What's new

Asad Umar: Malaysia interested in procuring JF-17 Thunder from Pakistan

Hi,

Just remember---Saab 900 was the best selling car in the US in the young educated women and liberals of 80's 90's 00's---.

And then it went bankrupt---. Great handling---reliable---solid and safe but done and dusted---.

The south africans blundered into buying the Grippen---expensive spare parts and most are hanger queens now---not flying---. I believe SA was looking for buyers for used Grippens---.

South africa could have waited for awhile and joined the JF17 club---that would have boosted its defense industry sales by a massive amount---.

I was bought by GM, which did not invest a lot in new cars,
and it never could reach the volumes needed to sustain beeing a separate company.

I have not heard that South Africans are trying to sell their Gripens.
The Thais want to replace the one that crashed, and so far a sale did not happen.
They keep all airworthy, but not everyone is not active. They rotate them on a regular schedule.

Sir ge jab tak blk 3 nahi ata jft ka bekna ha to mushkill.......

Hi,

Thanks for the comment---. I request please comment in english for others to understand---.

The JF17 BLK2 has proved its presence---shown its abilities and capabilities---40000 hours of flight operations and integration of a variety of weapons.

So---the functional and operational base of the aircraft is already established now---.

There is more than enough data available on the flight operations---per hour cost of operations---service and flight availability and all the other stuff attached to running multiple sqdrn's of aircraft or a single aircraft---.

So---if someone is interested in BLK3---they will base it on what is known about the overall performance of the BLK2.

Hi,

Thanks for the comment---. I request please comment in english for others to understand---.

The JF17 BLK2 has proved its presence---shown its abilities and capabilities---40000 hours of flight operations and integration of a variety of weapons.

So---the functional and operational base of the aircraft is already established now---.

There is more than enough data available on the flight operations---per hour cost of operations---service and flight availability and all the other stuff attached to running multiple sqdrn's of aircraft or a single aircraft---.

So---if someone is interested in BLK3---they will base it on what is known about the overall performance of the BLK2.
Sir,

Blk3 how many points will you agree?
a)HMD Display.
b)WS-13
c)2 additional hard points.
d)quad axis fly by wire.
c)integrated Display (one in Gripen E)
f)Electronic ware fare built in pod
g)Thrust vectoring.

Im sure the Saudis have said they will buy AK-2 tank exactly 0 times.

Might have something to do with the fact that there is no such tank in existence coupled with Pakistanis who keep coming up with their wishes and presenting them as truths and other that actually believe them.
AK-1 I meant (don't be a smartass), my mistake, but my point still stands.

The Saudis have done this for a long time, all so they can keep their influence within Pakistan's military establishment.

They did the same thing with the JF-17, "expressing interest" knowing full well that they wouldn't buy it.

But, to get a single deal done you need to pay 10 visits!!! At the least, now it's less than 10...
Where did you get the 10 figure from?

I think both Iran & Malaysia may get a license from China to manufacture it locally!

Which is fine, but until a deal is signed, it's worthless. How many times have the Saudis said they'll buy the AK-2 tank, but kept backing out?

Once again, a signed deal is the only indication that something will occur.

Hi,

If the Saudis had said 'yes'---then there is a possibility that pak could not deliver on the promise made---or the item failed the tests in Saudia---.

Hi,

If the Saudis had said 'yes'---then there is a possibility that pak could not deliver on the promise made---or the item failed the tests in Saudia---.
Probably true, but why continue "expressing interest" when we all know they aren't going to buy it?

Great news if corroborated perhaps @SOHEIL can offer some insights.Kudos bhai
I am all for Pakistan Iran cooperation:cheers: both should be natural allies due to shared interests

Hi ... What's up !

Brother... Such a cooperations in defense fields is impossible as we know !

Our defense strategy prefers full local production in special sectors ... Like fighter jets !

We dont want to experience losing foreign supplies again like we did during the war with Saddam ...

My assertion is my assertion - you take it or leave it. Not my problem that you are not convinced. Just like I don't care when you pat yourself whenever you like and 'think' you have done such a fine job here.

I will repeat again - My assertion is that there is nothing stopping Iranians from inviting Indians to look at JF-17 since Pakistan has ZERO relationship with them. Hence selling JF-17s to Iran would be a gigantic strategic blunder.

:|

We don't have such a deep relationship with India !

Hi ... What's up !

Brother... Such a cooperations in defense fields is impossible as we know !

Our defense strategy prefers full local production in special sectors ... Like fighter jets !

We dont want to experience losing foreign supplies again like we did during the war with Saddam ...
Hi bro I am fine bro :tup:.....When it comes to self sufficiency you brothers are in a league of your own , we are somewhat moving in that direction but not nearly to the extent you guys are.Kudos bro

Its a good photoshop, parts of it maybe correct(AESA, better RCS shaping and CFTs).

Agree, if true than excellent [emoji106]

Even smaller say 600-800 litres cft x2 would be great with 3000 plus another 1200 - 1600 litres and under wing pylons for weapons only, makes a big diff in range and load

Lastly cft would be lower drag vs drops

AK-1 I meant (don't be a smartass), my mistake, but my point still stands.

The Saudis have done this for a long time, all so they can keep their influence within Pakistan's military establishment.

They did the same thing with the JF-17, "expressing interest" knowing full well that they wouldn't buy it.

Where did you get the 10 figure from?
Ball park#....

Six countries showed interest in blk3?? Two are keen on blk 3?

Some were willing to opt for blk 2 equipped with AESA? (LFK perhaps)?

Big rumors came out of Ideas..

Back
Top Bottom