What's new

Armenia 'genocide' row: Turkey recalls envoy to Germany after vote

war&peace

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
An unfortunate development and I'm wondering about the timing of this resolution. Modern Turkey is a different country than Ottoman empire and blaming Turkey for an incident in the past is similar to hold modern Germany responsible for holocaust, the difference being the latter incident is more recent than the Armenian one. But lets try to find the real motive behind such an idiotic step by Germany.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36439092
@HAKIKAT @Zarvan @GURU DUTT

An unfortunate development and I'm wondering about the timing of this resolution. Modern Turkey is a different country than Ottoman empire and blaming Turkey for an incident in the past is similar to hold modern Germany responsible for holocaust, the difference being the latter incident is more recent than the Armenian one. But lets try to find the real motive behind such an idiotic step by Germany.

Germany has admitted their guilt and paid reparations. Turkey to this day denies any responsibility. The two cases are quite different.
Having said that, I can't see what Germany has to gain from this. What has Armenia ever done for them? They should have just stayed silent.

Last edited:
Germany has admitted their guilt and paid reparations. Turkey to this day denies any responsibility. The two cases are quite different.
Having said that, I can't see what Germany has to gain from this. What has Armenia ever done for them? They should have just stayed silent.
you know what else is quite different...the persecution of jews begin in peacetime...armenians rebelled against ottomans and didnt succeed in their agenda

you know what else is quite different...the persecution of jews begin in peacetime...armenians rebelled against ottomans and didnt succeed in their agenda
Same thing happened in Bosnia. There was a civil war and yet you still use the term "genocide" to describe it. Even the Jews used violence to fight back in the Warsaw ghetto uprising.

Nobody should stay silent over a crime like this. It has to do with morals and to do the right thing. It also comes at a time when Erdogan believed he has the better cards. Since 4 weeks turkey gets one slap into the face after the next.

And as Merkel said today: Turkey is totally isolated on a global scale. She doesnt believe erdogan will do anything at all. He cant afford it.

And Germany just made a resolution. My country italy puts evryone for 3 years into jail who denies the armenian genocide. :D

Same thing happened in Bosnia. There was a civil war and yet you still use the term "genocide" to describe it. There are very few cases of mass killings in history where one side was entirely peaceful.
again your analogy is quite flawed...i'm sure you are aware there are court rulings in case of bosnia and lack of any court rulings for armenian sufferings
since when are parliaments authorized to rule if certain event is genocide or not...why do we have international courts for that

the actual genocide was by the tsarist russia and the armenian terrorists in the period 1870s-1919.....the russians deliberately supported terror operations to change the demographics in the area ......this was very clear as far back as the 1877 war....all muslim males were conscripted so their villages were denuded of able bodied males and thus vulnerable to the armenian terror operations ......the mass slaughter went undocumented because the imperial powers did not care....

This is in direct response to Erdogan openly boasting that if Germany does not give in to his demand, he would push terrorists into Germany and those sissy faggøt Germans would not be able to do anything.

Off course he did not used such dramatic language, but the gist of his content was same. He openly warned Germany of consequences if they did not adhere to his deal on a politically charged issue ,which has put Merkel under tremendous pressure, which is similar to attacking pride of a country in this situation (in Normal times; warning of dire consequences would have been normal, but for now muslim migration is a burning issue in whole of Europe). Labeling Turks as genociders is German way of saying that they have some pride left in them and would not surrender to Turkey.

Why now....what took them so long? Was an investigation going and they just found the evidence?

"Frankly dear, I don't give a damn" - a line from the movie, Gone with the Wind

It wasn't even the Ottoman Empire in its real sense since the last true sovereign was Sultan Abdul Hamid Han (RA), who fell a victim to a coup by the Free Masons. That coup government, supposed to be secular & liberal, in alliance with Germany took part in WW1. Hold that coup government responsible. As for these Armenian fiascos, they all started recently. Anyway, Turkish folks have been on the razor's edge since the time immemorial - an opportunity cost for building 16 empires all across the then known world. What'd have been the alternatives - let 17 horsemen come and get your land (Bengal)? Compared to what they'd been through, they must be quite enjoying these moments....

"Turkey is surrounded by sea in 3 sides, and by enemies in 4 sides" - A Turkish proverb

Last edited by a moderator:
"Frankly dear, I don't give a damn" - a line from the movie, Gone with the Wind

It wasn't even the Ottoman Empire in its real sense since the last true sovereign was Sultan Abdul Hamid Han (RA), who fell a victim to a coup by the Free Masons. That coup government, supposed to be secular & liberal, in alliance with Germany took part in WW1. Hold that coup government responsible. As for these Armenian fiascos, they all started recently. Anyway, Turkish folks have been on the razor's edge since the time immemorial - an opportunity cost for building 16 empires all across the then known world. What'd have been the alternatives - let 17 horsemen come and get your land (Bengal)? Compared to what they'd been through, they must be quite enjoying these moments....

"Turkey is surrounded by sea in 3 sides, and by enemies in 4 sides" - A Turkish proverb

Donmehs, if I am not mistaken a.k.a The Young Turks who were pulling the strings from behind?

What Germany has gained from this? was there any pressure from other countries or what?

It was personal,against Erdogan.
Normally the Germans wouldnt have done this.

Back
Top Bottom