What's new

Army, Navy ‘disappointed’ as MoD defers crucial missile buys

Which is most likely why he strictly goes on according to the rules and regulations, which then are correct, since a minister can't make his own decision at his own will.
However, he is taking that too seriously in some cases (LUH competition), while in this case, the report itself says:

So you can't blame him for doing his job according the rules and as long there are investigation going on against this very company and this very weapon system, you obviously can't give a go ahead for a procurement.

Btw, a defence minister is not meant to make the forces happy!

And who's responsible for this F#ck-up? The same MoD! They're the ones who took bribes in clearing a deal and they're the ones who hold up a defence deal because the investigative heat is on them! What are the Armed Forces in between? Thunn Thunn Gopal!!

Seriously, these deals ought to be made transparent with reasons given for accepting or rejecting a manufacturer/equipment. It's very convenient to cite National Security and gobble bribes otherwise.

And who's responsible for this F#ck-up? The same MoD! They're the ones who took bribes in clearing a deal and they're the ones who hold up a defence deal because the investigative heat is on them! What are the Armed Forces in between? Thunn Thunn Gopal!!

Seriously, these deals ought to be made transparent with reasons given for accepting or rejecting a manufacturer/equipment. It's very convenient to cite National Security and gobble bribes otherwise.

First of all, the investigations are not held by MoD, but by independent sources. Secondly, not sure who took bribes in this case, but we all know that most of IA's competitions were cancelled because their officers took bribes, so how is that MoDs failure?
It always amazes me how simply we blame GoI/MoD for whatsoever, but how we always trying to protect engineers, scientists, officers, or simple soldiers for their wrong doing. The scale of bribes might be smaller at the lower end, but it's still wrong and against the laws, so blame those who did something wrong, not those who are trying to do something right!
And how do you expect to make the process transparent when the investigation is not completed?

I am not a fan of Antony either, I think he is too soft for this job and should take on the forces and government own industry much harder and I do think he is generalizing the keep it clean policy, but the fact remains that he is doing nothing wrong when he is doing what the law and the rules of MoD want him to do.

Why spend money on something related to the national security, but it's not a vote catcher? spend that money on some idiotic scheme which may catch voters eyes. Afterall election is getting closer...

First of all, the investigations are not held by MoD, but by independent sources. Secondly, not sure who took bribes in this case, but we all know that most of IA's competitions were cancelled because their officers took bribes, so how is that MoDs failure?
It always amazes me how simply we blame GoI/MoD for whatsoever, but how we always trying to protect engineers, scientists, officers, or simple soldiers for their wrong doing. The scale of bribes might be smaller at the lower end, but it's still wrong and against the laws, so blame those who did something wrong, not those who are trying to do something right!
And how do you expect to make the process transparent when the investigation is not completed?

I am not a fan of Antony either, I think he is too soft for this job and should take on the forces and government own industry much harder and I do think he is generalizing the keep it clean policy, but the fact remains that he is doing nothing wrong when he is doing what the law and the rules of MoD want him to do.

Why will someone want to bribe the Armed Forces if the bureaucracy does it's job well? All the other project engineers, scientists, soldiers, officers etc have a technical job or role. What's the sole job of the Ministries? The sole purpose the bureaucracy exists is to ensure administrative compliance. If they're bad at this one job of theirs, why blame others? In case of the Aquisition arm of the MoD, it's just to evaluate the options received after the tenders are closed and home in on the most suitable option. that's their sole job! And if they're suckers in this, why blame anyone else?

While the other engineers, scientists and armed personnel are doing their job with varying degrees of success, they're getting the flak proportionately for this. For someone like the MoD to fail utterly in it's roles and responsibilities, why should they not be held responsible for this?? Take any kickbacks scandal and the MoD is invariably at the forefront. So yes, they ought to be blamed more than any scientist, engineer or Armed forces Officer for this fiasco.

Which is most likely why he strictly goes on according to the rules and regulations, which then are correct, since a minister can't make his own decision at his own will.
However, he is taking that too seriously in some cases (LUH competition), while in this case, the report itself says:

So you can't blame him for doing his job according the rules and as long there are investigation going on against this very company and this very weapon system, you obviously can't give a go ahead for a procurement.

Btw, a defence minister is not meant to make the forces happy!

ur explanations are pathetic
defence minister can speed up anything if he wants,,,he can see all the trials himself and make his own opinion.
he can make an honest committee and appoint honest officers in key posts.

what did he do in case of vk singh bribe issue??
tatra scam??
why was he sleeping for past 10 years

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom