What's new

As Iran's Military Enters Iraq, Here's A Look At What They Have In Their Arsenal

anyway , IRIGC sent it's Su-25 to Iraq .... I hope they get money for keeping it safe and overhauling these light bombers ...

2067691.jpg

164c.jpg

Screenshot_2014-07-01_22_40_51.png

58785510801715932013.jpg

and there is this link ( although this doesn't open for me )

theaviationist.com/2014/07/01/iranian-su-25-iraq/

By David Cenciotti
Seven Su-25 Frogfoot attack planes operated by the Iranian Army of the Guardians of the Islamic Revolution have arrived at Baghdad to join the war against ISIS militants.
On Jul. 1, all the seven operational Su-25 Frogfoot attack planes operated by the Pasdaran (informal name of the IRGC – the Army of the Guardians of the Islamic Revolution) have completed their deployment to Imam Ali Airbase where they will join the ex-Russian Air Force Su-25s already delivered to Iraq in the air war against ISIS (Al Qaeda-linked Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant).

The aircraft (three Su-25UBKM and four Su-25KM jets, according to ACIG.org sources) will be operated by four Iraqi pilots and 10 Iranian pilots.

The aircraft and support to fly them would be part of a military contract (backed by the U.S.) according to which Iran’s IRGC Air Force will receive six Su-30K multirole jets destined to Iraq.

Their delivery of the Iranian Su-25 has been filmed and reported by local media outlets and Iraqi MoD that has published the following video as well as the pictures you can find in this post.
Iran is believed to have joined the air war on ISIS since Jun. 21 when unidentified war planes launched heavy air strikes on the city of Baiji, north of Baghdad which had been invaded by ISIS.

anyway , IRIGC sent it's Su-25 to Iraq .... I hope they get money for keeping it safe and overhauling these light bombers ...

2067691.jpg

164c.jpg

Screenshot_2014-07-01_22_40_51.png

58785510801715932013.jpg

and there is this link ( although this doesn't open for me )

And the irani pilots will fly these jets agiasnt ISIS?

All seven su-25 operated by Iran were part of the Iraq air force to begin with (evaded to Iran 1990-1991)

During the Persian Gulf War, most Iraqi pilots and aircraft (of French & Soviet origin) fled to Iran to escape the bombing campaign because no other country would allow them sanctuary. These included: Mirage F1s, Su-20 and Su-22M2/3/4 Fitters, Su-24MK Fencer-Ds, Su-25K/UBK Frogfoots, MiG-23 Floggers, MiG-29A/UB Fulcrums and a number of Il-76s, including the one-off AEW-AWACS prototype Il-76 "ADNAN 1". The Iranians impounded these aircraft after the war and never returned them, putting them in the service of the IRI-AF – claiming them as reparations for the Iran-Iraq war. Because of this, Saddam Hussein did not send the rest of his Air Force to Iran just prior to Operation Iraqi Freedom in 2003, instead opting to bury them in sand.

Iraq at that time had 66 su-25, of which 31 were destroyed and 8 damaged. After 7 evaded to Iran 20 remained in Iraq. During the occupation phase 2003, most of Iraq's combat aircraft (mainly MiG-23s, MiG-25s and Su-25s) were found by US and Aussie forces in poor condition at several air bases throughout the country while others were discovered buried. Most of the IQAF's aircraft were destroyed during and after the invasion, and all remaining equipment was junked or scrapped in the immediate aftermath of the war. None of the aircraft acquired during Saddam's time remain(ed) in service. 10 years down the line. the Iraqi airforce could possibly have some pilots certified for this type. This is - increasingly, as time passes - unlikely though.

More relevant is that Iraq order new su-25 and all the fighter jets has been delivered from 28 June 2014 to 1 July 2014, followed by another seven on 1 July. All were expected to enter service in "three to four days". Which suggest there is a pool of newly trained su25 pilots in Iraq, or a cadre of hired foreign pilots.

If combat aircraft were needed immediately, Iranian pilots would probalbly fly. As stop gap untill Iraqi jets/pilots were ready.

Russian fighter jets arrive in Iraq for fight against rebels - Middle East Israel News | Haaretz
وصول الوجبة الاولى من طائرة سيخوي 25

Last edited:
These Iranian frogfoots will be very susceptible to MANPADS seen in the hands of some ISIS fighters. Its not going to be rosy for the new coalition.

Imposibru

M-48 exists, the other with the arab name doesn't. They've shown it move once and the other 1000 times it's been in the back of a flat bed truck. And this being an akhoond creation, its internals aren't worth a damn either.

In the end, even if they manage to bring a number of these arab named tanks to the battle field, they'll just be cannon fodder.

Look at @Abii ’s heartburn over this Arab name thing. I feel it across the forum. LoL.

Perhaps the same applies to the names of many people he grew up around, perhaps.

the same way you get heartburn over anything Iran/Persian related hmm?

You have only got two posts so far. Hmmmm...?

I don't have Persian names or other Persian related things around me to be bothered, unlike many Persians who can't survive using their beloved Tazis' words, names, and cultural practices every day. I mean every darn day. All of that comes without much hope of serious and permanent change, despite the extreme bitterness that this is causing to them. It is that enormous firy grudge that is burning them from inside which I can't describe its joy for me and many of my kind.

Bottom line: The lovley Tazis have injected their knife into the Persian language's spine and let it bleed for ever. Even Mr. Dehkhoda started his Dictionary with an Arabic word when he named his Dictionary لغت نامه دهخدا.

Too bad.

Last edited:

I don't have Persian names or other Persian related things around me to be bothered, unlike many Persians who can't survive using their beloved Tazis' words, names, and cultural practices every day. All of that comes without much hope of serious and permanent change, despite the bitterness that this is causing to them.

Bottom line: The Tazis have injected their knife into the Persian language's spine and let it bleed for good. Too bad.

There are things that make you bothered, such as PDF, which show's through your replies. I also notice with you guys on the internet (not only PDF) is that you like to mention about conquering Persians, and them being "fully dependent" on the Arabs. Is it to fuel your superiority complex, by thinking that you're better than them over some ancient event?

I don't care for ancient events, unless some pan-Arab supremacist tries to boast about it. Also nothing is absolute, things can change when you least expect it.

More relevant is that Iraq order new su-25 and all the fighter jets has been delivered from 28 June 2014 to 1 July 2014, followed by another seven on 1 July. All were expected to enter service in "three to four days". Which suggest there is a pool of newly trained su25 pilots in Iraq, or a cadre of hired foreign pilots.

If combat aircraft were needed immediately, Iranian pilots would probalbly fly. As stop gap untill Iraqi jets/pilots were ready.

Russian fighter jets arrive in Iraq for fight against rebels - Middle East Israel News | Haaretz
وصول الوجبة الاولى من طائرة سيخوي 25
the delivery of SU-25 to Iraqi force was one of the fastest plane delivery records I have seen . wonder how much russia felt its interest were threatened by the Isis ?

I don't have Persian names or other Persian related things around me to be bothered, unlike many Persians who can't survive using their beloved Tazis' words, names, and cultural practices every day. I mean every darn day. All of that comes without much hope of serious and permanent change, despite the extreme bitterness that this is causing to them. It is that enormous firy grudge that is burning them from inside which I can't describe its joy for me and many of my kind.

Bottom line: The lovley Tazis have injected their knife into the Persian language's spine and let it bleed for ever. Even Mr. Dehkhoda started his Dictionary with an Arabic word when he named his Dictionary لغت نامه دهخدا.

Too bad.
Basically, Dictionary is called "Farhang" in Persian. It was used to called "Loghat naameh", which was long time ago replaced by new words. BTW, do you know how much of Arabic language is consisted of Farsi and/or pahlavi words? ;)
Anyway, any alive language has tons of loanwords. A good example is english, in which loan words are consisting over 50% of the total number of words/roots. Turkish has many loan words as well. what defines a language as an alive language, is the number of articles, words, ... in each language. Just do a simple search and you would find out that even in wikipedia, farsi, has more articles than arabic which has 400 million speakers ;)

These Iranian frogfoots will be very susceptible to MANPADS seen in the hands of some ISIS fighters. Its not going to be rosy for the new coalition.

Ok pakistan is best in everything... Just stop trolling .

Ok pakistan is best in everything... Just stop trolling .

Where did Pakistan come from? Take criticism like a man, dont act out like a hurt little girl. Your frogfoots are unmodified and will be cupcakes for modern MANPADS. Do you know how a manpad works?

The frogfoots in your inventory are Iraqis in the first place and unmodified secondly. So yeah, come back with something academic and not lame retorts.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom