What's new

ASEAN breaks deadlock on South China Sea, Beijing thanks Cambodia for support

Last update 08:40 | 03/07/2016

China tells untruths about East Sea dispute

VietNamNet Bridge – China’s announcement of winning support from 60 countries in the East Sea (internationally known as the South China Sea) dispute has attracted the special attention of the international community. But then, the truth was revealed: China did not tell the truth.

20160701181957-1.jpg

China illegally builds artificial islands in the East Sea.

In a few more days, the Permanent Court of Arbitration (PCA) based in The Hague (Netherlands) will make a decision on the case of the Philippines against China concerning the regulation of entities in the East Sea.

The PCA will not decide on the ownership of these entities, but only the maritime rights for these entities. In addition to the legal impact of this decision, which is considered a cornerstone in the evolution of the East Sea disputes, the case is expected to favor Manila on almost every aspect and affect the prestige of China.

Right from the start, Beijing spent a lot of money to persuade, intimidate and entice countries inside and outside the region to support the view of China in the East Sea. They loudly said there was no need for an international organization to intervene in the dispute and the dispute should be resolved on the basis of bilateral negotiations.

It was not surprising as this bilateral approach is beneficial for China, which has a louder voice than the smaller and weaker claimants (like the Philippines).

However, many times China was exposed to fabricate evidence and tell lies; for example, the recent statement on who supports their views concerning the East Sea dispute.

In many cases, this country provided only general information after diplomatic meetings, saying that the countries they had met expressed support for China’s views in the East Sea, but failed to quote the words of any senior official.

A final ruling is expected soon from a tribunal at the Permanent Court of Arbitration in The Hague hearing Manila’s case against Beijing’s claims in the East Sea. How many countries recognize the decision as legally binding on both parties and call for it to be respected will determine its ultimate value, as international pressure is the court’s only enforcement mechanism.

In an effort to deflect that pressure, Chinese officials and state media have been trumpeting the number of countries that have voiced support for Beijing’s position that the tribunal lacks jurisdiction in the case and the ruling is therefore invalid.

In a recent press conference, when reporters asked how many countries supported the view of China, the spokesman of Chinese Foreign Ministry said 60, the number that a journalist had mentioned in a previous question. However, China cannot name these countries.

The Asia Maritime Transparency Initiative (AMTI), under the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), has recently published the results of a study to help clarify this.

AMTI has scoured publicly availableofficial statements in an effort to determine the real positions taken by countries. It has identified 60 countries that appear to be included in China’s list of supporters.

Of those, 8 have publicly confirmed their support, 4 have denied Beijing’s claim of support, and 48 have remained publicly silent or have issued statements that are considerably vaguer than indicated by China.

In contrast, 40 countries have voiced support for the arbitration proceedings, said the award will be legally binding, and/or called on China and the Philippines to respect it.

Support for China’s position is defined here as an explicit public statement that 1) the arbitral tribunal lacks jurisdiction or legitimacy; 2) the right of states to choose their own method of dispute resolution should be respected (and therefore compulsory dispute mechanisms such as the tribunal are invalid); or 3) the right of states to exempt certain types of disputes from compulsory settlement as provided for by article 298 of the UNCLOS should be respected (which China claims invalidates the arbitral proceedings because they actually touch upon boundary delimitation, from which it has exempted itself).

These are the main reasons that China will be concerned at the cost of credibility following the ruling of the PCA. Until now, only a few days before the trial, Beijing has still not received a public statement in favor.

http://english.vietnamnet.vn/fms/ma...na-tells-untruths-about-east-sea-dispute.html

When does Permanent Court of Arbitration become a UN backed organization?

On the contrary:

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/dipl...ed-nations-stresses-separation-hague-tribunal

Extract from it is:

"The Permanent Court of Arbitration rents space in the same building as the UN’s International Court of Justice, but the two organisations are not related"

In simple words UN has asked the parties not to mention it in so called SCS conflict's ruling of Hague tribunal. An early victory for China as UN has distanced itself from the issue. They tried to use the umbrella of UN for SCS issue against China but UN was quick enough to kick them out :p::p::p:.

@waz this is the post I was referring to, in fresh red. "communist and fascist is the same" within or beyongd the bounds?
This was not making academic research or debate, we have not met one "professional". Boldly paste a bashing opinion, then use vague concepts to prove it.

Your opinions in the thread are nothing. Not a opinion is yours, we can read similar opinion in the West paper, you are just a middle man of their propaganda.
You appear in China and Far east often, but can't provide some nutritive content or opinion referring to China relevant topics. You maybe a "professional" in other topics or South Indian block, in here your opinion looks like a pupil. Chinese middle school students have known the Great Leap and Cultural Revolution is wrong, you as a "professional" sell it very stupidly, this is your lesson.

I couldn't care less about western propaganda; you are more scared of it than any of us are fond of it. When I appear in China or Far East, there is no nutritive content entirely from your point of view; nutritive content in that point of view amounts to sycophantic adoration of every one of China's arrogant, high-handed actions. Naturally, any opposition to those actions reduces you to an incoherent fury, as we just saw. What opinion do we have about China relevant topics? Nothing, except to watch with admiration as you try to hijack an entire sea from the people of the world.

Just remember: just because everybody hates you, don't give up.

Some ASEAN countries can keep crying but nothing will change.
The dispute in spratly islands which claim by Malaysia, Brunei, Vietnam and Philippines, we can't even settle among ourselves and someone try to counter China? Keep dreaming...
All are third world countries with third world mentality, always hoping others (hint: world police) to help them instead of using their brain.

On the contrary:

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/dipl...ed-nations-stresses-separation-hague-tribunal

Extract from it is:

"The Permanent Court of Arbitration rents space in the same building as the UN’s International Court of Justice, but the two organisations are not related"

In simple words UN has asked the parties not to mention it in so called SCS conflict's ruling of Hague tribunal. An early victory for China as UN has distanced itself from the issue. They tried to use the umbrella of UN for SCS issue against China but UN was quick enough to kick them out :p::p::p:.
Because the UN have its own mechanism for settling international dispute -- the International Court of Justice.

That does not mean the PCA have no moral and philosophical ties to the UN when it comes to negotiating inter-states disputes. If there are disputes, pacific resolutions are preferable and if the PCA can provide legal leadership that can lead to those final resolutions, then states are encouraged to do so.

On the other hand, the ICJ can, through its rulings, call upon the enforcement mechanisms of the UN, as much as possible, that can rise all the way up to the Security Council. This is the concern from the UN that somehow the SCS dispute can legally be cast upon the UN.

Because the UN have its own mechanism for settling international dispute -- the International Court of Justice.

That does not mean the PCA have no moral and philosophical ties to the UN when it comes to negotiating inter-states disputes. If there are disputes, pacific resolutions are preferable and if the PCA can provide legal leadership that can lead to those final resolutions, then states are encouraged to do so.

On the other hand, the ICJ can, through its rulings, call upon the enforcement mechanisms of the UN, as much as possible, that can rise all the way up to the Security Council. This is the concern from the UN that somehow the SCS dispute can legally be cast upon the UN.

Its a kind of complicated matter and UN wud only want to be involved in it as last resort when parties present any resolution in UN for the settlement of the issue. Because any ruling of the UN usually ends up in sanctions for the non abiding parties. Till then UN wud never want itself to be associated with any ruling in this regards.

why is this so difficult to understand? or is it that you are not allowed to accept the superiority of democracy over communism?

All animals eat sleep reproduce play and die. What separates human beings from the other animals is their ability to develop their minds and create things of joyous pleasure. This can only happen when the mind is free. Communism dictatorship and other forms of tyranny rob the human beings of this very basic identity that makes them human. You are not allowed to be human!

BTW such authoritarianism is not the only way freedom can be lost. Many Indians live in a state of fear for next meal or next mistreatment by some elite idiot.

We in the US have lost freedom as well to barbaric terrorism at the hands of islamic terrorists.

None of this is desirable. But poverty and hunger can be overcome. Terrorists are overcome. With creativity and motivation.

Are Chinese motivated or motivatable to get rid of communism and recover their humanity? Or are they doomed to accept the regression to pre homospaienhood?

Drama queen.

I should report your ignorant *** for calling Chinese sub human.

Democracy cannot work in China so quickly as the historical inertia of thousands of years of imperial authoritarian rule as well as a structured Confucian order is too ingrained in a mass of humanity.

The indian example is a perfect representation of failed democracy adopted too early by a population unqualified to elect the best candidate. If a population EVER elect the best candidate.

Its a kind of complicated matter and UN wud only want to be involved in it as last resort when parties present any resolution in UN for the settlement of the issue. Because any ruling of the UN usually ends up in sanctions for the non abiding parties. Till then UN wud never want itself to be associated with any ruling in this regards.
If the UN is the measure of last resort, that does not mean other measures, usually gradually to the that final measure, are not important.

Let us go lower. In any legal disputes, often the first attempt of resolution is arbitration. When I went thru my divorce, both of us used arbitration. We agreed that if the judge, and it was a judge, made a decision, we would abide by it. The reason we chose arbitration is because we want the divorce to be as quick as possible. The arbitration is on record and since this method was approved by the state government, the decision carries with it the stamp of approval from the state without involving the higher courts with possibly harsher decisions.

At the international level, there really is no higher authority. The UN relies solely on it members for any enforcement and if the members chose not to support it, there is nothing else the UN can do. Nevertheless, UN approval and disapproval carries high moral weight and sometimes members are legally obligated to support enforcement. Calling on Security Council members is not desirable, especially when any Permanent member can veto the entire council's decision. Difficult negotiations are always present, before and after the Council is called.

The PCA is that alternate where the UN would rather have disputes settled.

If the UN is the measure of last resort, that does not mean other measures, usually gradually to the that final measure, are not important.

Let us go lower. In any legal disputes, often the first attempt of resolution is arbitration. When I went thru my divorce, both of us used arbitration. We agreed that if the judge, and it was a judge, made a decision, we would abide by it. The reason we chose arbitration is because we want the divorce to be as quick as possible. The arbitration is on record and since this method was approved by the state government, the decision carries with it the stamp of approval from the state without involving the higher courts with possibly harsher decisions.

At the international level, there really is no higher authority. The UN relies solely on it members for any enforcement and if the members chose not to support it, there is nothing else the UN can do. Nevertheless, UN approval and disapproval carries high moral weight and sometimes members are legally obligated to support enforcement. Calling on Security Council members is not desirable, especially when any Permanent member can veto the entire council's decision. Difficult negotiations are always present, before and after the Council is called.

The PCA is that alternate where the UN would rather have disputes settled.
Hah nice try, but no dice. If you choose arbitration and your ex-wife said no, that arbitration is void especially if your wife doesn't recognize the authority of the arbitrator. In addition, arbitrators are supposed to be neutral and agreed on by both sides. That was not the case with this clown show.

The PCA is unaffiliated with UN and attempted to impose its nonexistent jurisdiction over UNCLOS. It attempted to rule on matter of sovereignty which UNCLOS specifically said it cannot. It ruled the largest island in SCS with its own fresh water supply, wildlife and human habitation as a "rock", which tells you how idiotic/biased these clowns are. Lastly, none of its decisions in history had ever been respected. That includes Japan, UK and Russia.

Philippines should try my S10 Super Court of Justice next time. It's just about as legit and I will charge them half the price.

I couldn't care less about western propaganda; you are more scared of it than any of us are fond of it. When I appear in China or Far East, there is no nutritive content entirely from your point of view; nutritive content in that point of view amounts to sycophantic adoration of every one of China's arrogant, high-handed actions. Naturally, any opposition to those actions reduces you to an incoherent fury, as we just saw. What opinion do we have about China relevant topics? Nothing, except to watch with admiration as you try to hijack an entire sea from the people of the world.

Just remember: just because everybody hates you, don't give up.

Why we should be scared of the western propaganda, maybe feel noisy and disgusting sometimes. Please let us alone, that's thanks God. You think your are chaming, it's boring. As I have said, becoming a American-like election one person one vote is not hard, no offence, most Subsahara and Carribean nations are one person one vote. I in the first place pick up India, because the India is an relative large and complicated developing nation accepted one person one vote.
Why you so excited to tout for American values to Chinese, where is the interets in this motivation and action? How can the situation benefits your nation when China is a American-like nation? You guys of a group always confuse us.

I repeat I tag you because I thought you are an Indian "prefessional", and the only I discovered, my fault I pick a wrong guy. The other guys taged more or less we had discussion before. I can saw your incoherent fury here.

what the meaning of "hijack an entire sea from the people of the world". Who is the people of the world? This is enough arrogant point and rudely rebuke China's claim. Obvisouly this time ASEAN is siding with China: focus on Asean-China cooperation, let's China-Philippines-Vietnam solve the disputes. China has stated this view for years.

Last edited:
Hah nice try, but no dice. If you choose arbitration and your ex-wife said no, that arbitration is void especially if your wife doesn't recognize the authority of the arbitrator. In addition, arbitrators are supposed to be neutral and agreed on by both sides. That was not the case with this clown show.

