What's new

Asad Umar: Malaysia interested in procuring JF-17 Thunder from Pakistan

upload_2018-12-1_22-34-47.jpeg

Photoshop design of block3

THE AIR FORCE offered the Malaysians JFT. LONG before Mr.Khan(who we all respect offcourse). But this is just point scoring attempt.

The malaysians and their president checked out JFT quite some time ago.

Hi,

Just remember---Saab 900 was the best selling car in the US in the young educated women and liberals of 80's 90's 00's---.

And then it went bankrupt---. Great handling---reliable---solid and safe but done and dusted---.

The south africans blundered into buying the Grippen---expensive spare parts and most are hanger queens now---not flying---. I believe SA was looking for buyers for used Grippens---.

South africa could have waited for awhile and joined the JF17 club---that would have boosted its defense industry sales by a massive amount---.
Sir ge jab tak blk 3 nahi ata jft ka bekna ha to mushkill.......

Sure, you are free to pat yourself on a job well done, it is a free world. But the reality is that your reasoning has NO reasoning behind it. It just does not stand up from any perspective. There is NO friendship between Iran and Pakistan. There is no strategic relationship between Iran and Pakistan. There is no trade between Iran and Pakistan. There is no people to people relationship between Iran and Pakistan. Hell there is not even any religious connection between Iran and Pakistan.

And Pakistan should sell them JF-17?? Fantastic idea!! Hey why stop there, give them some nukes and missiles as well, if they pay on time and in US dollars and using Paypal. :lol:

I asked a simple question about your assertion that they will share JF-17s information with India that you fail to explain your reasoning behind still.

And Iran and Pakistan have all those relationships that you mention are not there, but perhaps not to the level they were in the past or to where they should be today, but that can all be remedied. But hey, if you think those are the criteria for us to sell weapons, you might as well forget it as those are devoid in almost every other country we are trying to hawk our products to. So yeah I stand behind my reasoning and perspective.

I was concerned about above statement.
Can someone defend him on his statement?

If you wanted to know why he mentioned there is ZERO Chinese role in development, a statement that is true.
This is for two reasons:
1) JF-17 was only operated by PAF, hence what ever fine tuning was required had to be done by PAF alone. The entire amount for this was paid by Pakistan alone.

2) PAC had inducted various equipment as the Chinese closed down the production line in China for the JF-17 due to J-10's mass production. These equipments made PAC experiment on other things like composites and building techniques.

Various videos and interviews in this regard be found in JF-17 Development thread.

I asked a simple question about your assertion that they will share JF-17s information with India that you fail to explain your reasoning behind still.

And Iran and Pakistan have all those relationships that you mention are not there, but perhaps not to the level they were in the past or to where they should be today, but that can all be remedied. But hey, if you think those are the criteria for us to sell weapons, you might as well forget it as those are devoid in almost every other country we are trying to hawk our products to. So yeah I stand behind my reasoning and perspective.

My assertion is my assertion - you take it or leave it. Not my problem that you are not convinced. Just like I don't care when you pat yourself whenever you like and 'think' you have done such a fine job here.

I will repeat again - My assertion is that there is nothing stopping Iranians from inviting Indians to look at JF-17 since Pakistan has ZERO relationship with them. Hence selling JF-17s to Iran would be a gigantic strategic blunder.

My assertion is my assertion - you take it or leave it. Not my problem that you are not convinced. Just like I don't care when you pat yourself whenever you like and 'think' you have done such a fine job here.

I will repeat again - My assertion is that there is nothing stopping Iranians from inviting Indians to look at JF-17 since Pakistan has ZERO relationship with them. Hence selling JF-17s to Iran would be a gigantic strategic blunder.
And there is no harm either, even if Iran invites or sends JF-17 to India. See, we live in different world nowadays. The information Indians need to know is already with them.
But the fun part is: they cant do anything even if they know all that.

If you wanted to know why he mentioned there is ZERO Chinese role in development, a statement that is true.
This is for two reasons:
1) JF-17 was only operated by PAF, hence what ever fine tuning was required had to be done by PAF alone. The entire amount for this was paid by Pakistan alone.

2) PAC had inducted various equipment as the Chinese closed down the production line in China for the JF-17 due to J-10's mass production. These equipments made PAC experiment on other things like composites and building techniques.

Various videos and interviews in this regard be found in JF-17 Development thread.

I would disagree because Chinese have to babysit us in every step.

1) JF-17 is operated by PAF is nothing new. Chinese were never instrested in indicting it. To Chinese it was for export only since they were already working on J-10.

2) What % of Block 2 are we producing in Pakistan? 100%? I think I remember watching an interview recently in which it was stated that we are producing 70% to 80 % of the frame locally. Is this correct?
Rest of the stuff is still coming from China.

3) experimenting something and building something is two different things. Pakistan doesn’t have the technical know how to build 4 generation fighter by itself.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom