What's new

Ask Israeli Defence Forces member totach7 anything

@totach7

Question: In regards to the Palestinian issue, do you believe in the "two state solution", a separate and independent and viable Palestinian state with full sovereignty living alongside Israel...

Second Question: What do you think of Ariel Sharon? Do you admire him?

Of course its a derogatory term. It has always been a derogatory term because in Islam, a non-believer is by default inferior to a believer.

Kafir (Arabic: كافر kāfir; plural كفّار kuffār) is an Arabic word meaning "rejecter" or "ingrate" and refers to someone ungrateful towards Allah.

Kafir - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I beg to differ.

Kafir simply means one who does not submit to Islam sort of similar to Gentiles as used in the Christian scriptures. Its been considered derogatory by those on the receiving end of it because of the way its been used by some Muslims. Usually this perception of it being derogatory is voiced by Hindus who hear about it without understanding what the actual meaning is.

All of the religions of world have a term for those who do not embrace the religion in question. In light of this, Kafir is the term used by Islam to define one who denies the message of Islam. It has no derogatory meaning.

Its simply a case of term to describe one who has not submitted to the Oneness of the Almighty and to the belief that Muhammad (pbuh) is the seal of all Prophethood.

I beg to differ.

Kafir simply means one who does not submit to Islam sort of similar to Gentiles as used in the Christian scriptures. Its been considered derogatory by those on the receiving end of it because of the way its been used by some Muslims. Usually this perception of it being derogatory is voiced by Hindus who hear about it without understanding what the actual meaning is.

All of the religions of world have a term for those who do not embrace the religion in question. In light of this, Kafir is the term used by Islam to define one who denies the message of Islam. It has no derogatory meaning.

Its simply a case of term to describe one who has not submitted to the Oneness of the Almighty and to the belief that Muhammad (pbuh) is the seal of all Prophethood.

Actually Kafir means someone who worships an idol. Like we say in Urdu "Buth Parasat". The term was coined after people of Makkah who use to worship idols in Ka'aba, and were called "Kuffar-e-Makkah" - The Kafirs of Makkah.

The point to note: Makkah had Christians as well as Jews along with the Idol Worshippers. The Jews and Christians are termed as "Yahud-un-Nisara" where the rest were called Kafirs (disbelievers).

As Qur'an says: Qul Ya Ayyuhal Kaafirun, La Aabud-o-ma-Taabidoon, Walaa An'tum Aabidoona ma Aabud - O disbelievers, Neither do I worship what you worship, Nor do you worship Whom I worship.

So it's not derogatory at all, unless and until someone is super insensitive. It's simply the name of a group of idol/diety worshippers.

Ya quite natural.
People are well capabale at PDF to reciprocate the things.

He already has received quite a warm welcome, or i may say the warmest of all. i m not being sarcatic here.
Just see who else has got that much of a response at his intro.

Wow, racist!
Are we talking blacks and whites and Shudar and Brahmin here???

And as far as the experience is concerned we are just asking him simple questions and we expect him to respond to them.
A few examples can be:-
The reasons behind israeli expansion, the war,etc etc nothing else.so chill

Yes he is alone and we are many so obviously thing can get heat up due to the frustration, that's natural, but if an improper response is received it willbe reciprocated at the very first opportunity.:partay: No hard feelings and please dont take it as a threat!!
[/QUOTE]

Enigma,

I will share with you what I know about turning the other cheek. It is not a part of christianity---they have made it up.

You see, people are slapped on the face in a different manner in different cultures.

In the pakistani indian culture---we have an open palm slap---which mean---we we hold a palm horizontally and bring it to the face of the bearer palm first.

But in middle east---the area that christ lived---the practise was a backhanded slap----basically a hand was raised---in this case---a right hand raised towards left shoulder----palm facing the shoulders and knucles facing outwards---when the bearer was slapped the motion came from across the body of the person slapping---the knuckles hitting the the face of the bearer---.

Also---the rich people---the kings---queens---people of higher status didnot use open palm as slap---they used back handed slaps---as was the middle eastern tradition.

Now----none of us want to be slapped by anyone----be it christ---Moses or Muhammad. So, in order to not be slapped----the person being hit---would turn his face towards the backhanded slap----in that case---the knucles of the person slapping would possibly hit the chin of the bearrer or the lips or teeth---the impact would be equally or more painful to the persons knuckles when the knuckles hit the chin bone or hit the teeth ( the back of the knuckles would be lacerated if it hit the teeth ) if the mouth was open.