The PCA is unaffiliated with UN and attempted to impose its nonexistent jurisdiction over UNCLOS. It attempted to rule on matter of sovereignty which UNCLOS specifically said it cannot. It ruled the largest island in SCS with its own fresh water supply, wildlife and human habitation as a "rock", which tells you how idiotic/biased these clowns are. Lastly, none of its decisions in history had ever been respected. That includes Japan, UK and Russia.

Philippines should try my S10 Super Court of Justice next time. It's just about as legit and I will charge them half the price.
There are limits to analogies, that was why I said 'Let us go lower'. Do you have a reading comprehension problem ? Guess so.

What the PCA essentially said was that China have no LEGAL basis for claiming the entirety of the SCS. That does not mean the PCA sided with the Philippines. It means all of China's efforts to that claim from a legalistic standpoint, such as historical maps to receivership from the ROC, are no good. That is the contention, not just from the Philippines, but from all relevant Asian powers, minor and major. Does China have an equally prestigious arbitrator who will hear China's arguments ? No. If it was bribery like China charged of the Philippines, then it should be an easy matter for China to conjure up a similar 'court'.

So see if you can get China to go your route. :enjoy:

ASEAN should be dissolve and form new Alliance like SEATO , Cambodia and Laos are lapdogs of communist China

There is no such things in communist state as long as it sucks CHina they are considered friends
So, India to join the Shanghai cooperation organization (SCO), but also for Chinese trust?

Hey, man, I know you are Indian, exposed the your identity, a lot of people know that you are Indian.

Why do you disguised as the Afghan people?

So can you tell a lie?

USA is declining much faster than Predicted
Pentagon is Trembling and Panic

... ...The more powerful a supercomputer, the more likely it will be used for scientific fields so esoteric and whose results so difficult to apply that the supercomputer is often more an object to brag about than a serious tool. ... ...

I used to work for Micron. ... what Micron and Intel jointly developed are being sampled by the likes of IBM, Google, Facebook, and supercomputer designers. Many companies are already redesigning their computers architecture around 3D Xpoint technology. ... ...

... ... In the meantime, the US will continue to be ahead of China in fields that do not require supercomputers
... ...

@gambit

I used to have some respect towards you.
I personally think -- on some area, you are quite knowledgeable.
I thought -- You are not one of those majority Dumb and Dimwitted americans white Anglo Saxon americans.
Later, I realize that maybe -- because you are a minorities american.

And, then you wrote the above ... ...

1) Backwardly Disgraceful Thinking against the Supercomputer
as Ultimate Force Multipliers for any nation STEM prowess and RnD.

2) Yes, I totally agree with you. You are so right majority of americans 85+% are still way
ahead from PRC in the area of ... ...

a) Avoiding and Hating STEM ( Science , Technology, Engineering, and Math ) sectors
b) Narcotics cultivation and promotions and trades.
c) Repeated Genocide against Humanity all over the Globe
d) Daily Racist Harassment and Oppression and Police Racist Killing without punishment
against american Minorities.
e) Loving Violence and Confrontations especially against minorities ... ...

There are many, many others ... ...
I just do not want to embarrass you too much.

All Chinese are working overtime and striving very hard to NOT be included in all these worst of humanity list.
OTOH, americans seems to enjoy all these worst of humanity list, and promoting these Satanic Behaviors nation wide.

Proof:
Just check -- why Donald Ducky Trump is extremely popular ?
Because, Donald Ducky Trump is absolutely similar and equal in thought and actions with 85+% of white Anglo Saxon americans in thought and actions.
~ That is why -- Donald Ducky Trump is so popular, and will become US President in November 2016 to implement all these Racist policies across USA.

:yes4: :yes4:

Immediately whatever tiny respect that I have about you were flushed to the sewage.
My suggestion is please refrain from posting in any sectors that will show you to be as
Dumb and Dimwitted as those majority white Anglo Saxon americans.

Here are some Required Reading to Update your knowledge if you have the gut to compete with us in posting Cutting Edge discoveries.

With China Kicking the FLOP Out of Us,
the Gold Medal Prize is Future Prosperity

Wake Up: China Created a HPC Ecosystem

The Chinese accomplishment is far more significant than one computer coming in first. Other countries have done it in the past with what’s called “stunt” machines ― fast and powerful, but unable to apply it to anything. The stunning news here is that China created a High Performance Computing “ecosystem” in an amazingly short period of time.

