What's new

Army to get 44 MBT-2000 tanks

as per wiki
main battle tank 644+
Light Tank 140+
Armoured Personnel Carrier 1356+

Sorry Mr, cross check some other sources and then verify.
There is, defence****, bdmilitary, wiki(bangladesh army page)

There are alone 1000+, BTR-80 APCs
with 130 serving in UN missions.

Additional APCs we have are,
Fahd 240, BTR-70, BTR-T(from BD) , M113, MT-LB, Type 62(converted in BD) ,
Type 85

i wonder which one is correct.. Wiki page '' equipments of BD army'' says we have 10 m113. And wiki page 'M113' says we have 250 of them ...

i wonder which one is correct.. Wiki page '' equipments of BD army'' says we have 10 m113. And wiki page 'M113' says we have 250 of them ...

Those are all phased out,
The page on M113 has not been updated I guess.
And 250 APC from US seems unlikely.

infact the 10/250 m113 whatever we count are on lease for UN mission from usa

Seems there was a tender and the offers were from
China
Russia
Pakistan
Ukraine

The lowest offer came from Norinco and then :tup:
Though considering political scenario(AL),
other reasons might have popped, not sure though.

Russia also participated? :woot:

I like the T-90's slopped armor design :D

Have you seen what Zionist did to Lebanon few years ago. Only Hezbollah fighters shown some ground resistance otherwise it was walk in the park for Zionist. :what:

We are no Lebanese. We can not allow enemy easy walk over us. We must build at least minimum deterrence against any outside forces. Enemy should think thousand times before come on attack us. :smokin:

That's what happens when a country outsources its national security to another country!

Seems there was a tender and the offers were from
China
Russia
Pakistan
Ukraine

The lowest offer came from Norinco and then :tup:
Though considering political scenario(AL),
other reasons might have popped, not sure though.

Source for your claims about AL?

:rofl:
al khalid is pakistani export version of MBT-2000. Do you see they ever mentioned Pakistan when selling MBT-2000 to Bangladesh?

MBT-2000 is Chinese. The AK is the Pakistani variant.

Source for your claims?

I don't know the credibility of Russia and Pakistan offering deals. But Ukraine certainly did. They offered the Yatagan.

In 2007 the Bangladesh Army began negotiations for the procurement of 76 T-84 Yatagan tanks in the first batch. The Bangladesh Army intends to induct a substantial number of Yatagans (200 to 300) over the next several years as part of its third generation main battle tank procurement program.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-84

Both are same. MBT-2000 exported to Pakistan under ToT just like T-90 in India.

Partly correct, but still they are different. The T-90S variant (export model) India uses are the downgraded versions of the T-90 used by Russia.

The AK is the result of a joint collaboration between China and Pakistan. I am pretty sure the MBT-2000s Bangladesh would get are not as good as the ones Pakistan uses.

Partly correct, but still they are different. The T-90S variant (export model) India uses are the downgraded versions of the T-90 used by Russia.

The AK is the result of a joint collaboration between China and Pakistan. I am pretty sure the MBT-2000s Bangladesh would get are not as good as the ones Pakistan uses.

What is Pakistani in that joint collaboration? Is T-90S Indian Russian joint collaboration? India makes T-90S the way Pakistan makes AK.

Good going Bangladesh.. Srilanka is already receiving Chinese Defence Equipment and its great to see Bangladesh joining in.
And I would love to see more of Chinese tech in your inventory because its not about choosing the country, is also about choosing the side. Good Going!

Great news !!! Thanks for the post integra. All we need now is a few more warbirds, frigates and subs and we will have a very strong military

Back
Top Bottom