BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Armenians’ future looks bleak
28 MARCH 2014 [12:00] - TODAY.AZ

pic132122.jpg
By AzerNews
The Armenian government has confirmed that the minimum wage in the country is at the poverty level.

"The government plans to increase the minimum wage, which is at the poverty level, to 125 percent of the poverty ratio," Armenian Minister of Labor and Social Affairs Artem Asatryan said at a parliamentary session on March 26.

The minimum wage is 50,000 drams ($121) in the country, while the minimum consumer basket was set at 56,200 drams ($135) per month at the end of 2013.

While the government is making plans, the situation has became so complicated that the population is forced even to buy bread on credit.

Some 22 families of the Okhtar village in the Syunik province have struck up an agreement with some bakers to get daily bread and pay for it at the end of each month. An older resident of the village said families are seriously suffering from social problems.

"The village school, where the schoolchildren of five villages study, will be closed down soon due to a decrease in the number of students. The total number of schoolchildren is 25-27 now," he said. "There are no young people and families in the village. The last child was born in the village 10 years ago."

The Armenians' dire needs have caused some citizens to take even extreme measures. A middle-aged man who was holding a knife entered the territory of the Parliament and threatened to kill himself if he could not meet the president on March 26. He said he wanted to draw the attention of officials to his family's poverty.

"I have applied a thousand times and demanded money for bread, but no one has responded to my letters," he said.

The Armenian media noted that this incident is not the first such happening at the Parliament's territory.

The parliament has found out how to protect itself against dissatisfied citizens. Some 150 surveillance cameras will be installed at the parliamentary building soon. The cameras will even be installed on the trees at the Parliament's garden.

The forecasts are still not optimistic for Armenia. The price of imported gas from Russia will probably face an increase from June 1, as the price will up four percent in Russia.

The Armenian government increased gas and electricity prices for consumers in July 2013, a decision that led to the closure of several small and medium enterprises.

Due to the increased tariffs, several greenhouses and bread production facilities and 30 percent of fish farmers have stopped working.

So, the second wave of price increase in Armenia will inevitably have a negative impact on the economy which is in deadlock situation even now.

Sad. I don't like to see normal people suffering. Doesn't matter what country they live in.

Sad. I don't like to see normal people suffering. Doesn't matter what country they live in.
But majority of the country, Armenia supports occupation of Karabakh. At the end they are choosing it to be in this situation. The only people I feel sad for is the children in Armenia. They didn't make a choice or can't make a choice.

Armenia doesn't even recognize Turkey's borders. They also accuse us for genocide and they have lobies undermining Turkey and worse while they turn a blind eye what they did in Anatolia and to Azerbaijan.

They wish the worst for us. Believe me. I talked to them in person.

Last edited:
But majority of the country, Armenia supports occupation of Karabakh. At the end they are choosing it to be in this situation. The only people I feel sad for is the children in Armenia. They didn't make a choice or can't make a choice.

Armenia doesn't even recognize Turkey's borders. They also accuse us for genocide and they have lobies undermining Turkey and worse while they turn a blind eye what they did in Anatolia and to Azerbaijan.

I know bro. I'm just saying it's sad. I agree with your post. But I believe, as Turks, if there is ever a humanitarian crisis, we should rise above past issues and help all those who need it.

I know bro. I'm just saying it's sad. I agree with your post. But I believe, as Turks, if there is ever a humanitarian crisis, we should rise above past issues and help all those who need it.
Think it like this. What would happen if Armenia is strong country. We know what Greece did when it was a strong country in the 80ies and 90ies. At the time Greek PM met with PKK leaders. Not many years ago, Greece supported Serbians massacring Muslims. Who is Ocalan? FFS Ocalan is Armenian but changed his name. It is either them or us. I think we will help them in humanitarian crises in case of earthquake etc but we shouldn't give them economic boost unless they fall within our sphere of influence economically. Armenia should get this treatment until they accept our sphere of influence.

Azerbaijan was one of the first countries to send aid to Armenia when an earthquake hit one of their cities
in return they attacked us right after Soviet invasion

Russia used Armenia as proxy to cut off Azerbayjan from turkish soil. Russian leaders knew that Azeris would join Turkey and unite into the first step of greater Turan.

Russia is aware of everything in the world. :tup:

Russia used Armenia as proxy to cut off Azerbayjan from turkish soil. Russian leaders knew that Azeris would join Turkey and unite into the first step of greater Turan.

Soon Armenia won't even exist. They have second worst economy of the world. More than half of their people live in US. And current population said they want to leave Armenia in recent poll that was conducted. They can't afford children. Good job :enjoy: . Armenia is just a big prison with borders sealed. How long will it exist?

Choosing Russian side is the biggest mistake they made. Russians don't care about Armenians. Neither do you. Either way, you will be next.

Soon Armenia won't even exist. They have second worst economy of the world. More than half of their people live in US. And current population said they want to leave Armenia in recent poll that was conducted. They can't afford children. Good job :enjoy: . Armenia is just a big prison with borders sealed. How long will it exist?

Choosing Russian side is the biggest mistake they made. Russians don't care about Armenians. Neither do you. Either way, you will be next.

You are too aggressive. You need to be slaped properly. :tup:

Azerbaijan never had and never will have intention to lose its independence and join another country
we are doing very well as an independent country

I think Putin should absorb Armenia into the Russian Federation, it can become an exclave like Kaliningrad.

I think Putin should absorb Armenia into the Russian Federation, it can become an exclave like Kaliningrad.

Armenia must stay separate from Russia. A proxy war between Armenia and Azerbayjan is needed to avoid World War 3.

I don't understand this. Both countries are quite insignificant on the world stage.

Without proxies Turkey and Russia would start a WW3. Russia and Turkey need the both little countries as proxies to fight their wars.

Back
Top Bottom