In 1993, when the first TOP500 list was published, China was not even on it. Ten years ago, in 2006, China had 28 systems on the list and the U.S. dominated with 298 systems. Five years ago the count was China 61 and the U.S. 255. As of June 2016, the tables are turned. China has 168 systems on the list and the U.S. dropped to #2 overall with 165 systems.

Another important part of the Sunway TaihuLight announcement is that for the first time, the Chinese – built a 100 percent indigenous supercomputer. In an ironic twist, our scientists are trying to learn the recipe of the secret-sauce to the Chinese processor. China’s ecosystem also created the hardware and the middleware required to operate the computer.

Maintaining leadership in high performance computing is a national and economic security imperative. As history has shown, HPC translates into innovations in aircraft, automobiles, oil and gas, biomedical, nuclear energy and military systems.

Source_1:
http://insidehpc.com/2016/07/china-kicking-flops-out-of-us/

===

:enjoy: :omghaha: :sarcastic:

Security Is Only as Good as Your Fastest SuperComputer’

China’s New Supercomputer Puts the US Even Further Behind

... supercomputing applications entails cryptography, the design of nuclear weapons, ...

“Our science is driven today by how we simulate things,” Jack Dongarra, a world-recognized authority on supercomputing at the University of Tennessee and Oak Ridge National Laboratory,

Source_2:
http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/07/21...ity-is-only-as-good-as-your-fastest-computer/

Last edited:
1. What Donald Trump has anything to do with this thread?
2. What's wrong with him ?

USA is declining much faster than Predicted
Pentagon is Trembling and Panic

@gambit

I used to have some respect towards you.
I personally think -- on some area, you are quite knowledgeable.
I thought -- You are not one of those majority Dumb and Dimwitted americans white Anglo Saxon americans.
Later, I realize that you maybe is because you are a minorities american.

And, then you wrote the above ... ...

1) Backwardly Disgraceful Thinking against the Supercomputer
as Ultimate Force Multipliers for any nation STEM prowess and RnD.

2) Yes, I totally agree with you. You are so right majority of americans 85+% are still way
ahead from PRC in the area of ... ...

a) Avoiding and Hating STEM ( Science , Technology, Engineering, and Math ) sectors
b) Narcotics cultivation and promotions and trades.
c) Genocide against Humanity all over the Globe
d) Daily Racist Harassment and Oppression and Police Racist Killing without punishment
against american Minorities.
e) ... ...

There are many, many others ... ...
I just do not want to embarrass you too much.

All Chinese are working overtime and striving very hard to NOT be included in all these worst of humanity list.
OTOH, americans seems to enjoy all these worst of humanity list, and promoting these Satanic Behaviors nation wide.

Proof:
Just check -- why Donald Ducky Trump is extremely popular ?
Because, Donald Ducky Trump is absolutely similar and equal in thought and actions with 85+% of white Anglo Saxon americans in thought and actions.
~ That is why -- Donald Ducky Trump is so popular, and will become US President in November 2016 to implement all these Racist policies across USA.

:yes4: :yes4:

Immediately whatever tiny respect that I have about you were flushed to the sewage.
My suggestion is please refrain from posting in any sectors that will show you to be as
Dumb and Dimwitted as those majority white Anglo Saxon americans.

Here are some Required Reading to Update your knowledge if you have the gut to compete with us in posting Cutting Edge discoveries.

With China Kicking the FLOP Out of Us,
the Gold Medal Prize is Future Prosperity

Wake Up: China Created a HPC Ecosystem

The Chinese accomplishment is far more significant than one computer coming in first. Other countries have done it in the past with what’s called “stunt” machines ― fast and powerful, but unable to apply it to anything. The stunning news here is that China created a High Performance Computing “ecosystem” in an amazingly short period of time.

In 1993, when the first TOP500 list was published, China was not even on it. Ten years ago, in 2006, China had 28 systems on the list and the U.S. dominated with 298 systems. Five years ago the count was China 61 and the U.S. 255. As of June 2016, the tables are turned. China has 168 systems on the list and the U.S. dropped to #2 overall with 165 systems.

Another important part of the Sunway TaihuLight announcement is that for the first time, the Chinese – built a 100 percent indigenous supercomputer. In an ironic twist, our scientists are trying to learn the recipe of the secret-sauce to the Chinese processor. China’s ecosystem also created the hardware and the middleware required to operate the computer.

Maintaining leadership in high performance computing is a national and economic security imperative. As history has shown, HPC translates into innovations in aircraft, automobiles, oil and gas, biomedical, nuclear energy and military systems.

Source_1:
http://insidehpc.com/2016/07/china-kicking-flops-out-of-us/

===

:enjoy: :omghaha: :sarcastic:

Security Is Only as Good as Your Fastest SuperComputer’

China’s New Supercomputer Puts the US Even Further Behind

... supercomputing applications entails cryptography, the design of nuclear weapons, ...

“Our science is driven today by how we simulate things,” Jack Dongarra, a world-recognized authority on supercomputing at the University of Tennessee and Oak Ridge National Laboratory,

Source_2:
http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/07/21...ity-is-only-as-good-as-your-fastest-computer/

Last update 08:40 | 03/07/2016

China tells untruths about East Sea dispute

VietNamNet Bridge – China’s announcement of winning support from 60 countries in the East Sea (internationally known as the South China Sea) dispute has attracted the special attention of the international community. But then, the truth was revealed: China did not tell the truth.

20160701181957-1.jpg

China illegally builds artificial islands in the East Sea.

In a few more days, the Permanent Court of Arbitration (PCA) based in The Hague (Netherlands) will make a decision on the case of the Philippines against China concerning the regulation of entities in the East Sea.

The PCA will not decide on the ownership of these entities, but only the maritime rights for these entities. In addition to the legal impact of this decision, which is considered a cornerstone in the evolution of the East Sea disputes, the case is expected to favor Manila on almost every aspect and affect the prestige of China.

Right from the start, Beijing spent a lot of money to persuade, intimidate and entice countries inside and outside the region to support the view of China in the East Sea. They loudly said there was no need for an international organization to intervene in the dispute and the dispute should be resolved on the basis of bilateral negotiations.

It was not surprising as this bilateral approach is beneficial for China, which has a louder voice than the smaller and weaker claimants (like the Philippines).

However, many times China was exposed to fabricate evidence and tell lies; for example, the recent statement on who supports their views concerning the East Sea dispute.

In many cases, this country provided only general information after diplomatic meetings, saying that the countries they had met expressed support for China’s views in the East Sea, but failed to quote the words of any senior official.

A final ruling is expected soon from a tribunal at the Permanent Court of Arbitration in The Hague hearing Manila’s case against Beijing’s claims in the East Sea. How many countries recognize the decision as legally binding on both parties and call for it to be respected will determine its ultimate value, as international pressure is the court’s only enforcement mechanism.

In an effort to deflect that pressure, Chinese officials and state media have been trumpeting the number of countries that have voiced support for Beijing’s position that the tribunal lacks jurisdiction in the case and the ruling is therefore invalid.

In a recent press conference, when reporters asked how many countries supported the view of China, the spokesman of Chinese Foreign Ministry said 60, the number that a journalist had mentioned in a previous question. However, China cannot name these countries.

The Asia Maritime Transparency Initiative (AMTI), under the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), has recently published the results of a study to help clarify this.

AMTI has scoured publicly availableofficial statements in an effort to determine the real positions taken by countries. It has identified 60 countries that appear to be included in China’s list of supporters.

Of those, 8 have publicly confirmed their support, 4 have denied Beijing’s claim of support, and 48 have remained publicly silent or have issued statements that are considerably vaguer than indicated by China.

In contrast, 40 countries have voiced support for the arbitration proceedings, said the award will be legally binding, and/or called on China and the Philippines to respect it.

Support for China’s position is defined here as an explicit public statement that 1) the arbitral tribunal lacks jurisdiction or legitimacy; 2) the right of states to choose their own method of dispute resolution should be respected (and therefore compulsory dispute mechanisms such as the tribunal are invalid); or 3) the right of states to exempt certain types of disputes from compulsory settlement as provided for by article 298 of the UNCLOS should be respected (which China claims invalidates the arbitral proceedings because they actually touch upon boundary delimitation, from which it has exempted itself).

These are the main reasons that China will be concerned at the cost of credibility following the ruling of the PCA. Until now, only a few days before the trial, Beijing has still not received a public statement in favor.

http://english.vietnamnet.vn/fms/ma...na-tells-untruths-about-east-sea-dispute.html
Vietnam in the south China sea illegal reclamation for longer periods of time. But China has technical advantages to Vietnam. So, the Chinese work 1 day = Vietnam work 1 year.

2014051522_a9b19248b7119a76fedacbrhhVM2bkif.jpg

Back
Top Bottom