What's new

Article 149 to be implemented in Karachi!

After 18 amendment all the power is with provincial government. They can't use bureaucracy since they don't have power

I don't know what you are talking about. It looks like you just want to oppose article 149 for the sake of it and don't have any alternative

Mark my words:

Implement article 149 and then wait for 6 to 12-months.
99% of those who are supporting this article today, will be spitting venom against it then.
Exactly these arguments were given each time the martial law was imposed in Pakistan.
We know what happened next.

You say that city and then say "the people of Sind". Contradictions.

what we have in Pakistan is that the destiny of Karachi is decided by the people from sindh who are being patronized by the PPP Wadairaz. PPP gets the provincial government from the help of Sindh rural areas and not Karachi. But alas, there you have it, they are ruling Karachi. This is what I am trying to say. Karachi has to be a separate entity.

They have no right and should never be allowed to rule over Karachi.

With the current outline of provinces and the constitution of Pakistan, its not possible. If PPP wins the next provincial election in Sindh, again Karachi will go to them unless Karachi is separate from Sindh.

Is this the limitation of parliamentary system.
IK has already mentioned this many times that people have learned the art of wining the election but they have no skills to do the job. Hopefully Presidential system will fix that flaw.
PTI doesn’t have the major or the numbers to remove Sindh CM. Also PTI MPAs, MQM and GDA have different goals. MQM wants to make money without doing any work because they are used to it. They have sold their zameer for few seats and votes.

There is no provision of Presidential system in the constitution.
You will have to abrogate the constitution, which is the ultimate mistake we can make in the current geo-political scenario

All systems have their limitations.
IK needs to whip his MNAs and MPAs to work, rather than running around on expensive motorbikes.

Mark my words:

99% of those who are supporting this article today, will be spitting venom against it then.
Exactly these arguments were given each time the martial law was imposed in Pakistan.

Don’t need to worry... you have seen incompetent MQM and PPP, now let federal government take care of it.

There is no provision of Presidential system in the constitution.
You will have to abrogate the constitution, which is the ultimate mistake we can make in the current geo-political scenario

All systems have their limitations.
IK needs to whip his MNAs and MPAs to work, rather than running around on expensive motorbikes.

current system is like a rotten mango.
No one likes to eat rotten mango. Do you?

All politicians except few are corrupt including PTI. So new system with proper checks and balances will fix things.

Eventually things will change....if Turkey can go to Presidential system, why can’t Pakistan.

Last edited:
Mark my words:

We would see about that

But still you haven't given us the solution till now

We would see about that

But still you haven't given us the solution till now

I have, and I repeat.

Whip the as*es of current MNAs and MPAs of PTI.

Tell them "banday ka putter bun - aur kamm kar".

Are you an Army man?

What happens in army if someone not working to the optimum?
Do you get him replaced by another?
OR - do you whip him to do his job (if he doesn't do - he is shown the door)

Does it ring any bell?

Why this is any different?

Don’t need to worry... you have seen incompetent MQM and PPP, now let federal government take care of it.

current system is like a rotten mango.
No one likes to eat rotten mango. Do you?

All politicians except few are corrupt including PTI. So new system with proper checks and balances will fix things.

Eventually things will change....if Turkey can go to Presidential system, why can’t Pakistan.

May be worse than the rotten mangoes.
But you are mixing apples and oranges (both look rounded but are different).

How can you apply something (Presidential system) that doesn't exist?

Turkey and Pakistan are two different systems of Governance - one Presidential, other is Parliamentary.
Please try and understand something before making any suggestions.
Try and understand implications of violating the constitution.

I have, and I repeat.

Are you an Army man?

Does it ring any bell?

What are you smoking? Are you comparing Army with these politicians? Even after I explained to you about limitations of our current system. IK May be able to take his ministry away but he will still be a MPA because he is elected by people.

What are you smoking? Are you comparing Army with these politicians? Even after I explained to you about limitations of our current system. IK May be able to take his ministry away but he will still be a MPA because he is elected by people.

Whatever I may be smoking, at least I don't have my nose in my arse.

Where did I compare Army with Politicians?

Limitations of current system do not mean abrogation of constitution.....do you understand what is constitution?

Do you understand the difference between different systems of governance?

Try and read something.

I have, and I repeat.

Are you an Army man?

Does it ring any bell?

May be worse than the rotten mangoes.
But you are mixing apples and oranges (both look rounded but are different).

How can you apply something (Presidential system) that doesn't exist?

Turkey and Pakistan are two different systems of Governance - one Presidential, other is Parliamentary.
Please try and understand something before making any suggestions.
Try and understand implications of violating the constitution.

Whatever I may be smoking, at least I don't have my nose in my arse.

Where did I compare Army with Politicians?

Limitations of current system do not mean abrogation of constitution.....do you understand what is constitution?

Do you understand the difference between different systems of governance?

Try and read something.

First lean ABC of politics. Article 149 is part of 18th amendment and federal government can invoke it. Are you saying you know more about law then law minister?

You are completely waste of time. For you kind information, Turkey had parliamentary system and they made the change to Presidential system.
In July 2018, having triumphed in the presidential elections the previous month, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan began to formally transform Turkey’s long-standing parliamentary system into a heavily centralized presidential one.
Source:https://www.brookings.edu/research/turkeys-new-presidential-system-and-a-changing-west/

whether you understand it or not, or like it or not like it, establishment want Presidential system, wait for PTI to get 2/3 majority and IK will ask for referendum just like turkey. There will be more provinces as PTI now want to create more provinces. There might be 3 provinces from Punjab.

Comparing PTI MPA to Army (and saying when did i compare to army, that so sad)
upload_2019-9-11_19-30-52.png

Last edited:
Not possible. Noon leaguers will not accept it because they have pact with ppp. Both agrees to destroy karachi under the supervision of bearucracy and establishment. All those who are against this in this forum are noon leaguer.

Excellent move... Make Karachi great again!!

Expect the PeePeePee Zardari clan to destroy this before it even takes off.

so a guy 'Dil Pakistan' is opposing article 149?

first become a permanent resident of this city then open your mouth.

I have lived my whole life here, and we know what is right for this city. At this stage some decision has to be made. the city has almost rot to the core, dont wait for it to become another bangaldesh.

I see some of my fellow Pakistani hold vendetta against us, but its alright, I dont want to react to it as this is a time for unity.

Mark my words:

Can you explain why would people be "spitting venom against"?... What are the reasons it will be bad for Karachi???

Can you explain why would people be "spitting venom against"?... What are the reasons it will be bad for Karachi???

Sir!

Some of the points I have made in earlier posts, but I make them here (some new, some in a different way).

1). You may have noted the statement of Pir Pagara this evening. His statement reflects a deep sentiment of interior Sindh. Our Sindh province is deeply sensitive to any attempt to divide Sindh in any shape or form - even if it is an administrative one (unlike the divide of Punjab into South and the rest, division of Sindh not possible or acceptable). This will create ill feelings inside interior Sindh towards the Karachi and Hyderabad and the centre - not a good outcome for Pakistan.
One needs to remember that the events of MRD movement in 80s are still in the memory of people of interior Sindh.
At this juncture in history, we cannot afford an internal division. We need to unite.

2). When we impose article 149 - the question is: who run Karachi ?
The bureaucracy?
The military?
Who else?
Now! if it is bureaucracy - this is bad bad news. This bunch is never sincere to anyone. They will embroiled the system into one controversy after another.
If we say the military calls the shots - we need to look how much trouble Rangers had in the last few years. It is highly likely that military is about to be stretched even more due to the geo-political changes taking place.

3). Imposing article 149 means accepting the failure. This includes the failure of those who represent Karachi.

4). Who can say that the "hidden forces" will not come into action to make the NEW system a failure. Once that happens, then what is next?
Back to the old system?
The failure of NEW system will disenfranchise the masses and the political elite of PTI.

The failure of current system is not due to lack of power or authority.
It is due to lack of will, incompetence and leadership quality.

It was the same Karachi that was led by Mohammad Hussain Mehanti and Naimat Ullah Advocate - the two mayors of Karachi, still revered by the Karachites.

5). This implementation will also been seen as a coup of MQM, from inside the central govt. It will not go down well with rural Sindh.

looks like govt got a hint from PDF thread about karachi :)
i fully support this move. any disruption in this move should be deal with iron hand. give rangers free hand.
I swear to God sometimes it feels PTI has their spies on social media

Back
Top Bottom