bearded Frankenstein version of the United States which backs isolated third-world states and rag tag militias who spend their time wailing about the Jews. What strikes me as hilarious is how you're now mourning over the fact they left the Iranian alliance. Iran was backing a terrorist organisation and rogue regime. Were they expecting loyalty from folks who slaughter others and bomb buildings as a past-time? I mean, I've seen plenty of Iranians warning Saudis or Turks of the dangers of doing what they're currently doing. What, Iran is immune from all this back-stabbing?

You've got to be kidding me. This is not about sectarian hatred. If anything, you guys are obsessed with sectarianism. Just look at your own freaking foreign policy. You guys are protecting a Shi'ite dominated regime in Syria, assisting a Shi'ite militia in Yemen, crying for Shi'ite protesters in Bahrain and at the same time, you have the gall to claim that it's the rest of the world which is being influenced by Shi'ite haters. Where the hell are you coming from? I know it's easier to cover your ears and scream, "Wahabi! Salafist! Shi'ite Hater! Saudi-puppet!" when hearing criticism, but do you really think the words coming out are true?

@Daneshmand

It just take a bitter truth for iranians to come out of their humble shell and show their real self

Oh, I fully do. You get that rating for branding a nation "supermacist terrorist", just because you support the narrative of West over the issue. When you bring in such stereotypical and might even I say bigoted and prejudiced labeling of others, then you get such a rating. If you are respectful in your disagreements and put up an argument instead of name calling, then you might even get a positive rating for it.

Try harder next time.
Pakistanis are mostly positive about iran this can be backed up through polls

But our views about india are clear and you cannot expect us to stand by and allow a mortal enemy acess to oil or gas through or near our sea zones

Try harder next time.

What the heck? This whole genocide in Sudan which resulted in 400,000 deaths and 2.5 million displaced...nothing more than a Western conspiracy? Agh, silly me! Once again, bamboozled by those sneaky Westerners trying to make me hate some insignificant third-world state for no particular reason.

Pakistanis are mostly positive about iran this can be backed up through polls

But our views about india are clear and you cannot expect us to stand by and allow a mortal enemy acess to oil or gas through or near our sea zones

Pakistan's positive view on Iran dropped by if you check the PEW polls. Only a few years ago we used to be around 70% but now we've dropped to 50%. I doubt it will be going any higher any time soon.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom