What's new

Article 149 to be implemented in Karachi!

The other name of Article 149 is - Governer Raaj.

It is a bad bad decision. For many reasons.

PDF members must also keep in mind the adverse side effects of the decision if its taken. Sectarianism, political gang fighting and economic instability could take hold of Karachi. PPP wont let Karachi function normally either they are in power or not.

More reasons they shouldn't have anything to do with Karachi.
A party which has no interests in the well being of the citizens of a city, shouldn't be allowed to rule it.

I am very disappointed from the Arsehole Also known as Bilawal Zardari. He is educated in the UK on the money of a poor nation, but his brain has failed to develop. When he speaks my blood boils. What a piece of crap.

The other name of Article 149 is - Governer Raaj.

It is a bad bad decision. For many reasons.

No. Governor Raj would be for all the Sind. In that case the PPP government would be ousted from Sind and control given to the Governor as representative of the Federation.
But this article was specifically written in the 18th Amendment to give federation control over the provinces, in case they start to misbehave.
This would only give administration of Karachi to the Federal Government to sort it out.

I for all is in favor of Governor's Raj or creating a breakaway group within PPP i.e. forward block, to get rid of corrupt and inefficient PPP forever from Sind. We all know they win by rigging the elections.

No. Governor Raj would be for all the Sind. In that case the PPP government would be ousted from Sind and control given to the Governor as representative of the Federation.
But this article was specifically written in the 18th Amendment to give federation control over the provinces, in case they start to misbehave.
This would only give administration of Karachi to the Federal Government to sort it out.

I for all is in favor of Governor's Raj or creating a breakaway group within PPP i.e. forward block, to get rid of corrupt and inefficient PPP forever from Sind. We all know they win by rigging the elections.

OK - thanks. I didn't know.

My worry is to take away the powers from the "elected" people representative (however pathetic they may be) has never yielded positive results in the country.

Are you living in Karachi or a Karachiite?

I have lived in Karachi for 3-years.

A lot of my very close family lives in Karachi.

I have lived in Karachi for 3-years.

A lot of my very close family lives in Karachi.

Then you have first hand knowledge of how PPP has systematically raped Karachi over the last 12 years. Turned it from a rapidly developing city to a khandar. I don't care if PTI imposes governer rule or chaprasi rule.... Whatever it takes to rid us off PPP.

My worry is to take away the powers from the "elected" people representative (however pathetic they may be) has never yielded positive results in the country.

In Karachi PTI has 14 seats and MQM has 6 seats. Those are 20 off the 22 MNA seats available in Karachi, so which representatives you are talking about?

Then you have first hand knowledge of how PPP has systematically raped Karachi over the last 12 years. Turned it from a rapidly developing city to a khandar. I don't care if PTI imposes governer rule or chaprasi rule.... Whatever it takes to rid us off PPP.

MQM did exactly the same (I am not a Pipliya).

Karachi even rejected Bilawal who lost from Liyari

So what representatives you are talking about?

In Karachi PTI has 14 seats and MQM has 6 seats. Those are 20 off the 22 MNA seats available in Karachi, so which representatives you are talking about?

Sir! you need to look at and understand the history of Pakistan.

Whenever these type of articles are imposed, there is invariable shift of power away from the "elected" representatives (again! however pathetic they may be).
The power concentrates in the hands of bureaucracy etc. And these people always have their own agendas.
With time, this gives rise to disgruntled masses; who then become disillusioned with the NEW change - because they never get what they hoped for.
As a result, the political support slips away - the elected representatives start to feel pressure and become disenfranchised.

The outcome is never good.

Never think this as a one step game - it is a thousand step journey.

Karachi even rejected Bilawal who lost from Liyari
So what representatives you are talking about?

Please see my above reply to the same / similar question.

A party which has no interests in the well being of the citizens of a city, shouldn't be allowed to rule it.

Q) Who will decide that which political party will rule that city?
Ans.) The people of Sindh.

They have given the PPP an even stronger mandate in the 2018 elections. The people of Sindh really love PPP for their outstanding performance.

The moment they are "disallowed" from ruling that city, JAmHuRiAt kHaTrAy mAi pArH jAe Gi.

Bilawal is an educated but uncultured p*g whose politics now revolves around cheap rhetorical point scoring by sending sharp tongues on prime time news shows.

Any intervention in Karachi should be coupled with an Iron hand from the State of Pakistan. A severe sanctions of the Pakistani media will also need to be established. These are steps, necessary, yet still risky, in order to save Karachi because Karachi is still the single commercial pillar of Pakistan's economy and her well being is extremely important if PTI and the establishment want to realize their dreams of improving the economy of the country.

Q) Who will decide that which political party will rule that city?
Ans.) The people of Sindh.

They have given the PPP an even stronger mandate in the 2018 elections. The people of Sindh really love PPP for their outstanding performance.

The moment they are "disallowed" from ruling that city, JAmHuRiAt kHaTrAy mAi pArH jAe Gi.

Bilawal is an educated but uncultured p*g whose politics now revolves around cheap rhetorical point scoring by sending sharp tongues on prime time news shows.

Any intervention in Karachi should be coupled with an Iron hand from the State of Pakistan. A severe sanctions of the Pakistani media will also need to be established. These are steps, necessary, yet still risky, in order to save Karachi because Karachi is still the single commercial pillar of Pakistan's economy and her well being is extremely important if PTI and the establishment want to realize their dreams of improving the economy of the country.

You say that city and then say "the people of Sind". Contradictions.
The so-called people of Sind AKA PPP are the enemies of Karachi. They as explained in one post above are not the representatives of the city of Karachi.
They have always looted Karachi and destroyed it. They have no right and should never be allowed to rule over Karachi.
Without Karachi corrupt thug Bilawal cannot eat his breakfast. Remember his restaurants bills are paid from the fake accounts operated by him and his father. When you equate such criminals with politics. You disrespect the people and politics both.

Last edited:
First of all Pee Pee Pee is not representative of Karachi

Secondly you want status quo to continue at the cost of 20 million Pakistanis living in Karachi.

How exactly is the right thing to do for you?

I know where PP stands in Karachi - zero.

But! in my view the answer is not article 149.

If PTI has 14 seats (and double the MPAs in SA) and its ally (MQM) has the rest of the seats, then what the hell is the problem?
The real problem is that all the PTI MNAs and MPAs want to become IK, and be looked and treated as IK.
They want to sit on TV shows and give BHASHANN every day.
Not a single one has any leadership quality.
None knows what to do.
How to connect with the people?
How to use bureaucracy?
How to galvanise the public to achieve objectives?

If IK doesn't tell them to stay in their HALQAS during monsoon rains, they don't even know that.

Karachi Governor, of PTI, has a show of expensive motorbikes in the Governor house.
Another minister from Karachi, runs on the roads of Karachi, on his expensive motorbike.

Is this what PTI had promised?
Is this the vision IK had?

There is news that suggestion is given to the federal government that Article 149 should be implemented in regards to Karachi.

Under article 149 the federal government would be in charge of running of Karachi.

I hope this take place, because PPP is utterly incapable of governing and maintaining Karachi.
They have turned it in to a garbage dump.

Bypass Incompetent MQM and PPP and don’t give them any credit. Federal government must have it’s own administration running the show.

If PTI has 14 seats (and double the MPAs in SA) and its ally (MQM) has the rest of the seats, then what the hell is the problem?
The real problem is that all the PTI MNAs and MPAs want to become IK, and be looked and treated as IK.
None knows what to do.
How to use bureaucracy?

If IK doesn't tell them to stay in their HALQAS during monsoon rains, they don't even know that.

Karachi Governor, of PTI, has a show of expensive motorbikes in the Governor house.
Another minister from Karachi, runs on the roads of Karachi, on his expensive motorbike.

After 18 amendment all the power is with provincial government. They can't use bureaucracy since they don't have power

I don't know what you are talking about. It looks like you just want to oppose article 149 for the sake of it and don't have any alternative

None knows what to do.
How to use bureaucracy?

Is this the limitation of parliamentary system.
IK has already mentioned this many times that people have learned the art of wining the election but they have no skills to do the job. Hopefully Presidential system will fix that flaw.
PTI doesn’t have the major or the numbers to remove Sindh CM. Also PTI MPAs, MQM and GDA have different goals. MQM wants to make money without doing any work because they are used to it. They have sold their zameer for few seats and votes.

Back
Top Bottom