What's new

Army ready to forgo Military Hardware for Economic Boost

Its in every circle in US,,,its all Gen Kiyani's personality. Otherwise non qualified person in the delegation, who really got any attention from US official except Kiyani.

one thing is sure, your COAS has had very very bad time in the US...allah knows what kind of interaction senators kerry and lugar have had with your
CAOS and that forced him to take the U turn

Nonsense and drivel! Were you a participant in these discussions?

It is supremely apparent in all statement by US military and political figures that Gen. Kiyani is highly respected by all quarters. His strategy has worked better than any other, and the Pakistan Army, under him, is the only entity that can help the US "right" Afghanistan.

It is supremely apparent in all statement by US military and political figures that Gen. Kiyani is highly respected by all quarters. His strategy has worked better than any other, and the Pakistan Army, under him, is the only entity that can help the US "right" Afghanistan.

come on man. wat type of statement are you responding to. leave him alone :pop:

i definitely feels something fishy here...why the army suddenly changed its traditional approach of military first and the rest are next(economy)..

even your army has gone with its own wish list of hardwares to demand from the US.. and also your civilian government went with its own list of many power and infrastructure projects close to $ 600m...

the obvious question what the US must have asked your COAS is that on the one hand pakistan is demanding aid for power projects and on the other you want modern hardwares which will not have any use against talibans, from where pakistan has got enough $$$ to purchase those new hardwares..if at all you have the money purchase the hardwares woth billions, why dont you guys spend that on your power projects?

one thing is sure, your COAS has had very very bad time in the US...allah knows what kind of interaction senators kerry and lugar have had with your
CAOS and that forced him to take the U turn

Don't take it personally, but I think sanity and respect is what your posts miss. Time for a check warrior.

I have not seen a single line on PBS news about general kiyani in USA or about strategic talk. Looks like kiyani is less words and more work. right person

When MMS was in USA, there was huge media coverage.

I have not seen a single line on PBS news about general kiyani in USA or about strategic talk. Looks like kiyani is less words and more work. right person

When MMS was in USA, there was huge media coverage.

It makes absolutely no sense to publicize the visit of an Army Chief. His domain is security related talks. Those are best left to be discussed in private.

There is plenty of coverage of the Pakistani visit at the American State department website. Gen Kiyani is absent from all the videos/press conferences because he usually never speaks to the press and as an Army chief, he has nothing to say to the press (something which is the norm for all Pakistani CoAS except when the Army has taken over the government.) FM Qureshi has done an admirable job this time around and although I am no fan of the PPP, I think they have done a tremendous job of getting this forum started with the US side and also working with the Pakistani security establishment during the workup to this visit. For the smooth facilitation of this visit and meetings, the Pakistani ambassador to the US, Hussain Haqqani, also deserves praise.

All in all, this has been a good thing for both the US and Pakistan.

It makes absolutely no sense to publicize the visit of an Army Chief. His domain is security related talks. Those are best left to be discussed in private.

There is plenty of coverage of the Pakistani visit at the American State department website. Gen Kiyani is absent from all the videos/press conferences because he usually never speaks to the press and as an Army chief, he has nothing to say to the press (something which is the norm for all Pakistani CoAS except when the Army has taken over the government.) FM Qureshi has done an admirable job this time around and although I am no fan of the PPP, I think they have done a tremendous job of getting this forum started with the US side and also working with the Pakistani security establishment during the workup to this visit. For the smooth facilitation of this visit and meetings, the Pakistani ambassador to the US, Hussain Haqqani, also deserves praise.

All in all, this has been a good thing for both the US and Pakistan.

Absolutely right!
:tup:

dear friend, i have noticed even in this forum that the majority of pakistanis cursed the US just not too long before and now acting like as though US is your great friend..

can any pakistanis answer me if the COAS was so successful in his strategies, then why he has to take U turn overnight?

the US is playing its card great and i wonder how easily your leadership can be deceived, now the pakistanis are getting entangled in another serious trouble in afganistan in the name of reconcilation...

the idea of reconcilation is good for the US to get out of afg but definitely not for the pakistan, even if you feel you will get strategic depth there... dont you guys remember how the ghost created by ISI and CIA haunted you. for a secure pakistan, it should keep its hands out of afg as much as possible..

Washington, Mar.26 (ANI): Pakistan Army Chief General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani has said that he has told US lawmakers that the country's armed forces were ready to drop their demand for 'hardware' if Islamabad is assured that its energy and economic needs would be taken care of.

Buzz up!Interacting with media persons during a briefing at the Pakistan Embassy here, Kayani said there has been a marked change in the White House's attitude towards Pakistan following the military's successful operation against extremists in South Waziristan and the Swat Valley.

"I told Senator John Kerry and Senator Richard Lugar that in order to make sure that Pakistan's economy and energy needs are met, we are willing to forgo the military equipment that we have asked for," The Dawn quoted Kayani, as saying.ayani had met the two influential US Senators earlier this week ahead of the first ministerial level strategic talks between Pakistan and America.

He underlined that the economy and power were the two most worrisome issues his country is facing currently.

"The most important concerns for Pakistan today are economy and energy and we have emphasised that with the American administration that these are the needs that need to be met," General Kayani said. (ANI)

Pak Army ready to drop US 'hardware' demand if energy, economy needs met: Kayani - Oneindia News

just clear our all debt we'll be more than happy to spend that monthly or yearly whatever we pay to us as interest and debt return for the use of hardware purchases.

One thing is clear.The US will neither give pakistan predator drones leave alone the technology nor will they agree to a civilian nuclear deal similar to the one they have with India.

I think if we can get 5-20 power plants with 100MW Each form gas with US cooperation I think it would be ok

Pakistan is schedualed to get two major gas pipelines

a) From Iran
b) From Turkamanistan

So the prices of gas will go down in Pakistan 50% and thus , the energy will also become abundant

Energy is our top concern

wait for a moment, you know the US will also look for the puppet which ensures that the US will not not be in trouble in future and can you guess who is that right puppet? no one else than your COAS.. have you ever thout one thing, what the hell a particular country's COAS is doing when there is a strategic dialouge between two countries? a complete disgrace to your country in the international fora and you guys are celebrating it... look at the reality..

"Eventually" could be a very long time..I hope not but its quite possible.

“Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it.”
- Edmund Burke

It is as if Edmund Burke was addressing the Pakistani people. :cry:
yeah lets hope for the best!! i wish this eventuality comes soon.:pakistan:

and kayanis "STRATEGIC MOVE", if it is, must b applauded.. at least some sanity still prevails.

125 million in return for many valuable lives that WE lost plus all the monetary loss that we face! is NOTHING!!! they have sent us home with nothing! just words of help! nothing is coming out of this "strategic" dialogue crap!

Back
Top Bottom