What's new

Asad Umar: Malaysia interested in procuring JF-17 Thunder from Pakistan

Please give me a break. JF-17 with AESA more capable because it reduces fuel cost for same type of mission. Plus have you seen the versatility of weapons it has. The jet is a multi role it can intercept with bvr and close range and act as a dedicated bomber and target executioner with precision strikes.

In western arsenal you would have to fly different type of birds for such roles. So jf-17 also reduces training costs.

Price tag is low because labor is cheap. In Pakistan and China technicians of jets cannot afford Ferrari.
I am speaking with knowledge, and can give you a break [in a technical discussion] easily.

How many T/R modules in the AESA radar system for use in JF-17 Thunder Block III? What generation? What functions can it perform? How many targets it can track in one time? How many locks it can obtain? What are its vulnerabilities?

Simply the label AESA is not enough - radar systems significantly vary in capabilities and design in reality. PESA; AESA; Doppler - are marketing terms. Some of the most powerful radar systems in the world are PESA and/or hybrids.

AESA radar system have nothing to do with fuel economy either. It is maintenance-friendly though.

Jet is multi-role? Every aircraft and its mom is multi-role these days.

Come on yaar. Haar response ko argument samaj lena munasib nahin hota. Kuch batein mein conventional wisdom hot hai - sirf message dene key liya hoti hain. My point is straightforward: "there is no such thing as more features in half the price in the world of hardware and software." JF-17 have its market, and it doesn't have competition in its class at most.

?

Who will fly them? and what's the danger to badshahat?
Well you don't know about it how the stuff works ISIS Abu bakar al baghdadi claim of chlaphat etc

Pilots will fly them....

Adios!

Buying from China means buying for Pakistan and buying from Pakistan means buying from China we both produce parts of the jets.

You miss the point, if it's a plain product buy than it's J-10.
If Pakistan offer 100% flight control software and other tech transfer, than Iranians may consider jFT, otherwise they don't like to trade with Pakistan.

I am speaking with knowledge, and can give you a break easily.

How many T/R modules are in the AESA radar system for use in JF-17 Thunder Block III? What generation? What functions can it perform? How many targets it can track in one time? How many locks it can obtain? What are its vulnerabilities?

Simply the label AESA is not enough - radar systems significantly vary in capabilities and design in reality. PESA; AESA; Doppler - are marketing terms.

AESA radar system have nothing to do with fuel economy either.

Jet is multi-role? Every aircraft and its mom is multi-role these days.

Come on yaar. Haar response ko argument samaj lena munasib nahin hota. Kuch batein mein conventional wisdom hot hai - sirf message dene key liya hoti hain.

Just look at this pay load western jets don't have this much versatility. One jet which is the only true multi role available in half the price tag. USA tech sucks.

IMG_20181130_011752.jpg

Just look at this pay load western jets don't have this much versatility. One jet which is the only true multi role available in half the price tag. USA tech sucks.

View attachment 523144
USA tech sucks? Dude, you should not be talking about technology at all.

I count 13 different types of munitions in that photo.

For comparison:

screenshotatuploadcc_1512132177990.png

I could 32 different types of munitions. This is just a raw comparison of payload.

Last edited:
Block 3 export version could have RD-33MK which is the most advanced and most powerful of the RD-33 family. Also it's smokeless.

Sure it will have. but what is advanced in RD-33MK beyond increased thrust?

?

Well you don't know about it how the stuff works ISIS Abu bakar al baghdadi claim of chlaphat etc

Pilots will fly them....

Adios!

You are brain washed wrongly and you have come to the perfect place.
Adios for ever.

View attachment 523144
Nahhh...... US made F-22 30 years ago and still no fighter of 5th gen is comparable to the Raptor F-22

You miss the point, if it's a plain product buy than it's J-10.
If Pakistan offer 100% flight control software and other tech transfer, than Iranians may consider jFT, otherwise they don't like to trade with Pakistan.

It is not about they like us or not. It is about the money and what they require and jf-17 fits their budget and requirement both and they will buy it. The jet is cheap and carries a punch to knock out.

Key selling points of JF17
  1. Cheaper to purchase
  2. Single engine lighter A/C so cheaper to operate and maintain i.e. lower operational costs..conversely more flying hours
  3. No strings attached. Pakistan is a not global power and needs good markets so it is not feasible for Pakistan to attach any strings to the weapon systems it sells
  4. In service and under active development with clear roadmap for future growth
  5. Two countries Pakistan and China can be relied up for spares and services though mostly it will be PAF but China is there as well so some country may feel more comfortable going through Chia route
  6. It has collected huge number of flying hours and integrations of various weapon systems has been almost finished so it is ready platform

Nahhh...... US made F-22 30 years ago and still no fighter of 5th gen is comparable to the Raptor F-22

F-22 price tag is 10 times jf-17 and carries half the pay load of 1 jf-17 so who is better?

Once out of amo f-22 can only run home. USA made a strategic mistake which it once made in Vietnam with F-4.

Sure it will have. but what is advanced in RD-33MK beyond increased thrust?

You are brain washed wrongly and you have come to the perfect place.
Adios for ever.
What that mean I don't understand its a world wide acceptance phenomenal type thing......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom