What's new

Arjun News & Discussions

It is a matter of confidence in the defence research institutions in the country. Indian armed forces love the sophisticated arms imported and have got habituated to it. Any change is resisted in large organisations and that was the initial hiccups. Once the army realised the issue, things are falling back on track.

Arjun is hugely underrated around the world. A system that can prove its worth in a war is the real champion and I think Arjun can surprise the enemy.
:cheers:

Yea i do agree.
But the design of the arjun dont really look smart..
I mean.. It looks old..
The body design and the turret.
Or is it just a tank with high fire power.
and the rest is kinda5/10?

Yea i do agree.
But the design of the arjun dont really look smart..
I mean.. It looks old..
The body design and the turret.
Or is it just a tank with high fire power.
and the rest is kinda5/10?

What is not smart about Arjun ? What is old about Arjun ? Can you please point me in the right direction, i will try to answer your question.

i think arjun in war will have heavy losses because it is toooo heavy for desert dont have smooth fire control

i think arjun in war will have heavy losses because it is toooo heavy for desert dont have smooth fire control

On the contrary Arjun was extensively tested against T-90 in desert with special emphasis on mobility and fire power. There was unofficial report which stated that Arjun managed to hit all 10 targets on the run as well as stationary which was assigned to it whereas T90 managed to score only 5. (on the run). Needless to say IA officials were taken back, this resulted in more orders and further funding for Arjun-2. You can also read the report from Livefist on how the tanks were compared. So i wouldnt say that just because its heavy it will not perform well in battle.

But i have my concerns in transpotting the tank over to battle fields / over rives / valleys , etc...Long time back the IA infantry bridges & Railways were not capable of handling Arjun's weight however the recent word (From Ajai Shukla) is that it is no longer the case. The infantry bridges are all modified.

I didnt understand when you it doesnt have smooth fire control..Can you explain what caused you to say that ?

Well it did better in both categories then the T-90 :coffee:

I don't know what you standards are , but the Trials , which were desert Trials showed the Arjun to have better accuracy and superior mobility.

So , if you want to underestimate the Arjun do s at your own risk.

What is not smart about Arjun ? What is old about Arjun ? Can you please point me in the right direction, i will try to answer your question.

He means the Turret design.

It is not that it is not smart , having that turret shape has it own advantages , firstly more room for crew and equipment

Is the Design old , most definitely yes.
We can do much better with if we designed a new one.
But it only lacks in vertically sloped angled armour.
THe armour Still slopes horizontally at the front.
And slightly vertical on the top.

Are the materials old , no . The armour is very good and proved it self in trials

He means the Turret design.

It is not that it is not smart , having that turret shape has it own advantages , firstly more room for crew and equipment

Are the materials old , no . The armour is very good and proved it self in trials

Is that the only advantage ? I mean Arjun as is comfortable compared to T 90 (according to tank commanders). I believe it should be more than that ? Do we use slopping turret design to deflect some of the kinectic energy of the projecticle ? Atleast thats what merkava does...

Is Kanchan still the armour ? Or have we replaced it with something else ?

On the contrary Arjun was extensively tested against T-90 in desert with special emphasis on mobility and fire power. There was unofficial report which stated that Arjun managed to hit all 10 targets on the run as well as stationary which was assigned to it whereas T90 managed to score only 5. (on the run).

I would take that unoficial report with a truck load of salt, in other exercises in both India and Russia the T-90 was able to hit all of its targets, on one occasion a T-90 hit all 7 targets in 54 second while on the move (world record btw) that same T-90 hit 4 more targets after it broke the world record.

I would take that unoficial report with a truck load of salt, in other exercises in both India and Russia the T-90 was able to hit all of its targets, on one occasion a T-90 hit all 7 targets in 54 second while on the move (world record btw) that same T-90 hit 4 more targets after it broke the world record.
which terrain was that exercise carries out in??

Is the T-90 the only tank that will face arjun?
is the desert the only place where arjun will face t-90?
What if they face other russian,chinese,european tanks? or other arab tanks?
in snow? rain? storm? mountains?

Well T90 is one of the best tanks in its generation ...and how many countries have a better tank than T90.........that are sharing borders with India...or would get into conflict with India?

Geography people.....learn....India border with Pakistan....is mostly flat land...and mostly arid and desert.....and Thats precisely where its going to fight....There will be different tanks for Mountain regions.....

Tanks dont go in snow...there are special equipments for that...

Storm and rain...Arjun has shown abilities of maneuvering under more than 6 Feet water...

No, but You can only compete the Tank with the best In Your Arsenal, You cannot compete with Each and everything, and if it serves better and It offers More than What Army has asked for.

Most Likely yes..... But Why only T-90?

It will be the same fate, will be Outgunned, Again......

I see, A good Question, But if An MBT can sustain -43 degree and +55 degree celsius , and can move on the toughest of terrains why need to bother??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom