What's new

Arjun Mark II : An Israeli View [ Must Read ]

Tiki tam tam is right.Now a days in a conventional battle the winner is determined by air power.So tank vs tank discussion is realy futile.Battle scenarioes should be discussed.

Nabil,I believe that AK is more manueverable and faster than Arjun.But can AK outmanuever a LAHAT,a Nag or can it outrun a longrod FSAPDS rounds fired from ARDE L52 installed in arjuns??

Tell this to those who think Arjun will knock anything out of its way which is far from realistic. At times, even an ordinary weapon system can perform well if given enough and spontaneous support in a given situation. Neither Arjun nor Alkhalid is an exception here. As good as they are, they still need support be it by air or by armor, troops.

Indian Army Mechanized Forces and Armoured Corps video :

See Arjun @ 3.35 onwards :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to youtube or google video, search Arjun videos and post one where you see Arjun sprinting through the desert since i didnt see a single one. I did not conclude it being slow in desert and please do not be so pessimist and try to force words in my mouth.

do you by any chance have any special power to calculate speed of a tank by watching youtube videos?

you did conclude that Arjun was 'slower' than AK 'Racer'.

Check out this video at 2.58 .Arjun in desert Moving like Lamborghini in desert
:azn::azn:

Check all my posts and tell me where i called Arjun or any Indian mbt "BAD"?

I never said you did.

But thanks for the clarification!

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

Check all my posts and tell me where i called Arjun or any Indian mbt "BAD"?

I never said you did.

My aim was to calm all down.

But thanks for the clarification!

ARJUN is being called DESERT FERRARI for being very slow in desert i guess..

Go to youtube or google video, search Arjun videos and post one where you see Arjun sprinting through the desert since i didnt see a single one. I did not conclude it being slow in desert and please do not be so pessimist and try to force words in my mouth.

Go for this man!!!!drench your thirst about Arjun MBT ,why it's called as MONSTER in desert ........

Nabil,I believe that AK is more manueverable and faster than Arjun.But can AK outmanuever a LAHAT,a Nag or can it outrun a longrod FSAPDS rounds fired from ARDE L52 installed in arjuns??

And you believe this, because..? Have you by any chance seen Arjun in desert ..?

If you do not find anything on google or youtube, you came to the conclusion that it is slower in desert, I'm not putting words in your mouth but reply to your post only. If there is no video in youtube and google that J-10 or Rafale doing split S, you will post that it can't?

What I'm saying when you downgrade something, do not take random videos or lack of the same as a proof.

do you by any chance have any special power to calculate speed of a tank by watching youtube videos?

you did conclude that Arjun was 'slower' than AK 'Racer'.

I do not need special powers to observe the obvious. May be you do. Anyway, the speed and sprint of both mbts can be easily observed by merely looking at surroundings while they are moving, if you can, please do so. I hate being biased. :)

If you do not find anything on google or youtube, you came to the conclusion that it is slower in desert, I'm not putting words in your mouth but reply to your post only. If there is no video in youtube and google that J-10 or Rafale doing split S, you will post that it can't?

What I'm saying when you downgrade something, do not take random videos or lack of the same as a proof.

Friend, Arjun has had serious mobility, engine, transmission issues till 2 years ago. Are they all rectified? Can you give me a source that Indian Army is finally happy with Arjun's overall performance and DRDO? Seems to me that Arjun is forced on Indian Army by a powerful DRDO/ political lobby because if Arjun is as good as pretended, why go for the T-90m Vladimir in the first place?? I just want to know that's all.

ARJUN is being called DESERT FERRARI for being very slow in desert i guess..

You can name it whatever you want it does not matter. Will it become McLaren F1 if you say so?

Friend, Arjun has had serious mobility, engine, transmission issues till 2 years ago. Are they all rectified? Can you give me a source that Indian Army is finally happy with Arjun's overall performance and DRDO? Seems to me that Arjun is forced on Indian Army by a powerful DRDO/ political lobby because if Arjun is as good as pretended, why go for the T-90m Vladimir in the first place?? I just want to know that's all.

The Arjun is a very good tank.Most of the problems associated with it have been rectified.But one fundamental problem remains , and that is it's width.The Arjun is wider than the standard tank carrier platforms of the Indian railways.As a result the tanks cannot be stationed in other parts of the country but only in the Rajasthan and other border areas.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom