What's new

Arundhati Roy calls for end to Indian ‘occupation’ of Kashmir

Chinese-Dragon I hope you understand why the Pakistanis, many of your own countrymen, and Nepalese detest India.

Even Arundhati Roy, who is an Indian, knows the truth and knows that the Indian government is full cheaters, hypocrites, and corrupt ********.

Even Mr. Modi, who everybody says has blood on his hands had been reelected as the Chief Minister of Gujarat!

It's simply outrageous!

But China is rolling out the red carpet for the same Modi. ;)

Their obsession with Tamil Nadu is equally fascinating.

I can never understand what they are taught about it in their institutes but they never seem to move beyond a certain date in history. ;)

My personal guess is, Punjab will be the last man standing. ;)

Is Arundhati Roy from Tamil Nadu or Punjab? Did she talk about either in this thread?

So what does this post have to do with the topic of the thread? :hitwall:

the bold part we all agree with but it is the same and in fact worse in Pakistan since your gov't does not even run the country the army does :disagree:

Modi got reelected because the people of Gujarat voted for him why are you getting mad at the gov't for that? get mad at the people who voted him for him while you Pakistanis hate Modi it will be the day of enlightenment for us if and when he becomes PM in 2014.

Although, this is not the topic at hand, but you support that man who can be charged for crimes against humanity?
Are you insane?

Hahaha, if Mr. Modi gets elected as PM of India, he might share the same destiny as Indira Gandhi's. :lol:

Pakistan has her own problems, but not as much problems or severity India has. Just wait until the War in Terrorism ends, and Pakistan will start prosper.

I specifically told you the American civil war to show there is also another way to handle these situations. And I think the Kashmir is more analogous to this as armed insurgency was not a part of Puerto Rico issue but it was a part of the American civil war.

Not at all. The Puerto Rico situation also had armed groups but a true democracy like the US handled the situation in a more mature and humane way without resorting to jingoism.

Ok lets make it then as it is very much relevant to this discussion. And I mentioned the American civil war to show that Sovereignity and territorial integrity trumps democracy. BTW since democracy is the will of the majority, the majority in India says No to a referendum..So there goes our democracy discussion.

Again, the Canadian and American scenarios are about individual provinces or territories and their right to decide their future. The future is not dictated be external groups.

How it is any different. Care to elaborate ? I think it is still the same. The inability of a section of Muslims to live with Hindus.

They want what is their due from 1947. The means of achieving the results may change with the times, but their original rights remain unaffected.

True that. They are entitled to democracy under Indian Constitution and they also exercised it recently with a huge 88% turnout in local polls.

Read above.

British poll or Martian poll. The respondents were still Kashmiris.

And, like I wrote, the ground realities do not mesh with this British poll. We know there are some 'interesting' characters enjoying British hospitality, so we won't lose too much sleep over their propaganda when the actual people living in our areas are not complaining.

The official estimate is 3.5 Lakh troops and moreover the Army is present only in the border. There is no visible presence in civilian areas.

The actual figure is less important than the magnitude. You say 3.5; international media says 5, some say 7.

BTW noticed that "our Kashmir" and laughed at it. Come take it.

Uh, read that again. I was referring to 'our Kashmir', as in Gilgit, etc.

But China is rolling out the red carpet for the same Modi. ;)

Hahaha that's probably the one big thing that I disagree with the Pakistanis on.

I like Narenda Modi, his economic and administrative style is very impressive to me. He has a strong result-orientated administrative style, combined with a heavy focus on industrial output. Ticks all the right boxes.

Chinese-Dragon I hope you understand why the Pakistanis, many of your own countrymen, and Nepalese detest India.

Even Arundhati Roy, who is an Indian, knows the truth and knows that the Indian government is full cheaters, hypocrites, and corrupt ********.

Even Mr. Modi, who everybody says has blood on his hands had been reelected as the Chief Minister of Gujarat!

It's simply outrageous!

Where did the Nepalese fit in ? :woot:

Their citizens took part in all four wars on our side and served courageously and are still doing so. SO gimme your definition of hate.

They need no visas to visit India and so do Indians to visit Nepal.

I did in that post itself.

When the vast majority of the population refuses to accept the government as legitimate and a large military presence is deployed to brutally quash dissent, then that government becomes illegitimate for that region. The military presence then becomes an occupying force and there's no such thing as a 'legal' occupation.
Hokum.

Something is 'illegitimate' if it violates a law (written or unwritten). What you are talking of is 'morality' of State, which is not the same as legitimacy of a State's 'sovereignty'.

It did not end there.

They failed also to retake Siachen four times continuously and now they are singing that Indian presence on the glacier is affecting the ecosystem. :lol:

This is what I like about them.

They can win consolation prizes for themselves from any situation. Helps them deal with the bad bad world. ;)

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

It is interesting that USA is now a "true democracy".

Wonder who said they were mere sheeple and that 9/11 was staged by the US government to control that sheeple. ;)

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Is Arundhati Roy from Tamil Nadu or Punjab? Did she talk about either in this thread?

So what does this post have to do with the topic of the thread? :hitwall:

A "thread" is not about endlessly repeating the same things like a parrot.

It is about discussing the issues being raised by members.

Where did the Nepalese fit in ? :woot:

Their citizens took part in all four wars on our side and served courageously and are still doing so. SO gimme your definition of hate.

They need no visas to visit India and so do Indians to visit Nepal.

They need to bring in a non Muslim country as well. Just that compulsive need. ;)

I know right, the Indian members only try to lie or distract members from the topic at hand.

India has no reason to be in IOK. Let the Kashmiris choose to be with either Pakistan or independent.

We all know the Kashmiris don't want to be with India.

They have already chosen by exercising in polls. Get over with Kashmir, you lost years of development coz of 'kashmir emotion'

And if the river water is the real problem, talk with India and share it amicably. In fact that is the real reason, nothing else... No sentiments at all.

A "thread" is not about endlessly repeating the same things like a parrot.

It is about discussing the issues being raised by members.

Yes, discussing on-topic issues. Not talking about 9/11, the US or anything in a thread called "Arundhati Roy calls for end to Indian ‘occupation’ of Kashmir". You can post on other threads about 9/11 or the US. But please, don't post off-topic stuff here. Thanks bro. Appreciate it.

Not at all. The Puerto Rico situation also had armed groups but a true democracy like the US handled the situation in a more mature and humane way without resorting to jingoism.
Puerto Rico was a colony of USA. Kashmir is not a colony of India. Different equation. UN has a specific resolution (Millennium resolution) which specifically recognizes the right of self-determination of colonies.

And the residents of Quebec didn't just pick up AK-47s and start shooting the non-French.

I salute you Arundati Roy for calling a spade a spade.

As I said they can very well finish the unfinished business of partition of liquidating their assets and moving on to the land of milk and honey.

Good for you,good for Kashmiri Muslims and good for us. Win-win situation for all.

Why should they move? It is the Indian occupation forces that should move.

Once again, a true democracy is not afraid to let the people decide and it is precisely in highly controversial issues that the real test of democracy lies. India's refusal to honor democracy in Kashmir speaks volumes.

Back
Top Bottom