What's new

Asad Umar: Malaysia interested in procuring JF-17 Thunder from Pakistan

Azerbaijan is interested in B3, but avionics accessibility must be opened to Turkish SANs before. Because as far as I can understand, the Russian aviation infrastructure will be very limited in construction of the new air force of Azerbaijan. The main backbone of the training infrastructure will be probably PAC's Super Mushshak as a primary trainer , and Turkey-Azerbaijan, Turkish collobration in Hurkus advanced trainer with Hurjet LIFT. TFX project not only walks for Turkey .

Azerbaijan is interested in B3
B-3 would not be possible as it will become operational with PAF till 2021 as per PAF official
and only after that we might consider to go for export orders for blk-3 which mean not before late 2022 or 2023, therefore blk-2 configuration with air cool AESA radar is a more practical option.

Any Turkish weaponry could be integrated with JF-17 provided the potential customer have the access to it and the source codes are made available to PAC Kamra for integration purpose.

6 countries in talks for block 3 currently. This is confirm news.

There can also be a NATO compatibility version via turkey France and Italy. Companies also showed interest in it.

Selling JF-17 to Iran would be like shooting oneself in the head. The genius in PAF or China who wants to do this should be hanged by his balls.

Selling JF-17 to Iran would be like shooting oneself in the head. The genius in PAF or China who wants to do this should be hanged by his balls.

That’s a wrong believe. If you want Iran to be your friend and ally, sell them weapons, increase trade with them and you won’t have to worry about them.

That’s a wrong believe. If you want Iran to be your friend and ally, sell them weapons, increase trade with them and you won’t have to worry about them.

I disagree. Iran is India's mate. If JF-17s are sold to Iran, how will you stop Iran from showing JF-17 to india? Thus, Iran should stay with its best friend india and buy Tejas. Iran is not a country to be believed.

I disagree. Iran is India's mate. If JF-17s are sold to Iran, how will you stop Iran from showing JF-17 to india? Thus, Iran should stay with its best friend india and buy Tejas. Iran is not a country to be believed.

JF-17 doesn’t have alien technology.
It’s just like any other 3.5/4 generation fighter. I spoke to some people in PAF and they think it’s a good idea to sell JF-17 block2 to Iran.

I was told the We will continue to upgrade block 1 to block 2 and continue building block 2 until block 3 is ready.

Last edited:
B-3 would not be possible as it will become operational with PAF till 2021 as per PAF official
and only after that we might consider to go for export orders for blk-3 which mean not before late 2022 or 2023, therefore blk-2 configuration with air cool AESA radar is a more practical option.

Any Turkish weaponry could be integrated with JF-17 provided the potential customer have the access to it and the source codes are made available to PAC Kamra for integration purpose.
Acc to my sources Azer's can go for Blk 2 and Blk 3 mix

Malaysian news now being confirmed by multiple sources in Pakistani media.

https://pakobserver.net/malaysia-expresses-interest-in-jf-17-thunder-warplane/
And serious one:-)

I said that quite a long time ago. But I second what you have said.

JF-17 really has the potential to become the MiG-21 of this era.
we just need to figure out JFT in European Configuration then BOOM here goes JFT

IK makes multiple trips to a given country for a reason...
Which is fine, but until a deal is signed, it's worthless. How many times have the Saudis said they'll buy the AK-2 tank, but kept backing out?

Once again, a signed deal is the only indication that something will occur.

Which is fine, but until a deal is signed, it's worthless. How many times have the Saudis said they'll buy the AK-2 tank, but kept backing out?

Once again, a signed deal is the only indication that something will occur.
But, to get a single deal done you need to pay 10 visits!!! At the least, now it's less than 10...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom