What's new

Army gives government 48 hour ultimatum: Shujat

so here is how things go in Pakistan.
this anchor is interviewing chota chaudry on TV yesterday, and we know how Pakistani people speak bongian so chota chaudry says "ji army ne to NS ko keh dia hay hamri taraf na daikho is masley to khatam kero jaldi", and anchor goes thank you chaudry saab yeh to pata chal gya ke army kis ke side pe hay"

This country has everything but the intellect,
Windows Error "Intellect not found, click retry 180 million times"

yet people call them their leaders!!

اسلام آباد: سابق وزیراعظم اور پاکستان مسلم لیگ (ق) کے سربراہ چوہدری شجاعت حسین نے دعویٰ کیا ہے کہ فوج نے سیاسی بحران کے حل کے لیے حکومت کو 48 گھنٹوں کا الٹی میٹم دے دیا ہے۔

ڈان نیوز سے خصوصی بات چیت کرتے ہوئے انہوں نے کہا کہ سیاسی بحران سےنمٹنےکے لیے آئینی حل تیارکرلیا گیا ہے۔

چوہدری شجاعت نے کہا کہ نواز شریف سے آرمی چیف سمیت پوری فوج ناراض ہے۔

انھوں نے کہا کہ ہم سانحہ ماڈل ٹاؤن کے مقدمے اور حکومت کی تحلیل کے مطالبے سے ایک انچ بھی پیچھے نہیں ہٹیں گے۔

ق لیگ رہنما نے کہا کہ دھرنا جاری رہے گا اور وہ اُس وقت تک یہاں سے نہیں جائیں گے جب تک وزیراعظم استعفیٰ نہ دے دیں۔

چوہدری شجاعت کا کہنا تھا کہ احتجاج ہر ایک کا حق ہے اور ہمارے کوئی لمبے چوڑے مطالبات نہیں ہیں۔

اس سوال کے جواب میں کہ اگر تحریک انصاف اور عوامی تحریک کےمطالبات تسلیم کر لیے جائیں تو فوج کی مداخلت اور آئینی بحران پیدا کیے بغیر انتقال اقتدار کا معاملہ کس طرح سے حل کیا جا سکتا ہے، چوہدری شجاعت نے کہا کہ اس حوالے سےمشاورت کرلی گئی ہے۔

چوہدری شجاعت کا کہنا تھا کہ ماضی میں بھی اس طرح کی صورتحال سامنے آتی رہی ہے اور کوئی آئینی بحران سامنے نہیں آئے گا۔

چوہدری شجاعت کے اس جواب سے یہ قیاس کیا جا رہا ہے کہ وہ ایک عوامی ریفرنڈم کا اشارہ دے رہے ہیں۔

چوہدری شجاعت کی جانب سے یہ بات ایسے وقت میں سامنے آئی ہے جب گزشتہ روز آرمی چیف نے مذاکرات کے ذریعے بحران کے حل پر زور دیا تھا ۔
That's an interesting talk, Government was given an ultimatum of 48 hours and he wasn't.Very interesting indeed.

I was 'almost certain' that Army was not behind this but now I have doubts. The Zaid Hamid interview posted by @Proudpakistaniguy a couple of days ago was the first hint that the security establishment wanted IK to follow certain script--which the idiot couldnt follow faithfully.
If true then this is an indirect coup. If true then what a sad day for Pakistan! Tomorrow anyone can grab a few thousands and march toward the Red Zone.
But I still wish NS had not made Musharraf an issue; Mush is a 'has been' and was not worth pricking the army for.

o bhai can somebody enlighten me on few points

1. Isint there any sort of impeachment process for the prime minister if found guilty in corruption?
2. Why is it looking like "Jiski lathi uski bhens" kinda prime ministership of pakistan?
3. Isint this going to destroy very fabric of the Pakistani constitution and the PM office will loose its credibility?

Well ,well ,one day ago a reputed TTA told me that democratic goverment have so much power and entire policies in their hand.Now it seems these democratic govt dont have chance against the PA.

And not only I but the seasoned editors of Dawn are beginning to draw the conclusion of an indirect coup:

Déjà vu - Pakistan - DAWN.COM
To some, the ISPR statement will simply reflect an obvious reality: there is a political impasse in the country and the political leadership needs to demonstrate “patience, wisdom and sagacity”. Note though that the ISPR had nary a word to say on constitutionalism, democracy and the rule of law. Instead, there was the usual martial language about sacred symbols of the state and the need to protect the national interest.

Place Tuesday’s ISPR statement in the proper historical context and it amounts to little more than big brother chiding the children of democracy to behave — or else. The ‘or else’ is always left unsaid, but the country hardly needs reminding about what it could be.

Without a doubt, the army leadership has grabbed with both hands the opportunity that the political leadership has created for it — perhaps even steered events from behind the scenes to the present impasse.

This current issue aside. How is this guy a leader of Pakistan?

People are reading too much between the lines. Army is not coming however Imran is not backing down from his demand of Pm resignation, Nawaz has changed IG of police, things might get uglier. Nawaz knows it has become increasingly difficult for him to hold on to power. He might want to become a political martyr by initiating violence, getting people killed and forcing the hand of the army to intervene.

Back
Top Bottom