What's new

Army to get 44 MBT-2000 tanks

Know if a nation is trying to break you part, what do you expect it to do??? Bangladesh will only see retaliation, hence my comment.

What about China and Pakistan? Why just Bangladesh?

You need to build up your arsenal of nukes and long-range missiles if you want to take out all three.

The Soviet number of nuclear weapons and ICBM's should be enough, considering the combined size of all three countries.

Pakistan and China are in range. India doesnt need to obliterate it, just hit targets in center and eastern sides of China. No need to hit Tibet, Turkistan, parts of Manchuria. If that three prong attack happens, Pakistan and Bangladesh will be the suffers, because its the closest. And small in size.

Don't nuke Xiang gang plz. :P

(And of course, China's 294 megatons of nuclear weapons won't be used in retaliation, because we are peaceful Buddhists. :azn:).

Nukes are a great way to maintain peace actually.

Even a tiny nation like North Korea, can successfully scare off much larger countries with even a handful of the most primitive nuclear weapons.

Ya, but I dont really support nations like India building more. And I am guess China built that much for Russia?

A long shot...WILL is a command don't be so sure of the outcomes. All your economic wonders will go down the drain if you opt for another War.

Thats why I said Bangladesh isn't that stupid. India doesnt want war either. Both of them have something good going.

Ya, but I dont really support nations like India building more. And I am guess China built that much for Russia?

Soviet Union you mean?

With a superpower like the USSR, you've got to show that you mean business.

They respect strength, and that's what we showed them.

Ya, I call it Russia some times.

I consider them to be different entities. I have enormous respect for Russia and Russian culture, however I have a twinge of paranoia when I think about the USSR.

When you think about how many tanks and nukes they had, it was just ridiculous. :lol:

For such a small country, it sure is.

But most of our tanks are old enough to replace with new generation tanks . though we are upgraded some or most of our tank regiment this new tanks in our inventory surly will enhance the moral of our army .

some criteria of Bangladesh army's new MBT
a. 3rd generation
b. easy of maintain and secured source of spare parts
c. ease of conversion and training
d. future scope of locally producing parts/overhaul/low maintenance cost
e. bilateral and defense procurement relationship
f. the ultimate decision given by PM's Defense Adviser (off the record)

There have been some rumours(albeit some solid ones) that the MBT-2000 could be ordered and some 44 procured within a short time.
How ever with so many false reports about new MBTs for the BD army, I won't believe any until I see the new Tanks in Bangladesh in the Bangladeshi army colours.
But with the confirm news in daily news paper it is now confirm we are geting mbt 2000 so we can tell where is smoke there is fire .:)

Great news...thanks for the post Integra...!

I believe the amount you have posted about the number of Tanks+APCs is almost authentic. And as Iajdani said it is a very decent number.

However...i was always up for a better air-defence system as compared to birds itself...as they are more affordable and effective.

Can China offer us some better AD equipments...?

Cheers!!!

With 800 tanks and 1300 APC, and people saying BD army is just a push over. Did not get it.. I think its a decent army.

Enough to be a credible deterent...and BD only needs this.

I believe the amount you have posted about the number of Tanks+APCs is almost authentic. And as Iajdani said it is a very decent number.

However...i was always up for a better air-defence system as compared to birds itself...as they are more affordable and effective.

Cheers!!!

for your interest a repeat post
"BD Govt is planning to introduce a multilayer AD system very soon. For these they already form a joint forces' committee which includes - Director, AD, BA and Director, AD, BAF and other concerned officers and directorates (such as WE&S, Artillery of BA and Air Plans etc). As far as I know, their plan is like as follows -

1. VSHORAD : FB-6A (6 km)
2. SHORAD : FM-90 (12 km, for point defence)
3. Medium Range : LY-60D/LY-60N (22 km, for limited aerial defence)
4. Semi-Long Range : LY-70 [Naval Version]/LY-80 (42km, for aerial defence)

[LY-70/LY-80 is a reverse engineered version of Russian BUK-M1-2]"

the military had chosen the QW-2 to replace the HN-5 as the standard MANPAD and local production of QW-2 missiles was going to begin soon. How ever it appears that after much field testing the Armed Forces are not satisfied with the QW-2 and have opted for the FN-16( modernised FN-6) So far the MANPADS were only used by artillery units but the army plans to equip all ground units with MANPADS.
source

Cheers!!!

@ I don't thing so that we have such a big number of tanks and APC's. It may be maximum of three hundred tanks and around 250 APC's.

@ I don't thing so that we have such a big number of tanks and APC's. It may be maximum of three hundred tanks and around 250 APC's.

Sorry Mr, cross check some other sources and then verify.
There is, defence****, bdmilitary, wiki(bangladesh army page)

There are alone 1000+, BTR-80 APCs
with 130 serving in UN missions.

Additional APCs we have are,
Fahd 240, BTR-70, BTR-T(from BD) , M113, MT-LB, Type 62(converted in BD) ,
Type 85

Back
Top Bottom