What's new

Asad Umar: Malaysia interested in procuring JF-17 Thunder from Pakistan

Yes China can pay pakistan on behalf of Iran. Yuan is good for us. Plus we only produce half the jet rest is made in China so KSA cannot object because it is Chinese who are selling it to Iran.

Why you insert objection of KSA.
Is there any official note so far, or just usual ....?

At the moment, we produce >50% of a/c.
Ejection seats are British.
Engine is made in Russia.
Displays are made in China.
Subsystem.. landing gear is made in China.
What else is foreign made?

Why you insert objection of KSA.
Is there any official note so far, or just usual ....?

At the moment, we produce >50% of a/c.
Ejection seats are British.
Engine is made in Russia.
Displays are made in China.
Subsystem.. landing gear is made in China.
What else is foreign made?

I took KSA name because KSA is our ally and we have look after their interests and IS A should place the order of JF-17 to keep the production line busy and stop Iran from getting it hands on this baby.

I took KSA name because KSA is our ally and we have look after their interests and IS A should place the order of JF-17 to keep the production line busy and stop Iran from getting it hands on this baby.
And, from the KSA's perspective, you need to keep the enemy closer....

The more the stringent the sanctions on Iran gets, the more the Chinese will have the leverage....

JF-17 is already high end just needs NATO compatible suite and domestic Chinese engines to start sales in Europe.

Chinese engine is far cry. Russian one is working above expectations.
It's thrust has been increased to 12000kg or atleast blk-3 will have this upgraded engine, and RD-93 is a very responsive and stable engine.

It's thrust has been increased to the level of 12000kg and it's very responsive engine.
How this is a responsible engine?

There is no such thing as more features in half the price in the case of hardware and software, to be honest (based on years of personal exposure to computing technologies). If the price is low, then there are compromises in the capabilities and quality of components (hardware), and programming complexity (software).

Nevertheless, rumors are common. There were rumors about Pakistan inducting SU-35 and S-400 but did not happen.

However, being a Pakistani, I would be happy if these sales materialize.

Please give me a break. JF-17 with AESA more capable because it reduces fuel cost for same type of mission. Plus have you seen the versatility of weapons it has. The jet is a multi role it can intercept with bvr and close range and act as a dedicated bomber and target executioner with precision strikes.

In western arsenal you would have to fly different type of birds for such roles. So jf-17 also reduces training costs.

Price tag is low because labor is cheap. In Pakistan and China technicians of jets cannot afford Ferrari.

Please give me a break. JF-17 with AESA more capable because it reduces fuel cost for same type of mission. Plus have you seen the versatility of weapons it has. The jet is a multi role it can intercept with bvr and close range and act as a dedicated bomber and target executioner with precision strikes.

In western arsenal you would have to fly different type of birds for such roles. So jf-17 also reduces training costs.

Price tag is low because labor is cheap. In Pakistan and China technicians of jets cannot afford Ferrari.
How Aesa reduced fuel costs?

It's thrust has been increased to 12000kg or atleast blk-3 will have this upgraded engine, and RD-93 is a very responsive and stable engine.

Have seen what J-10 did with new Chinese made TVC engines?

I don't care, but a i know Iranians are very shrewd negotiates and politicians.
They would be more interested in technology transfer.
They basically don't like Pakistan and when they can buy from China, they would never buy from Pakistan.

Chinese would like to sell them J-10 instead.

Saudis don't need jF-17. They need a/c with higher loiter time, and which can carry more weapons.
Most of above they don't have population big enough to produce so many pilots, that they buy cheap a/c in numbers.
They would keep the number small and buy hightech.

They don't like Pakistan and when they can buy from China, they would never buy from Pakistan.

Saudis don't need jF-17. They need a/c with higher loiter time, and which can carry more weapons.
Most of above they don't have population big enough to produce so many pilots, that they buy cheap a/c in numbers.
Saudis will buy any thing including jft from until their Badshat is in danger

Plus ski jets, weekends in the bars, expensive gifts to the extra martial folks, full package vacations, compulsive shopping in the malls, wastage of tons of food, 12-pack bear for each night etc......

They would be more interested in technology transfer.

They don't like Pakistan and when they can buy from China, they would never buy from Pakistan.

Buying from China means buying for Pakistan and buying from Pakistan means buying from China we both produce parts of the jets.

Back
Top Bottom