What's new

Army Chief orders inquiry

But its not his heart which is down there is it?
Plus that is what all the super heroes do, wear stars and stripes...actually OBL kept a vault of kryptonite at the mansion when he found this out...now go figure!
:azn:

Anyhow, if some people are let go off after the inquiry then i agree.
Perhaps one of both of the COAS/ISI head should resign?

I hope Gen Tariq Khan is made the COAS or ISI head and is given power to clean up the act.
I would appreciate such an outcome since he is a brave, professional and competent soldier.
Gen Tariq Khan has potential to break the back of all terrorists.Excellent General by all accounts.

Now do not go off running with my comment here.
I mean what i say based on my knowledge and experience, I do not indulge in fan boy behavior nor am partial to either of the gentlemen through any prior affiliation.

From day one Gen. Tariq has been the man who transformed the FC into fighting the Taliban and has been the most prominent military commander in field against the terrorists.
He has more information of in field operations in the tribal areas than most other commanders and won renown with his troops, considering that he commanded FC. this was indeed a miracle.

You have no idea how impossible a task it was to change FC into fighting the Taliban since both had tribals in their cadre.
It was Gen. Tariq who made this transition possible and i think he can be the commander who can take Army onwards by making tough decisions which may not be popular initially.

It is not because Kiyani is incompetent that i am saying this.
Kiyani is a competent guy who did much to bring professionalism to the troops but has lost the ball here and the price has to be paid.
When someone is promoted on merit, they can still make a mistake.
Depending on the magnitude of the mistake, they need to make changes which can also mean a resignation.
The ISI head and maybe even COAS needs to be changed and Gen. Tariq is a suitable replacement for either one.
I would prefer if he is made ISI head and then COAS.

and it will be Pak Army itself who will make recommendations as to who they see fit to lead the institution... I m actually surprised to see that you guys are asking for resignations... I have no doubt in my mind that America DID NOT act alone in this operation and at least Kayani and Pasha were informed of this... These two have been there for far too long... The Army needs to pull out talent from amongst its midst and put them in charge... and please upon them taking the oath add in a line saying something like... "May I burn in Hell forever if I take America as my master"...

seriously koi izat nahe chori is fauj aur hakoomat nay ... xtreme kardi hey .... arab aur bangali uth uth kar sab choro afghani indians hamko batain kar rahay hain .... !

We are all upset... Pakistan could have become a shining beacon for the whole world had we captured Bin Laden and put him thru a super quick trial within our own country!!!!

but then there was seriously a fear that Zardari would pardon him by taking 10 percent... Ah well... May God reward Bin Laden for fighting against the Soviets... (all Americans say Amen to that)

Kiyani is a competent guy who did much to bring professionalism to the troops but has lost the ball here and the price has to be paid.
Depending on the magnitude of the mistake, they need to make changes which can also mean a resignation.
The ISI head and maybe even COAS needs to be changed and Gen. Tariq is a suitable replacement for either one.

Kiyani is famous for his cautious approach ...
infact a bit too cautious.. and that comes to his own skin.
While GoC during Kargil he was opposed to the operation, but did not voice this to Musharraf.
Even now, his instinct is to ensure his survival, and make a decision that wont step on too many toes.

Now do not go off running with my comment here.
I mean what i say based on my knowledge and experience, I do not indulge in fan boy behavior nor am partial to either of the gentlemen through any prior affiliation.

From day one Gen. Tariq has been the man who transformed the FC into fighting the Taliban and has been the most prominent military commander in field against the terrorists.
He has more information of in field operations in the tribal areas than most other commanders and won renown with his troops, considering that he commanded FC. this was indeed a miracle.

You have no idea how impossible a task it was to change FC into fighting the Taliban since both had tribals in their cadre.
It was Gen. Tariq who made this transition possible and i think he can be the commander who can take Army onwards by making tough decisions which may not be popular initially.

I am in no way challenging you knowledge on the Man , he may be more good that even what you say -- but just said this is what most Pakistanis thought of Kayani too till few weeks ago.

This is my opinion and I think I am entitled to it.

I am in no way challenging you knowledge on the Man , he may be more good that even what you say -- but just said this is what most Pakistanis thought of Kayani too till few weeks ago.

This is my opinion and I think I am entitled to it.

You sure are entitled to your opinion.
However now that i have mentioned the credentials of this man, you read about him and would know why i name him, instead of anyone else.
He is a charismatic figure who is not even remotely apologetic in killing the rascals who are burning this region and killing innocents.

A very famous thing about him was when he took command of FC in WOT.
He found out after some time that due to tribal allegiances, lack of motivation and non serious attitude the FC was prone to surrender if outnumbered.
He reprimanded his troops in a fiery address and being a Pathan he told them that if you surrender your weapon to these rascals, it is like you are surrendering your wives to the enemy and nothing shall make me feel more ashamed of you than this.
After this famous speech, one of the FC men heroically fought in an epic encounter in Bajaur i think and clung to his weapon despite being critically wounded and would not let go...when the troops found him... he had only one request.
"Tell General Sb. that i did not lose my weapon to the enemy!".

After hearing the story, I feel that the solder was brave and awsum rather than praising the general for a speech

We dont need another BS fauji enquiry , Civilian parliament should summon all army and intelligence heads and they should be questioned by parliamentarians live on TV

We need independent inquiry, not army's inquiry and before that all of these heads should resign. First volunteer should be intel chief himself. If they want to save the image of these institutions then they have to take some hard decisions.

How could you make a General and his chamchas resign who bribed the present Govt. for their extensions? In my point of view, Army should do a suicide - my 12 year old brother was saying bad things about Army today who use to be a wannabe military officer and when I enquired where did you get these news from he replied everyone at school talks about Pak Army and how they've been busted big time. That's alarming for Pak Army and Pakistan as a whole - when the youngsters changes their sides.

Kiyani, seriously if you've ever loved your country or your countrymen you'd have resigned by now after humiliation over humiliation - but your skin is too thick and you are no different than Zardari and Co, and thank you very much for letting the whole nation down.

I think in this inquiry they are trying to find out that how can we improve our defense and it is important to find this out in the light of this operation

If I am not wrong these are the exact words that used to be the description of Kayani till not long ago.

Until and unless Pakistanis stop trusting the Army to run the nation, nothing will happen.

Absolute power, in this case of being COAS- the ultimate authority in Pakistan, corrupts everyone.

kayani is very nicely recieved by the soldiers...he visits them regularly....spends time with them...raises their morale....but he is $h!t at politics....adn because our political leadership is also $h!t hence kayani is being victimized......he has his faults...but not on this scale.

our army cheap is playing very cheap;;; ( URDU ) itni zilat or disgrace kisi be mulk ki nahi hoti jitni paksitan ki hoti hay...i am not proud of being pakistani..
hamari foj nay ham ko es zillat ka aadi banaya hay.....kia koi hay jo pakistan ko es zillat say bachaye...dill khoon k ansu rota hay...itni beezatti aor ye army k log aor politician kuch be mehsos nahi kar rahy hay....

yes you are right bro, no foji inquiry, who the hl are they to inquire !!! parliment should do it...isi army all should be under the parliment

kayani is very nicely recieved by the soldiers...he visits them regularly....spends time with them...raises their morale....but he is $h!t at politics....adn because our political leadership is also $h!t hence kayani is being victimized......he has his faults...but not on this scale.

In being fair one has to be fair and not try to paint someone as absolute bad or good.
When i ask him to resign or let go off the ISI head if it was indeed such a failure, i want him to do it to save the Army that he has done well to reorganize.

Kayani really did a lot to lift the spirits of the soldiers and was always there visiting the front lines and letting the soldiers know that the commanders were right there with them.
He promoted guys like Gen Tariq Khan and a lot of others who were not political but straight shooters.
He introduced training of troops in Low intensity conflicts and has helped enhance the mobility of our military.
For those not familiar with our past operations in the tribal areas, swat and later south waziristan were lightniing strikes of SSG and air assault forces in large numbers previously not undertaken by our military at this scale and intensity.
I am aware of how the TTP was shocked when our air assault troops landed on the mountains in SWA, while they were waiting for convoys to slowly crawl in front of them.
The presence of senior commanders at the front lines at many critical phases of the operation ushered in a new era of highly mobile command which was visible to the troops.
The rescue operation of our troops in which a brigadier general was shot when trying to rescue his men from an ambush speaks of a change whereby many brave and professional soldiers have been promoted to higher ranks.
All this shall definitely be positive in the long run.

The future generals have been more involved in this WOT at the front lines, with passage of few years most of our commanders would have personal experience of facing the tafkiri fitna in various command capacities.

I am sure this episode though embarrassing, shall help the military get rid of any excess baggage it carries in terms of both individuals, doctrines or concepts of strategy.
The narrative is critical here, this is where we made a mistake.

Well ISI did a good job in hiding him for 10 years, look at positives.

Back
Top Bottom