What's new

Arundhati Roy calls for end to Indian ‘occupation’ of Kashmir

I must say that the "God of small things" was a very good read. It vividly described all the facets of the general culture in Kottayam, & the ills of the society & culture there.

:rofl:

Is this a joke?
*You have not adressed any of the points I've made.
*Pakistan has one the world's most liberal media institutions.

Facepalmz

A graveyard of journalists too..by terrorists as well as by state.

The other method is Indian one. No heavy weapons. No aircraft and artillery in civilian areas. try and protect the dispersed civilians from the cowardly terrorists using small weapons and minimize the collateral damage.

I know some of you are incapable of discussing a topic without bringing in Baluchistan and God knows what else but, to return to the topic, the civilians need protection from the Indian army.

Call for fresh probe into alleged mass rapes in Kashmir

Kashmir’s State Human Rights Commission (SHRC) has recommended that the government set up a special team to reinvestigate the alleged mass gang rape of at least 31 women by Indian army personnel in 1991.

Kashmir's Mass Graves Come To Light - By Basharat Peer | Foreign Policy

Two decades of insurgency and counterinsurgency have resulted in the creation of a state of affairs that provides incentives to troops and policemen to show "kills." Counterinsurgency officers receive fast-track promotions, as well as monetary and other rewards, for showing results.
[...]
This August, the SHRC finally submitted its report on the unmarked graves, which marked the first acknowledgement from any Indian official body of the presence of mass graves and murdered civilians being buried after being falsely described by Indian troops and police as foreign terrorists.
[...]
India continues to garrison half a million soldiers in Kashmir, nearly three times the number of U.S. troops in Iraq at the peak of the occupation. And India's half-century-old Armed Forces Special Powers Act, which was extended to Kashmir in 1990, gives troops the legal authority to shoot any person they suspect of being a threat and guarantees them immunity from prosecution. To bring a soldier before a civilian court requires the permission of India's Home Affairs Ministry; there are more than 400 cases still waiting for permission to prosecute troops known to have killed Kashmiri noncombatant civilians.

None of it changes the fact that ordinary Kashmiri civilians are flying the Pakistani flag and asking for our help.

You are welcome to help. It will help us sort out the issue once and for all.;)

Teri Pein di Arundhati...for those who is saying abt IOK..my simple answer is

Jiski Laathi uski Bhains...

Kashmir chaiye toh do-do hath kar lo...jiske andar dum hoga kashmir wo le jaega...till then shut ur mouth..keep sending ur bhagora's(jihadi)

Indians=cry babies=cheaters

Shoveling **** at Pakistan, while India has been known for doing worse. Roy is from the better part of your society.

The reason is that book. Read it.

I might try to buy an ebook copy, I don't think it would look nice sitting on my shelf in paperback.

But first, why exactly do you want me to read it?

When I see her being invited to Western talk shows, it is usually to talk about the Maoists.

BTW noticed that "our Kashmir" and laughed at it. Come take it.

Funny. Isn't it.

Kashmir has never been "their" and they are so enamored by it.

Bangladesh (East Pakistan) was actually theirs, is much bigger and had a larger population that West Pakistan.

Never even a talk of reuniting with them for some reason. ;)

No Indian could answer/respond to what I've provided, because they are liars. True story.

are you telling about your grand parents???? what do you provide. ok then tell me
1. Who attacked Maha Raja when the decision is pending.
2. Who supplying militants to Kashmir valley
3. Who started war.
4. If you really want peace in Kashmir valley Why did you fought 4 wars instead peace talk.
5. Who started Brain washing Kashmir people
6. Is Pak govn gave freedom in P.O.K

we can't argue with brain washed people so no body didn't answered you. May be they found waste of time in it.

Forget the history, look at it this way: if tomorrow, 66% of Tamils wanted to secede from India and India sent in 500K troops to subdue them, it would be an occupation force.

Not happening. A thing with more probability is Punjab seceding from Pakistan.

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

How? Care to explain?

I like your persistence. But you will not get your answer..coz there aint one. :lol:

I know some of you are incapable of discussing a topic without bringing in Baluchistan and God knows what else but, to return to the topic, the civilians need protection from the Indian army.

Call for fresh probe into alleged mass rapes in Kashmir

Kashmir’s State Human Rights Commission (SHRC) has recommended that the government set up a special team to reinvestigate the alleged mass gang rape of at least 31 women by Indian army personnel in 1991.

Kashmir's Mass Graves Come To Light - By Basharat Peer | Foreign Policy

Two decades of insurgency and counterinsurgency have resulted in the creation of a state of affairs that provides incentives to troops and policemen to show "kills." Counterinsurgency officers receive fast-track promotions, as well as monetary and other rewards, for showing results.
[...]
This August, the SHRC finally submitted its report on the unmarked graves, which marked the first acknowledgement from any Indian official body of the presence of mass graves and murdered civilians being buried after being falsely described by Indian troops and police as foreign terrorists.
[...]
India continues to garrison half a million soldiers in Kashmir, nearly three times the number of U.S. troops in Iraq at the peak of the occupation. And India's half-century-old Armed Forces Special Powers Act, which was extended to Kashmir in 1990, gives troops the legal authority to shoot any person they suspect of being a threat and guarantees them immunity from prosecution. To bring a soldier before a civilian court requires the permission of India's Home Affairs Ministry; there are more than 400 cases still waiting for permission to prosecute troops known to have killed Kashmiri noncombatant civilians.

I know you get a bit uncomfortable when we discuss the reality of Pakistan versus your pious talks.

The facts I mentioned still remain. There are some excesses in any insurgency but that is not a policy.

You may remember innocent Pushtun tribals being beaten by Pakistani army in Swat and other areas.

And I am not even talking of Farhat Taj's accusations against Pakistan as of now about the killing of innocent tribals in the name of fighting Taliban, while actually not really fighting them.

I might try to buy an ebook copy, I don't think it would look nice sitting on my shelf in paperback.

But first, why exactly do you want me to read it?

When I see her being invited to Western talk shows, it is usually to talk about the Maoists.

Yes read it and commend on it based on what u read not on wikipedia infos.

Yeah lately the western talk show ones gets people to talk against nations are in demand, thats the issue when we have a very competitive field in there with 1000s of media outlets.

How? Care to explain?

I did in that post itself.

When the vast majority of the population refuses to accept the government as legitimate and a large military presence is deployed to brutally quash dissent, then that government becomes illegitimate for that region. The military presence then becomes an occupying force and there's no such thing as a 'legal' occupation.

I know you get a bit uncomfortable when we discuss the reality of Pakistan versus your pious talks.

The facts I mentioned still remain. There are some excesses in any insurgency but that is not a policy.

You may remember innocent Pushtun tribals being beaten by Pakistani army in Swat and other areas.

And I am not even talking of Farhat Taj's accusations against Pakistan as of now about the killing of innocent tribals in the name of fighting Taliban, while actually not really fighting them.

Can you focus on Arundhati Roy & Kashmir please?

Yes read it and commend on it based on what u read not on wikipedia infos.

Yeah lately the western talk show ones gets people to talk against nations are in demand, thats the issue when we have a very competitive field in there with 1000s of media outlets.

Hahaha, what you are trying to do... is to stop me from trolling Indian members, and instead get me to read a book that was written by an Indian troll (Ahrundati Roy).

I'll try to find a copy online.

Back
Top Bottom