So----literally it is a myth created by our christian brother of turning the other cheek.

As a matter of fact---eye for eye---is the biblical law practised by the jews---and the christians---

Totach, Tell me, abour sabra and Shatila. I mean, why were the phalagists allowed a free run? Were you there? I mean didnt it bring in a real big black dot on the IDFs ability to protect the innocent civilians? Or is there a version to it that we havent heard? Plz do explain.

Enigma,

I will share with you what I know about turning the other cheek. It is not a part of christianity---they have made it up.

You see, people are slapped on the face in a different manner in different cultures.

In the pakistani indian culture---we have an open palm slap---which mean---we we hold a palm horizontally and bring it to the face of the bearer palm first.

But in middle east---the area that christ lived---the practise was a backhanded slap----basically a hand was raised---in this case---a right hand raised towards left shoulder----palm facing the shoulders and knucles facing outwards---when the bearer was slapped the motion came from across the body of the person slapping---the knuckles hitting the the face of the bearer---.

Also---the rich people---the kings---queens---people of higher status didnot use open palm as slap---they used back handed slaps---as was the middle eastern tradition.

Now----none of us want to be slapped by anyone----be it christ---Moses or Muhammad. So, in order to not be slapped----the person being hit---would turn his face towards the backhanded slap----in that case---the knucles of the person slapping would possibly hit the chin of the bearrer or the lips or teeth---the impact would be equally or more painful to the persons knuckles when the knuckles hit the chin bone or hit the teeth ( the back of the knuckles would be lacerated if it hit the teeth ) if the mouth was open.

So----literally it is a myth created by our christian brother of turning the other cheek.

As a matter of fact---eye for eye---is the biblical law practised by the jews---and the christians---

Well, thanx for the wisdom. It is appreciated.

The point of concern in my post referred by you was not regarding the 'slap' thing, but what i wanted to say was that if some one thinks that he can harm Islam or a Muslim as he pleases (just because he the thinks that Muslims are peace loving and don't like hit back and he also considers Muslims as weak because he believes that a Muslim will never reply in the same coins) is profoundly mistaken.

As far as the slap thing was concerned it was just an example.

Now for the 'eye foe an eye" statement:

"An eye for an eye" is part of a Qur'anic verse that mentions the law that God had revealed in the Torah:

*{And We ordained for them in that [Torah]: A life for a life, and an eye for an eye, and a nose for a nose, and an ear for an ear, and a tooth for a tooth, and a [similar] retribution for wounds;}* (Al-Ma'idah 5:45)

This is a verse. However, it is incorrect for an individual Muslim to take an action related to a legal matter only based on one evidence (such as a verse from the Qur'an or a hadith of the Prophet — peace be upon him). An action cannot be decided unless all verses and hadiths related to the topic are put in one context.

Generally speaking, if we put all the scripts related to punishments for crimes, in other words, Islamic criminal law, we will learn the following guidelines:

1. Criminal rulings are to be applied by a government and never by individuals. If we leave it up to individuals to apply the Islamic law, society will become chaotic. Thus, it is prohibited for an individual Muslim to apply such laws on his or her own, even if the government falls short in applying such laws, from that individual's point of view.

2. The application of punishments in the Islamic law is always subject to a long list of conditions before this punishment is applied. A judge cannot have a shadow of doubt as he or she sentences a suspect with a punishment. That is why circumstantial evidences are not enough in cases of murder and similar major offences that fall under punishments.

3. The punishment that is prescribed in the Qur'an, which scholars call a hadd, is usually a maximum sentence that a judge could use if the circumstances of the crime dictate that.

So in short it can be said that no Muslim is supposed to take matters in his own hands but at the same time it is also wrong to think that he will not reciprocate if he is bothered, hit or harmed, as a member on this forum was syggesting i.e replying back or for that matter taking revenge is NOt "banned' in Islam, but it is also not very much advisable.

Now one more thing as far as the revenge thing is concerned, Islam does command the Muslims to repel evil with good and to forgive and forget, but Islam also on the other hand, prohibits the Muslims from being hypocrites!
If you, for instance, come and slap me on the face, then Islam, like Christianity, commands me to forgive you. But if I find you, for instance, hitting and hurting people every single day, then Islam commands me to fight you and stop you also!
i hope i was able to put my point across.
Chill

Totach, Tell me, abour sabra and Shatila. I mean, why were the phalagists allowed a free run? Were you there? I mean didnt it bring in a real big black dot on the IDFs ability to protect the innocent civilians? Or is there a version to it that we havent heard? Plz do explain.

Sabra Shatila is a black dot for us although the massacre by the Falangist
Christiens
I was in Nabatia in the south

I think Israel made few big mistakes back in 82.
first we had to leave Lebanon as soon as we drove Araffat and his 15000 men
second we created the Hizzballa in our own hands by not realizing
that the Shiates Muslims were treated very bad by the Christian in Lebanon
for decades and that we be better off giving them the power back in 82

Sabra Shatila is a black dot for us although the massacre by the Falangist
Christiens
I was in Nabatia in the south

I think Israel made few big mistakes back in 82.
first we had to leave Lebanon as soon as we drove Araffat and his 15000 men
second we created the Hizzballa in our own hands by not realizing
that the Shiates Muslims were treated very bad by the Christian in Lebanon
for decades and that we be better off giving them the power back in 82
You are a sensible man, Just like the Other Israelis I know. Yasir Arafat was the Most Corrupt Leader in the Middle East, I know he is dead, But I had to say it. He was a total failure and I wouldnt hesitate to call him a petty thief!

I feel Israel should stop flexing its muscle and stop causing hardship to Innocent Civilians. The more it does, more terrorists are born, not only in palestine, but world Over. I am a person who feels life is too important a thing to just kill off. I value Israeli and Palestenian Life Equally. These are matter that can be talked out and Israel can come to lasting peace, I feel.

Lastly, I am a Big Merkava fan! I just love that Tank! How does it measure up against the T90?? And I hear there is an export variant of Merkava, do you think The Merkava can suit Indian Terrain, Climate and Needs??

You are a sensible man, Just like the Other Israelis I know. Yasir Arafat was the Most Corrupt Leader in the Middle East, I know he is dead, But I had to say it. He was a total failure and I wouldnt hesitate to call him a petty thief!

I feel Israel should stop flexing its muscle and stop causing hardship to Innocent Civilians. The more it does, more terrorists are born, not only in palestine, but world Over. I am a person who feels life is too important a thing to just kill off. I value Israeli and Palestenian Life Equally. These are matter that can be talked out and Israel can come to lasting peace, I feel.

Lastly, I am a Big Merkava fan! I just love that Tank! How does it measure up against the T90?? And I hear there is an export variant of Merkava, do you think The Merkava can suit Indian Terrain, Climate and Needs??

i shuld say, arab countries shuld provide israelis will all gold and wealth they want, and a blank chaque and help them establish their sanctuary anywhere in the world(like vetican) except muslim lands, perhaps in india, oohh yaah india, for the sake of holy land and ofcourse holy cow and let them do wht ever they want in their 2 inch land, roaming wearing black caps, chanting "this is our land", no body will give them a fcuk!!!and islote them and let them roam with tank in their "holy land" and trying killing every thing that comes infront of them!!!, and let them live in "peace", hey israelis, stop ur drama and rest in peace forever!!, v esp the muslims dont give u a fcuk!!!, the more the muslims ignore them, more the better and stop calling them "people of the book"!!, they shuld be rather called "people to be ignored". hitler shuld have bore the word "dont give them a fcuk, dont bother them, if they come near u, give away ur property and all made of gold to them and move away from that place", then they shuld have been happy!!!! and ofcourse, by huge machines, take away their "holy wall" and the holy dome of rock or the hidden holy treasures or holy jerusalem sand or wht ever they consider holy to their holy sanctuary. just for sake of long term peace

it were muslims who sheltered them in spain, in middle east in ottoman empire, for what, for the fact "people of the book", for the sake of humanity, well if it was for the sake of humanity, they shuld have given them shelter in deep dark places of africa, just to learn from history, the troubles they create, people who dont even spare their own prophets!!!

Last edited:

OK
Thanks for your post
As I said before ,I live in Haifa which is mixed Arab and Jews
we live in good relationship on daily base , most Arabs in Israel
are against Hammas for they say out clear that they want to destroy
the Jewish state , so even the Palastinians in the the west bank
and the Israeli Arabs gave up on that.

we agreed on a 2 states solution ....whats wrong with that?

