What's new

Arundhati Roy calls for end to Indian ‘occupation’ of Kashmir

Yes, discussing on-topic issues. Not talking about 9/11, the US or anything in a thread called "Arundhati Roy calls for end to Indian ‘occupation’ of Kashmir".

People discuss the issues raised by other members or to draw a parallel.

Don't try and police here. You don't have that job as yet.

Where did the Nepalese fit in ? :woot:

Their citizens took part in all four wars on our side and served courageously and are still doing so. SO gimme your definition of hate.

They need no visas to visit India and so do Indians to visit Nepal.

In addition to that,the Nepalese,Bhutanese people can work in India,without any work-visa.I have got many friends from my college who were Nepalese or Bhutanese and now they are working for various Indian companies just like any other Indian.

Although, this is not the topic at hand, but you support that man who can be charged for crimes against humanity?
Are you insane.

Hahaha, if Mr. Modi gets elected as PM of India, he might share the same destiny as Mrs. Gandhi. :lol:

Pakistan has her own problems, but as much problems or severity India has. Just wait until the War in Terrorism ends, and Pakistan will start prosper.

Lol the war on terrorism is like the war on drugs you cannot eradicate both completely it is impossible besides there is not even a internationally accepted definition of what a terrorist is.

what is your proof that Modi has committed crimes against humanity did Modi himself go and kill people or even go as far as helping those commit the crimes? the only thing which he is responsible for is inaction his slow response time in sending in forces caused the damage to be done what you claim to be crimes against humanity you have the wrong CM Mayawati would be a perfect person for trial on charges of crimes against humanity

Narendra Modi has turned Gujarat into India's most prosperous state by modernization and urbanization if he becomes PM he will do the same for the nation as a whole btw Indira Gandhi was a corrupt autocrat who played corrupt and divisive politics to achieve her means Modi is not corrupt and is a saint compared to Indira Gandhi

dude your problems have caused your country to be considered a failed state we have 1/3 of our population living in poverty yet we are not considered a failed state not to mention Pakistan is also considered the worlds most dangerous country. even when US leaves Afghanistan you think you will prosper? what happened during Bhutto and Sharif's regimes? did you prosper then?

Democracy is a system of governance. Not perfect by any means.

Let's not get carried away. It is not final and perfect like some other systems anyway.

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

What parallel does 9/11 & US have with Kashmir or Arundhati Roy? Care to explain?

Read the thread. It is obvious.

Not at all. The Puerto Rico situation also had armed groups but a true democracy like the US handled the situation in a more mature and humane way without resorting to jingoism.

LOL googled Puerto Rican insurgency and google did a blank.

But anyway we look upto the American civil war as an inspiration.

Again, the Canadian and American scenarios are about individual provinces or territories and their right to decide their future.

Again I say refer American civil war.If you are not satisfied with it refer the ETA, refer the IRA, refer the LTTE.

Oh BTW using your logic should not have Pakistan not supported the Lankans wo were brutally quashing an insurgency (in your parlance, people's movement for freedom) ?

The future is not dictated be external groups.

But in Kashmir, external groups are involved.

They want what is their due from 1947. The means of achieving the results may change with the times, but their original rights remain unaffected.

Thats what I am saying. They still can achieve what the millions of Punjabis, Biharis, Hyderabadis achieved - migration to the land of the pure.

Read above.

Read and I still say Kashmiris are happily exercising their democratic right to vote every five years and the last time they did was with a turnout of 88%. Impressive, I must say.

And, like I wrote, the ground realities do not mesh with this British poll. We know there are some 'interesting' characters enjoying British hospitality, so we won't lose too much sleep over their propaganda when the actual people living in our areas are not complaining.

Is it 'ground reality' or your version of reality. I am inclined to believe it is the latter.

The actual figure is less important than the magnitude. You say 3.5; international media says 5, some say 7.

Actual figure is important as we are the ones deploying them and we know the best. BTW the need for the numbers, Vinod clearly explained.

Uh, read that again. I was referring to 'our Kashmir', as in Gilgit, etc.

Oh ok. Be happy with that.

Pakistanis hate Modi because they ignorantly consider him to be a mass murderer whereas his governance and economic liberalization of Gujarat has earned him praise world wide no proof exists that ties Modi directly to the riots in fact the people of Gujarat no better as well which is why they reelected him because of him Gujarat is prosperous.

Does M/s Roy hold an opinion on kashmiri pandits, LET, JEM too? its very easy to see one side of the coin . What about pakistans proxy war?

Does M/s Roy hold an opinion on kashmiri pandits, LET, JEM too? its very easy to see one side of the coin . What about pakistans proxy war?

She is afraid of those, she knew Indians will tolerate her.

it would be advisable if you focus on the topic of the thread. Appreciate it.

They will never do that.

This is the signature modus operandi of the Indian troll parade. When they can't address the topic at hand, they wander off into self-invoked tangents and launch into a posting binge of off-topic propaganda to derail the thread.

It's only a matter of time before the 'Muslim invasion of India' gets dragged in here somehow, full of videos and links about that period. Some people use every thread as an opportunity to vomit their stock propaganda.

Why should they move? It is the Indian occupation forces that should move.

Once again, a true democracy is not afraid to let the people decide and it is precisely in highly controversial issues that the real test of democracy lies. India's refusal to honor democracy in Kashmir speaks volumes.

They should move because that was Partition.

I dont know why a choice that was not given to millions of Punjabis, Bengalis,Biharis,Sindhis be given to the Kashmiri Muslims alone ?

ROFL.. let go of the democracy charade will ya ? I have given you many examples of functioning democracies like US,UK,Spain etc not tolerating a threat to their sovereignty and upholding it by all means necessary.

Arundhati has only made a fool of herself after she started dabbling into issues where she has limited experience.

She should continue writing the books.

Arundhati calls for revoking AFSPA from J&K
New York: Indian writer Arundhati Roy has said revoking the armed forces act from Jammu and Kashmir and demilitarisation is required to ensure the right of self-determination to the people of the state and a country cannot call itself a democracy if people are forced to live under military rule.

"I want to say unambiguously that I do not think any country that calls itself a democracy has the right to force people to remain in it in a militaristic way, the way that India is doing in order to prove that it's a secular country," Roy said at a panel discussion on Kashmir at the Asia Society here.

"I think that the people of Kashmir have the right to self-determination, they have the right to choose who they want to be and how they want to be. The first step would be to demilitarise, to withdraw this absolutely unbelievable law the Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA)," Roy said.

PTI

http://zeenews.**********/news/jamm...lls-for-revoking-afspa-from-jandk_741448.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

lol :lol:
Even Indian media cannot keep lying forever, because she spoke at an international place, and international media picked it up.

Does M/s Roy hold an opinion on kashmiri pandits, LET, JEM too? its very easy to see one side of the coin .
According to her, it is just like 1857 onwards scenario. Fighting against occupation forces.

Back
Top Bottom