What's new

Ask Israeli Defence Forces member totach7 anything

He hey hey, hold the horse right there.
Please don't tell us who accepts who and what is acceptable in Islam. We know it well!!

We are Muslims not Christians(with due respect to Christianity). We respect i repeat RESPECT all the religions, Prophets, messengers sent by Allah. But at the same time we also strongly believe that every individual is responsible for the insult brought to him. If someone is asking for some bashing we give him (i m not referring to anybody here please, just telling you how it goes about) but at the same time forgiving is the noblest thing a Muslim can do.

As i said earlier that we are Muslims not Christians(with due respect to the brothers following Jesus Christ). It is in Christianity to forgive and make available the other cheek if someone slaps you. Islam says an Eye for Eye and a tooth for tooth BUT at the same time forgiving is also a must provided you want to. So please dont mix up the things.

And no one hates no one, okay!!!
No one hates No One! Who is no one? Prove It! Then talk! I didnt teach Islam to any of the Muslims here because Many of them Consider me to be a "Kafir" and an enemy of Allah! I was telling it out to people, who wanted to listen.

Its not fair ganging up on someone, Thats what I wanted to say. Ponder Over.... A Lot!

No one hates No One! Who is no one? Prove It! Then talk! I didnt teach Islam to any of the Muslims here because Many of them Consider me to be a "Kafir" and an enemy of Allah! I was telling it out to people, who wanted to listen.

Its not fair ganging up on someone, Thats what I wanted to say. Ponder Over.... A Lot!

A kafir is a term that simple means non believer. It is not to be used in a deragatory way, nor is it meant to be a term of hatred.

Now if someone hates kafirs, or if some hindu hates muslims, or some catholic person hates evangelicals, it is a manifestation of their own prejudices, rather than the teaching of any religion.

A kafir is a term that simple means non believer. It is not to be used in a deragatory way, nor is it meant to be a term of hatred.

Now if someone hates kafirs, or if some hindu hates muslims, or some catholic person hates evangelicals, it is a manifestation of their own prejudices, rather than the teaching of any religion.

Of course its a derogatory term. It has always been a derogatory term because in Islam, a non-believer is by default inferior to a believer.

Kafir (Arabic: كافر kāfir; plural كفّار kuffār) is an Arabic word meaning "rejecter" or "ingrate" and refers to someone ungrateful towards Allah.

Kafir - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Of course its a derogatory term. It has always been a derogatory term because in Islam, a non-believer is by default inferior to a believer.

Kafir (Arabic: كافر kāfir; plural كفّار kuffār) is an Arabic word meaning "rejecter" or "ingrate" and refers to someone ungrateful towards Allah.

mufti sahab. i don't know what inferiority you are talking about.

The Hindus describe muslims as Maleech, and caste less, and fundamentally inferior.

rejector, ingrate, maybe...inferior is not one of kafir's meanings.

I will repeat myself again, the word Kafir is not intended as an offensive, or derogatory term.

But if you chose to ignore what a muslims says he means by this word, and are hell bent on finding offense in it, be my guest.

I Think Kafir simply means Non Believers. Atleast thats what I know.

mufti sahab. i don't know what inferiority you are talking about.
The Hindus describe muslims as Maleech, and caste less, and fundamentally inferior.
rejector, ingrate, maybe...inferior is not one of its meanings, though.

Haha...comeon. Rejecter, Ingrate, isn't that enough? You telling me that a "rejector of allah" and "ungrateful to allah" would not be construed in a negative manner? Who are you kidding bhai?

And even if it wasn't meant to be a derogatory term (which is a rather hard thing to prove), its usage is almost always in a derogatory fashion.

And yes, sanskrit texts also describe the "barbarians" as "mleccha", though I'll be damned if I've heard that word used by anyone in India today.

I'd be very offended if a Christian referred to me as an "infidel". Infact, I'd be surprised if your average Christian used that term. But Kaffir is still a much used word among muslims.

Last edited:
Kafir comes from the root word of Kufr. Kufr basically means to cover something, or hide something. Thus those who hide from God, are comitting kufr, and hence the word kafir.

The word kufr can also be used about muslims, as in so and so muslim is comitting kufr. This is called kufr asghar or kufr dhooni kufrin. The prophet has reportedly said, lying and many other actions a muslim might do as being kufr.

So the words kufr and kafir are not derogatory in essence, rather they are descriptive.

Now if some muslims is prejudiced against non muslims, then teh word kafir can be a derogatory term. Just as the word Hindu, Jew and Muslim can be a derogatory term for someone who uses these words in hate.

Anyways, lets drop it. If you refuse to see that the word has negative connotations, then there's no poing arguing over it.

now who is derailing the thread and making muchli bazaar??, where is mastan aka masti khan

pakar ke laao, where r the mods :angry:

It could have been Sir, But That doesnt make It Made in Pakistan! Its basically a tank from Ukraine, and every Defence Entusiast/Army man is suppossed to know the make of MBTs serving in Hostile Countries in this case "pakistan" :)

So you really were in the IDF??? Were you in Lebanon anytime? I mean 82? 81? anytime? If so I got some questions for you! God Speed.

Pakistan is not hostile to Israel
I served in IDF Armor corps
I was in lebanon 82 83

what kind of tanks have you been on except merkava?

how would you compare merkava with Saudi M1A2 Abrams?

what kind of tanks have you been on except merkava?

how would you compare merkava with Saudi M1A2 Abrams?

I served on the Patton M48 a3 and later on the M 60 Magach
all the way as reservist Magach is steel in service

About the Abrams. I think it is one of the best in the world although
I think firing system needs to be upgraded

IDF ARMOR

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom