What's new

Asad Umar attacks Sectarianism over Coronavirus

Moderators' job should be just to moderate when reported. Not to actively engage in discussion while on high horse with full fury. You want to do that, be a Think Thank instead. Just my humble opinion.

Bhai that is what I have been saying for months now , @WebMaster did not listen :(
Mods are taking sides and not just me but others can also see it, and people are leaving , first it was a mod named Shaheen and now Agnostic Muslim , when was the last time a Mod protected Other sects with that Intensity and dedication ?
the reason these Mods get away is that as soon as they see they are pushed in corner they ban the member so he can't complain to @WebMaster or explain his/her position .. If Webmaster still can't see it than sooner or later all other members will leave, and this forum will become ( Shia Defense Forum )

Deoband and Barreily are cities in India.

Clearly anyone who claims to be Deobandi or Barelvi implies he is from those cities of India.

Hence the security issues as 99.1 percent of Pakistanis will not employ Indians on key positions or hire them to become a security risk.

@jaibi .. This thread is a perfect example of what is wrong with PDF ... A mod is trying to be neutral and the same anti-Shia/Iran coterie/group is ganging up against him trying to put pressure so that they can continue to freely bash Shia/Iran on PDF

You’re missing the point - Pakistani Shia don’t go around asking Pakistani Sunni to Demonstrate against this or that - making statements or demands like this is just another way of ‘othering’ (painting a particular demographic as being different and placing a higher burden on them). This is no different than the right wing Islampohobes in the West demanding that ‘Muslims demonstrate opposition to Terrorism and/or Islamic Extremism’ to THEIR satisfaction.

It’s unacceptable when Islamophobes demand it it or when people like you demand it.
First of all no one here is shiaphobic,second comparison of this sitution with what you wrote is pure fallacy,third we are not demanding them to protest against Iran,last this act of Iran has put millions of Pakistanis on risk.We are worried about our countrymen and state,this thing has struck our economy heavy handedly.

Do you think he is alone? I don't think so....

Agreed on court decision point, though.

People are not stupid nor everyone is sectarian here....People are saying what they are feeling...You can't stop people from expressing their point of view....

You live in US and yet you are limiting free speech here.
I’m not limiting free speech. But repetitive threads in the same subject are pointless and do not help the forum.
Second, conspiracy theories will not be allowed.

Ian’s behavior was poor, but they did it out of panic. What do you want Pakistani Shia to do here? Pakistani Shia don’t go around demanding Pakistani Sunnis to ‘demonstrate’ their anger at the Saudi and Emirati betrayal of Pakistan’s interests WRT India.

The responsibility is with the Pakistani government to engage with Iran once the situation is under control to get better facilities for Pakistanis and come up with better measures for any similar future situation.

Not heard a single Pakistani Shia, religious personality complaining about Iran behaviour??? Have you? I haven't!!

As for Saudi and UAE, there are more Pakistani sunnis cussing them then shias. No ifs and buts here.

It's the Pakistani Shias who are the most infected by this and are suffering, all because of Iran. To brush this as Iran "panicking " is nothing more then slap on the wrist response. Its was Iran responsibility to look after the foreign guests, when it's ok for her to accept their cash, it should have treated them better.

This conversation and narrative should move quickly and swift towards Iran bashing from all sides.

Calling out Iran openly is sectarianism, when they shove a stick up yours then you should smile and say muslim brotherhood doesnt hurt.

Aptly described...This is what they want us to do.

News for them...

It'll NEVER happen.

If Iran will damage Pakistan, we as a Pakistani citizens on Pakistani forum will call her out.

@jaibi .. This thread is a perfect example of what is wrong with PDF ... A mod is trying to be neutral and the same anti-Shia/Iran coterie/group is ganging up against him trying to put pressure so that they can continue to freely bash Shia/Iran on PDF

Highly Subjective, the way I and others see it , 1 MOD is actively denying people right to free speech, or undermining any or every critics of his/her personal beliefs .

My posts are being deleted, he is doing it so people who just come into the thread see me as Nut case, this is outrageous and ridiculous misuse of power here ..If you read my posts without context which are deleted by @AgNoStiC MuSliM than of course you will not understand my posts .. Tell me is this Fair ??

@Starlord
Bhai, your posts indeed do reek of sectarianism and hatred towards a certain community/sect... This is not the time .. United we stand, divided we fall
And what's this?
The only truth is that the only sect that has had the backing of the state is the Deoband sect.
They are no more than 15% of the population of Pakistan but run > 75% of religious seminaries
All sarkari Mullahs ever since the time of Zia have been Deoband
It's not the Shia Zaireen but the Tableeghi Jamaat who have spread coronavirus across Pakistan.
See, Truth is always subjective .. At this time we do not afford sectarian rift..

As for the Shia lobby... Shias do prefer other Shia (like what every other sect does), but comparing them with the pro-Israel/Jewish lobby is hilarious ... Maybe you are confusing the Liberal/Secular lobby with Shia lobby

I’m not limiting free speech. But repetitive threads in the same subject are pointless and do not help the forum.
Second, conspiracy theories will not be allowed.

Every news, in initial phase is a conspiracy theory

It was also a conspiracy theory that Patient arrived from Iran, named Yahya Jaffery, is being treated in Aga Khan Hospital....people disapproved it initially but it WAS true, later proved.

Don't suffocate this forum...

I agree repetition makes one irritate but sometimes continuous reminding helps

Well this thread is moving towards a bad end?
@PaklovesTurkiye your thread restarted all the shia haters on this forum and are using the current fiasco for the oh so old "sunni vs shia" war...
@AgNoStiC MuSliM you shouldn't have opened a thread like this, sooner or later it is going to get closed for "violating forum rules".

Not heard a single Pakistani Shia, religious personality complaining about Iran behaviour??? Have you? I haven't!!

As for Saudi and UAE, there are more Pakistani sunnis cussing them then shias. No ifs and buts here.

It's the Pakistani Shias who are the most infected by this and are suffering, all because of Iran. To brush this as Iran "panicking " is nothing more then slap on the wrist response. Its was Iran responsibility to look after the foreign guests, when it's ok for her to accept their cash, it should have treated them better.

This conversation and narrative should move quickly and swift towards Iran bashing from all sides.
It is not the Pakistani Shia’s job to satisfy anyone else about Iran just like it isn’t the job of Muslims in the West to satisfy Right-wing Islamophobes about Islamic terrorism or extremism.
And what's this?
he was making a point that the kinds of arguments being made about lobbies can go both ways.

Back
Top Bottom