The point is that always there someone from inside or outside the Palestinian
society who think they can wipe us from the map.
We want peace
I dont think any member in Pakistan or outside would be ready
to live under 30 seconds missile alert. The Hammas is firing stupid missiles
with no aim but killing anywhere anytime.
Leaders like Mahsaal in Damascus are ready to fight to the last man in gazza
while they sleep well in Syria

OK
Thanks for your post
As I said before ,I live in Haifa which is mixed Arab and Jews
we live in good relationship on daily base , most Arabs in Israel
are against Hammas for they say out clear that they want to destroy
the Jewish state , so even the Palastinians in the the west bank
and the Israeli Arabs gave up on that.

we agreed on a 2 states solution ....whats wrong with that?

The point is that always there someone from inside or outside the Palestinian
society who think they can wipe us from the map.
We want peace
I dont think any member in Pakistan or outside would be ready
to live under 30 seconds missile alert. The Hammas is firing stupid missiles
with no aim but killing anywhere anytime.
Leaders like Mahsaal in Damascus are ready to fight to the last man in gazza
while they sleep well in Syria
I know 30 sec missile alert is horrific! Dead Bodies of Children piled up is equally Horrific! I am happy to see Indo Israeli Ties growing and am Happy to see many Israelis visiting my Home state in india. But I feel sad thinking of the Palestenians, Not because they are Muslims But Because I see them as flesh and blood, as Humans. I feel they deserve better than blockade.

The Muslims world Is to be blamed equally for creating such a situation by waging Stupid wars they couldnt win! Lack of Logic plagues the Muslim world as usual.

i shuld say, arab countries shuld provide israelis will all gold and wealth they want, and a blank chaque and help them establish their sanctuary anywhere in the world(like vetican) except muslim lands, perhaps in india, oohh yaah india, for the sake of holy land and ofcourse holy cow and let them do wht ever they want in their 2 inch land, roaming wearing black caps, chanting "this is our land", no body will give them a fcuk!!!and islote them and let them roam with tank in their "holy land" and trying killing every thing that comes infront of them!!!, and let them live in "peace", hey israelis, stop ur drama and rest in peace forever!!, v esp the muslims dont give u a fcuk!!!, the more the muslims ignore them, more the better and stop calling them "people of the book"!!, they shuld be rather called "people to be ignored". hitler shuld have bore the word "dont give them a fcuk, dont bother them, if they come near u, give away ur property and all made of gold to them and move away from that place", then they shuld have been happy!!!! and ofcourse, by huge machines, take away their "holy wall" and the holy dome of rock or the hidden holy treasures or holy jerusalem sand or wht ever they consider holy to their holy sanctuary. just for sake of long term peace

From earlier posts I thought it is better to ignore you but
YOU ARE SMALL NAZI how can a true muslim support nazi ideas
oh yes you are not the first the Muffti of Jerusalem in 1948 went to meet Hitler

http://idf-armor.blogspot.com/

Last edited:
You are Demented beyond Recognition! You go onto prove that Muslims are just blabber mouths who shoot of their mouths for no rhyme or reason! For once, Cant you counter someone with a bit of Logic? Atleast an iota of logic???? God Speed.

look, i dont want further blood shed in the region for the foolish reason of being holy. as they dont belong to this land, they shuld find way out peacefully and as they r greedy abt wealth, give them wealth and help establish a peaceful place and peacefully rest their choas and troubles, alright!!, for the sake of humanity remember!!!

and for personal attack, i report ur post

and second, the word u used, shows, how pathically ill u ppl r, who dont love humanity

Last edited:
From earlier posts I thought it is better to ignore you but
YOU ARE SMALL NAZI how can a true muslim support nazi ideas
oh yes you are not the first the Muffti of Jerusalem in 1948 went to meet Hitler
I suggest you Ignore such posts, as it will be counter productive. Now tell me, about the T90 and Merkava, how do they both compare?

it were muslims who sheltered them in spain, in middle east in ottoman empire, for what, for the fact "people of the book", for the sake of humanity, well if it was for the sake of humanity, they shuld have given them shelter in deep dark places of africa, just to learn for history, the troubles they create, people who dont ever their own prophets!!!

you are funny mate!
you know i came across an american post somewhere which described how the peace loving arabs of the middle-east transformed into the war-mongering jihadis who were lead by salahuddin(saladin) of egypt against the armies of the europe...it summed'p by saying that...though the arabs were the most advaned culture of the time...due to war being thrust on them from all sides...they had to become violent to save their culture and identity and lost their cause for developing as a scientific culture.i believe that the israelis face a similar situation...instead of sharpening their swords as the arabs did...they are manufacturing and researching some of the world's most amazing techs....battle for survival mate.you can justify it or condemn it...it's the question of survival.

Back
Top Bottom