What's new

Arjun News & Discussions

Can't the T-90 also guard these places ?

IS this why we need T-72 in such numers ?

Well, why not. It would do it even better, if given an opportunity.

But wait a second, has anyone seen a tank on the mountains??????

Please show some photo evidence or official texts..........

Can't the T-90 also guard these places ?

IS this why we need T-72 in such numers ?

T-72 has been seriously put to test on hard Russian Snowy terrains and used here, Where as T-90 has been Modified According to Our Specifications , We needed a Tank Which Should work in climates above 50 degree and T-90 Bhishma Does it....

T-72 has been seriously put to test on hard Russian Snowy terrains and used here, Where as T-90 has been Modified According to Our Specifications , We needed a Tank Which Should work in climates above 50 degree and T-90 Bhishma Does it....

But the T-72's are aged tanks with a shrinking fleet , having to reply on them completely in this terrain , especially when we have two other fine tanks in the forces.

I can understand the problem of getting the Arjun into these area's , transport would be problem.

But wouldn't it be prudent to have more equipped armour units also supplement the T-72's.

Especially since i would assume the attack helicopters can't reach these places.

Do you have any Idea, what kind of tanks the other sides may deploy against us in these areas, sir ?

I am sure we could get T-90's into the Area if need be.

But the T-72's are aged tanks with a shrinking fleet , having to reply on them completely in this terrain , especially when we have two other fine tanks in the forces.

But It is the Most potent Tank In that terrain, And thats one main reason its getting Upgraded.... T-72 is an Underestimated Tank.

I can understand the problem of getting the Arjun into these area's , transport would be problem.

Not Necessarily, Its not wise Decision to Air Lift Arjun MBT, It can be transported Via Rail. But the Problem is, We have a large fleet of T-72's operating In those areas, and Neither Arjun Nor T-90 can Be replaced there due to obvious reasons.

But wouldn't it be prudent to have more equipped armour units also supplement the T-72's.

Those Borders are peaceful, and Heavily Equipping those borders is an Over Kill, Both these nations cannot Oppose each other With Their tank thrust , Thats why Airforce has been Opted Instead.

Especially since i would assume the attack helicopters can't reach these places.

Why not? They can, But dont expect those to Go as high as the Himalayas, but in Ladakh and Sikkim, aksai Chin..

Do you have any Idea, what kind of tanks the other sides may deploy against us in these areas, sir ?

They got everything;)

I am sure we could get T-90's into the Area if need be.

Why not??? If the situation Wants it there, We could

i heard IA is having problems with t 90's thermal imagers at such temperatures !!!!

also read this one !!!!!

Broadsword: The T-90 tank: Piercing the army's armour of deception

:disagree::disagree:

and this one too !!!!!

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread214509/pg1

THIS IS WHAT I CALL ---------PURE CORRUPTION !!!!!!

AND THEY SAY ARJUN IS FLAWED, T 90 IS MORE FUTURISTIC .....PERFORMS BETTER ....ALL BULLSHIT

AND AFTER THE RECENT T90 BASHING BY ARJUN ....... THEY AGAIN SHAMELESSLY SAY THAT T 90 IS GOING TO BE THEIR MAIN TANK AND ARJUN TO BE PROCURED IN SMALLER NO.S

LETS GET IT MORE STRAIGHT !!!!

NOT BUYING ARJUN AS IT IS NOT UP TO THE MARK(WHICH IS NOT SO)...FINE UNDERSTOOD

BUT THEN WHY BUY THAT CRAPPY T 90 ... WHICH IS EVEN DOWN RATED THAN ARJUN !!!!

WHY IS INDIAN ARMY BEING PARTIAL TOWARDS T90 !!!!!

ONE REASON ..............

THEY GOT RUSSIAN MONEY STUFFED IN THEIR POCKETS..........!!!!!!!

Last edited:
i didn't get u ??

dont tell me u support t 90 and u r not aware of corruption in army !!

You are judjing Your Army based on just a news?? Why not judge it by going there, Are You daring Enough to do that My son?? There Is corruption, But Dont do Propaganda based on that....

We are not Buying T-90 without proper reasons, And Those reasons are Not willing to be Shared, So Media is given an opportunity to exploit our Silence, And The nation Believes the Media more than those who guard You, What is our need to Stand there all night, guarding someone who we do not know??? and Who are You all to tell the army what is right and what is wrong?

Easy to Sit on a chair, Switch on the AC, Eat well and Give an Advise.... So Please before making a Comment sit and think, there is a certain reason behind what Your Army Is Doing, What more do you need that Your Protection which we assure.

Last edited:
THIS IS WHAT I CALL ---------PURE CORRUPTION !!!!!!

AND THEY SAY ARJUN IS FLAWED, T 90 IS MORE FUTURISTIC .....PERFORMS BETTER ....ALL BULLSHIT

Yes T-90 has a better platform than the Arjun which is Introduced late, while the army was striving to have Arjun Of today in the Late 2000's

AND AFTER THE RECENT T90 BASHING BY ARJUN ....... THEY AGAIN SHAMELESSLY SAY THAT T 90 IS GOING TO BE THEIR MAIN TANK AND ARJUN TO BE PROCURED IN SMALLER NO.S

Obviously, T-90 has been ordered on a larger scale,And what makes You thinks that Ordering Arjun More than T-90 is a wise decision?

Arjun has been ordered and The funds for a better tank has been given, Let DRDO Present it and we would Order it, Arjun has been given more than enough time by the army.

LETS GET IT MORE STRAIGHT !!!!

NOT BUYING ARJUN AS IT IS NOT UP TO THE MARK(WHICH IS NOT SO)...FINE UNDERSTOOD

Who said we are not buying Arjun? we have limited the order as DRDO is Working on a futuristic tank based on Arjun, So what makes You think we would waste more money on Arjun?

BUT THEN WHY BUY THAT CRAPPY T 90 ... WHICH IS EVEN DOWN RATED THAN ARJUN !!!!

Crappy T-90??? Let me Know how??? Please care to answer it.

WHY IS INDIAN ARMY BEING PARTIAL TOWARDS T90 !!!!!

It deserves our Partiality thats why, it fits Our need, see Indian army can go for more powerful tanks if needed Like Leopard, We dint because It jsut dosent suit us, We dont want the best tank in the world, why dont You understand that we need a tanks which suits our Role..

ONE REASON ..............

THEY GOT RUSSIAN MONEY STUFFED IN THEIR POCKETS..........!!!!!!!

Yes, Open Our Pocket and You would see Blood falling from it, A blood which has been shed for Citizens who were not worth for it......

@IndianArmy

Can you shed some light regarding the trials? Some points favoring T-90 (apart from timeline)?

@IndianArmy

Can you shed some light regarding the trials? Some points favoring T-90 (apart from timeline)?

Sorry dear,displaying ones strength will in turn display ones Weakness, I cannot do that , and More over I do not know..:D

Back
Top Bottom